JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's your favorite or traditional Christmas dishes?

My mom has Norwegian heritage so she likes Lutefisk for Xmas. If you've ever tried it.... well, not my favorite fish.. She's 89 this year so I think I'll make her some. I always order lefse from Granrud's too.

( there ya go mjbskwim:D )

lutefisk

I'm hoping you're talking to me about the thread not that nasty terrible thing they do to a nice piece of cod.:confused:
Picled or creamy herring is for all year long for me,if I can find it fresh.
But man,my mom has been gone for a few years and pretty much not cooking for a long time before that.And I don't much do Christmas at other peoples places any more,so I forgot about a lot of these
Christmas Eve (my favorite)!
Oyster Stew /w baby Yaquinas and baby potatoes
Crab Dip /w crackers
Tiny fancy breads /w Roast Beef, Ham and Turkey sandwiches, Cheeses and Condiments
Relish Tray
Fruit Tray
Pumpkin Pie /w Chantilly Cream
This was pretty much my mom's dinner,not sure what yaquinas are though,lol.But mom's oyster stew was OK,needed something but I loved oysters so it was fine
That creamy green bean dish comes to mind.And every conceivable cookie you could think of.
My mom was a baker so any kind of traditional christmas baked good was present
This year I may have to do a prime rib for myself

I am mostly Norwegian myself but never had to undergo the Lutefisk ordeal. My Norwegian pastor once described Lutefisk as , "A cod that passeth all understanding."
LOL....I'm Norske Svenska, and Lutefisk sure is a required taste , needs lots-o-butter to get it down.............:confused:

Sweet potatoe casserole
Deviled Eggs
Honey Baked Ham
Homemade Scones and Whip
Cheesy Scalloped potatoes
Bourbon

Maybe some salad....:rolleyes:

Bubblegum now I'm hungry

I'm hoping you're talking to me about the thread not that nasty terrible thing they do to a nice piece of cod.:confused:
But man,my mom has been gone for a few years and pretty much not cooking for a long time before that.And I don't much do Christmas at other peoples places any more,so I forgot about a lot of these

This was pretty much my mom's dinner,not sure what yaquinas are though,lol.But mom's oyster stew was OK,needed something but I loved oysters so it was fine
That creamy green bean dish comes to mind.And every conceivable cookie you could think of.

Baby Yaquinas are tiny oysters from Yaquina Bay. The best!:D

Baby Yaquinas are tiny oysters from Yaquina Bay. The best!:D

Yep. Positive thread to get you back in that cheery mood:p.
I'm gonna make surf n turf this year with some prime rib too . Shrimp fettuccini, king crab, lutefisk. It would be nice to get down to Oregon Oyster farms but that's a heck of a drive . Used to pick em up there on the way home from the boat, was a real treat. Might see if I can find a jar here locally and make the scalloped oysters for ma.
My grams used to do the baking for the holidays. I remember the fattigmann she would make and home made lefsee, maybe a few others I cant remember the names. Ah, the good old days:D

Yep. Positive thread to get you back in that cheery mood:p.
I'm gonna make surf n turf this year with some prime rib too . Shrimp fettuccini, king crab, lutefisk. It would be nice to get down to Oregon Oyster farms but that's a heck of a drive . Used to pick em up there on the way home from the boat, was a real treat. Might see if I can find a jar here locally and make the scalloped oysters for ma.
My grams used to do the baking for the holidays. I remember the fattigmann she would make and home made lefsee, maybe a few others I cant remember the names. Ah, the good old days:D
I hate you all.
Me, I'll probably stir up some carbonara.. heavy on the pepper.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3AAdKl1UYZs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll take the "Candied Bacon" for food on the boat, with the herring for sturgeon bait!

Nah, I do like some pickled herring from time to time. It's a little difficult to get the taste out of your mouth is all.

Growing up and until I moved out at 20, there was really never Christmas dinner. Mom and Dad allways worked 9-5 and even longer on Christmas Eve. Our big gig was Christmas breakfast, where we got TWO kinds of meat with our eggs and potatoes. And of course bloody marry's and/or red beer. I still do that for the two of us.

I hate you all.
Me, I'll probably stir up some carbonara.. heavy on the pepper.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3AAdKl1UYZs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh man! I love Carbonara! Especially leftovers for breakfast the next morning!

I'll take the "Candied Bacon" for food on the boat, with the herring for sturgeon bait!

Nah, I do like some pickled herring from time to time. It's a little difficult to get the taste out of your mouth is all.

Growing up and until I moved out at 20, there was really never Christmas dinner. Mom and Dad allways worked 9-5 and even longer on Christmas Eve. Our big gig was Christmas breakfast, where we got TWO kinds of meat with our eggs and potatoes. And of course bloody marry's and/or red beer. I still do that for the two of us.

I'm not a huge fan of pickled herring, best way to deal with the aftertaste is to keep eating it!:p

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top