JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another vote for the CZ-75 steel frame, hammer fired guns. Personal favorite is the CZ-75 SP-1 Tactical. Mec-Gar is an OEM for CZ-USA. I've got 8 of their 19 round magazines. Feels great in the hand, and the weight makes it a softer shooter. All steel, so you know it's on your hip; OWB carry only for me.:)

Thinking about adding the CZ-75 P-01 which is aluminum framed with a 3.75" barrel, primarily for the weight savings and smaller form factor.

So many choices!
If I could go back in time, I'd have kept my P7M13 Nickel.
CZ75B -- Brand new, the trigger take-up spring can be tiresome. Coupled with the aggressive curve of the bow trigger, you'll develop new muscles in calluses in your finger. You can swap out the trigger and spring for a lighter, straighter one.
I have the "old style" trigger that has much less bow than the recurve now used. I've shot my CZ so many times, the take-up spring is worn and extremely comfortable.
The P01 derivative is a sweet gun too.

Thank you my friends. I just ordered a new CZ-75BD.

If anyone should have a link to recommended 20-round magazines, most grateful for such information. Gracias.

For the all metal "wonder 9" criteria I'll go with the "Zed", the CZ-75. Fits well, especially for a double stack, shoots well, reliable, etc. It also shoots very balanced and controlled.

My carry pistols are all lightweight polymer and I enjoy them as well, but at the range the CZ (mine is actually a Tangfolio because CZ's couldn't be imported at the time) in comparison is like driving a Bentley when your daily driver is a Camry.

Thank you my friends. I just ordered a new CZ-75BD.
If anyone should have a link to recommended 20-round magazines, most grateful for such information. Gracias.

Congratulations! I'd call Greg Cote and find out what he has. Here's one of the high-caps he has:

CDNN has some too:

I also recommend signing up for the CZ-USA webstore website as they sometimes have good discount deals:

Wonder nine, well I like the Smith & Wesson Model 59 and the stainless steel 659. Both fit the definition of Wonder Nine (double stack magazine, double action). I've owned more than one of both. For feel, the 59 is better because it lacks the sharp edges of the 659. 59's may be had at reasonable prices. Grip might be too chubby for small hands.

I have a Colt 1911 in 9mm, like it but it's not a Wonder Nine by definition.

I also vote for the 3rd gen S&W pistols. I have had several over the years and never have found a bad one yet. They are getting harder to come by. I am not a fan of the 9mm but love 3rd gen Smiths.

I also vote for the 3rd gen S&W pistols. I have had several over the years and never have found a bad one yet. They are getting harder to come by. I am not a fan of the 9mm but love 3rd gen Smiths.

I have a few issues with those 3rd gens.
1. Mechanics and ergonomics. I do not like slide mounted safety/decocker.
2. Mechanics. I do not like mag disconnect (this feature can be removed, thankfully)
3. Ergonomics. There are sharp edges under the trigger well that bother me.
4. Disassembly, assembly. Not great, not terrible.

For me, the choices would be between these families.....

Ryan-s-Sig226-001.jpg Vigilante.jpg

I said "families" because throughout the years there have been slight changes to the basic designs. i.e. the BHP has three generations and the Sig could be a P228 or P226 (for me anyway).

Aloha, Mark

Congrats on te CZ 75, the OG of wonder 9's ( SA/DA large capacity metal framed pistols- someone say Glock earlier ?!?)

Late to this party, but I'd have gone the same way. The CZ is one of the best feeling pistols in the hand and it has a good trigger out of the box.
Strictly speaking I prefer the Browning HP, but a) largely unobtainable at a sensible price ,b) getting a decent trigger is a roll of the dice, even after you've removed the mag safety or polished the front of the mags.

my "Wonder 9's" - Note the Taurus instead of Beretta, because Taurus put the safety where it belongs....
V3Ql86.jpg
V3Q83h.jpg
V3Qgv0.jpg V3QiGD.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR