JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For reasons I unknown I find myself looking quite a bit for such an acquisition. I have had some over the years, but no pistol in that niche is presently in the collection. (The Mrs carries a Walther P99 that is close, but it is polymer-framed.)

For the sake of this discussion, the characteristics would be:

• Automatic pistol.
  • In 9x19㎜ Parabellum.
  • Metal framed.
  • Magazine capacity over 10-rounds, though more in the 15—20 range.
With those parameters in mind, what are some of your favorites, and why? Thanks!

Sometimes I think you and I are too alike...

For carry it's my CZ P01. The gun is crazy accurate, lightweight, and not very big. For fun it's the CZ TSO. This gun can make an expert marksman out of just about everyone. It's heavy, with a great trigger and the best handgun I have ever owned. I have others that I really like but these two always go to the range.

Last Edited:
1911 9mm are usually 9+1, and is close to your round count of 10...pretty close for your requirement. ;)

Unabashed self-promotion follows - my Ed Brown 1911 bobtail Commander lightweight (steel slide, alloy frame) is 9+1, and listed for sale still :)

Browning Hi Power, polished blue walnut grips, Belgium made - doesn't need a reason why other than its inherent beauty - that's a love long ago lost...

Current crush is Sig M11-A1 - why? Perfect ergonomics,, smooth as silk, great factory sights, so accurate it actually makes me look good. Sig Da/Sa pistol reputation and quality...

1911 9mm are usually 9+1, and is close to your round count of 10...pretty close for your requirement. ;)

Unabashed self-promotion follows - my Ed Brown 1911 bobtail Commander lightweight (steel slide, alloy frame) is 9+1, and listed for sale still :)
Also, the IWI Jericho steel version, with steel 15 round mags, that I had 6-7 years ago was a tac driver and under $700 bucks at the time...

Tisas has several metal (alloy) framed 9mm's that might scratch your itch. Hi-Power and CZ clones, 1911, etc.

Turkish company with impressive manufacturing systems - not unlike Canik.

GREAT price to value.

Cheers.

Wilson Combat M92 Brigadier
download.jpeg

CZ 2075 RAMI. Conceal magazine is 10, so 10+1. Accepts all CZ75B & Compact/PCR magazines. Have never handled or fired the short lived polymer slide version, carry the all steel version.

CZ75 compact/PCR. 15+1, also accepts all CZ75B magazines.

Both fit almost the same as a 75B, just smaller and short to shorter grip (RAMI).

If you can shoot a 75B well, then you will likely shoot both of those well also.

EDIT: adding, @ducrider has a 2075 RAMI listed at a pretty good price. Particularly given the market volatility.

Last Edited:
For reasons I unknown I find myself looking quite a bit for such an acquisition. I have had some over the years, but no pistol in that niche is presently in the collection. (The Mrs carries a Walther P99 that is close, but it is polymer-framed.)

For the sake of this discussion, the characteristics would be:
  • Automatic pistol.
  • In 9x19㎜ Parabellum.
  • Metal framed.
  • Magazine capacity over 10-rounds, though more in the 15—20 range.
With those parameters in mind, what are some of your favorites, and why? Thanks!
Well the Uzi fits in your parameters but the year wait and price might be a little bit of a drawback.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews