JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger Old Army .45, Colt series 70 1911 SXE, Colt Series 70HD USAF .45, Kimber Eclipse Custom 1911, STI/Fusion 2011 series 5 inch 1911 double stack 10mm, STI/Caspian 6 inch Long Slide Perfect 10!
HighStandard Citation Supermatch, High Standard HD 1943, Hammerilli Super Match, Dan Wesson Mod 15 .44 mag!
Still own them all, had to replace the Dan Wesson I stupidly sold, but all is well now, I have it's exact twin!

Good 'ol reliable. My first Glock and absolute "must work" go-to. Glock 19 gen 4. Been shot enough I'd go so far as to say the trigger is even smoooooooth. One of a few I could rattle off the serial number like my home address

Good 'ol reliable. My first Glock and absolute "must work" go-to. Glock 19 gen 4. Been shot enough I'd go so far as to say the trigger is even smoooooooth. One of a few I could rattle off the serial number like my home address
That's funny, G19 Gen2, serial number memorized... I think it got memorized because 1) I carried it for so long and 2) it's only 6 characters...

They came with it. It was my mother's gun mfr in 1915. I expect that she's the one who got the ivory grips for it. I do have the stock Colt Type I grips too.

Thanks. I remember the story now.
Hang around this forum for long and you will know every story to every gun.

It's a good thing.

Anyways It's almost impossible to get your hands on ivory these days.
But I will keep on looking.

My Uncles gun needs a set.

My CZ TSO
TSO and P210.JPG

Lets just keep this to pistols for now please.

My favorite I have owned and still own is my CZ 97b. I am beyond accurate with it, can shoot with both eyes open and always blow out the center. I am amazed a pistol this in expensive is so accurate out of the box. It fits my hand well, it is heavy but I'll take the weight for the accuracy.
I'm scared to try a shadow 2, my bank account cant handle a $1500-$1800 loss.

My only complaint is the lack of holster options. Been bugging Alien gear to make one for years and they have not. Took it to Blade tech and they made me one in about an hour.

My 97B was lights out accurate as well. Boring accuracy especially with some hand loads. Really really surprising. It might have been my most accurate handgun next to my SP-01.

The 97B and shadow 2 are totally different animals. Shadow 2 looks cool, but you might want to consider an SP-01 with some goodies as an alternative if you're worried about the $$$.

I can't answer your original question however. I just can't choose... I have favorites ranging from the 1860 Army to the 3rd gen Smiths.

Favorite pistol and not a d/a or s/a revolver?

GLOCK 19!

Old Lady Cate
Disclaimer: I no longer shoot handguns but I still shoot a rifle.

CZ P01. I was very happy with the CZ 75B that I had but wanted something a little smaller for carry while out in the woods. First time at the range with the P01 was instantly in love with this gun and how accurate it was for me. My buddy had the same feeling when he shot it this past weekend. He couldn't stop talking about it to the point I felt bad for his Hellcat.:s0114:

Shot a coworkers SP01 and that thing was pretty sweet too. Put 3 out of 5 shots in the bulls eye. I'm afraid to try a Shadow, might not be able to resist buying one.

Last Edited:
Well, I didn't think it was going to be possible but, I may have a new favorite! Poor Walther!:rolleyes: My new Glock 48 and I have been having a great getting acquainted period. Took her to the range yesterday and was really happy with the results. I've got a IWB holster on order and am thinking this is going to be my new carry piece.

thumbnail_IMG_0253.jpg

The one I regret not buying (trading for) was when the husband of one of my employees wanted to trade a Ruger Bearcat for a case of beer.

1972 hi power my grandpa taught me to shoot on. Every time I shoot it, I hear his slow words coaching my shooting from old memories and could almost swear he was behind me and to the right where he always was. It was his EDC from 1972 till not long before his death. (He switched to a colt mustang a couple years before he died as the cancer had weakened that short titan of a man.)

No guns have a chance to beat that for me.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews