JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
(In response, with respect)

This picture sure doesn't make it seem like it's legitimate. As for the "proof", it's starting to feel like gas lighting. People have a real sense that something is amiss, A natural instinct, that feeling when things just don't add up. 114 feels that way, not just because I don't like it, but it never made sense from the jump. Beyond the fact that they had no actual system in place.. just how on earth did buffoons create something and get it passed in such a hurry despite nearly the entire state voting against it? How did those small counties despite their "large" population outvote the rest of the state? Even Washington county and its massive pro gun community getting outvoted didn't make sense. The amount of folks in this county that voted against 114 is staggering.. I think many ballots were tossed due to signatures and I think there were fraudulent votes.. short of millions of dollars and time for a recount my suspicions will never be proven. But it doesn't feel right.

In time, hopefully there will be a lot that gets uncovered.. we'll see a bunch of what has currently gone on in Oregon and the US come to light.. OR we'll continue to plunge further and further into chaos.. which is where this ship seems to be headed.

View attachment 1416474
YUP!
Somethings to think about:
Under Shema, 114 got on the ballot, despite VERY clearly violating Oregon's constitution AND, violating the single issue Ballot Process, THAT smells awful fishy, AND, it's not the first time this has happened under a Sec-State here, Think the previous iterations of I.P. 113, as well as I.P.17 and I.P. 18!
She interfered with the IRS investigation of LEVO several times!
That she Rubber stamps other issues that clearly violate State laws, and forwards them to the elections office as legit!
That she was "Consulting" with outside business's she had direct oversight of, which we all know was a kick-back scheme and a pay-to-play scam!
That she had Conflicting business dealings with her "State" Job, and it was well known!
That she brought/participated in an investigation of the OLCC which ultimately uncovered a serious corruption circle of bribes, kickbacks, and other scams which she was direct beneficiary of, including theft of high end booze that is normally NOT sold in this state!

Incredibly bad form: 1) How the farkle did she think her consulting gig was not an inherent conflict of interest and 2) how could she be so stupid to think that no one would find out or care.

Other observations on posts:
1. Ya'll can cap on Lawyers all you want, but I bet lawyers are the only job one can have where getting caught lying can make you lose your ability to do that job.
2. The SoS salary is $77,000 a year (salary means per year) which surprised me. I don't care what political party you like, the person in charge of elections--in addition to other duties-- for an entire state should get paid at least 2x that.
3. Did anyone file a court action to stop 114 getting put on the ballot? I seem to recall that but can't find reference with a google search. If so and a court said OK, then no sense in attacking it that way.
True, and I do want that nonsense to stop as well. But I think it'll just keep happening with the firearms and capacities we are still allowed to have.
I'm shocked no one has used a shotgun as that would cause more havoc in close quarters anyway. 9 pellets in buckshot with 5+1 rounds is still 45 potential rounds down range, exceeding the 30rnd single shot capacity. Sadly, I'm sure shotguns would be the very next tool used in a mass event if modern sporting rifles and their mags were banned.

I simply wish we'd better secure our schools and have no less than 2 armed cops on each school property during school hours. We pay more and more in taxes each voting cycle for it.. so why not make that a thing?
That's the one approach those hell bent on limiting 2A access refuse to take.
I see more and more increasing law enforcement payroll to justify "new additions" to the force.. but that new force is admin or moto cops ticketing people ginning up money for the county.. rarely night patrol in gang/high crime areas or cops positioned at schools.
People forget that before the Pulse nightclub shooting and the Las Vegas thing, the deadliest random mass shooting in America was perpetrated by a twisted guy with a Glock 19 and a Walther 22. So mass shootings are still gonna happen without AR's and with 10 round magazines.

Honestly I don't want armed cops in schools...and I have a kid in school. I realize what I want is limited to populated areas, but I want the police to show up quickly when they're called, I want the school to lock the damn doors and I want people who know someone acting nutty and suicidal to get their firearms away from them.

1. Ya'll can cap on Lawyers all you want, but I bet lawyers are the only job one can have where getting caught lying can make you lose your ability to do that job.
Mostly agree with your post, but anybody who needs more than a minimal security clearance can have their career ended with a lie. I would expect the same for those with fiduciary responsibilities. Naturally, the severity and subject of the lie matters. Nobody expects a truthful answer to "does this dress make my butt look big?".

A lawyer who is $150k in debit would normally use that law degree to get out of debit, especially one who is the single breadwinner for a pair of kids. Realistically, one would only take a $77k/year job under those circumstances if she had plans to make more money.
Not if she IS a bubblegumty lawyer?

Mostly agree with your post, but anybody who needs more than a minimal security clearance can have their career ended with a lie. I would expect the same for those with fiduciary responsibilities. Naturally, the severity and subject of the lie matters. Nobody expects a truthful answer to "does this dress make my butt look big?".
Add engineers, doctors, nurses, architects and accountants. Basically the degrees that my kids will have to choose from if they want college money from me.

Most anyone who deals in trust can be fired for lying. Sometimes the insurance company decides this for the employer.

I had a corporate job where you could be fired for merely being at the wrong place at the wrong time. They did not want bad press, or any press they did not carefully control.

Elected officials are held to a higher standard. Can't make work it on 77k? Sublimate your principles and go find a job that can provide for your family.

Elected officials are held to a higher standard. Can't make work it on 77k? Sublimate your principles and go find a job that can provide for your family.
Actually, lawyers have a really low starting salary. That might have been higher than what she was offered in the private sector. Then she used her job to gain a contracting gig.

I had an armed "resource" officer in my high school. We all thought it was pretty cool. Super nice dude, very personable etc. i actually got pulled over by him a few years after high school for a seatbelt violation and he remembered me. Had a nice chat, still gave me a ticket and that was that.

I don't understand why people are terrified of cops. If you're good to them they're good to you. (Azzhats in every profession disclaimer)

Parents teaching kids to fear or "watch out" for cops is dumb

I don't understand why people are terrified of cops. If you're good to them they're good to you. (Azzhats in every profession disclaimer)
I don't either. Biden recently said something about "turning our schools into prisons" (or something like that). When I'm at the airport, I don't feel like I'm in a prison. There are ways to do this. That whole mom-school industrial complex just refuses to budge.

2. The SoS salary is $77,000 a year (salary means per year) which surprised me. I don't care what political party you like, the person in charge of elections--in addition to other duties-- for an entire state should get paid at least 2x that.
3. Did anyone file a court action to stop 114 getting put on the ballot? I seem to recall that but can't find reference with a google search. If so and a court said OK, then no sense in attacking it that way.
And it's odd that the person to fill in for her has a salary of almost $200K

Also thought I saw last year, the Oregon Supreme Court's denial of a petition to review the 114 title/ballot summary issue.

LOL.....
I guess you've never been accused of being a "Chubby Chaser"?

1683242507663.png

Aloha, Mark

LOL.....
I guess you've never been accused of being a "Chubby Chaser"?

Aloha, Mark
I think it greatly depends on the demographics of who people are attracted to... 🤔 and on topic; eh. 77k/ year isn't big nor small, it's average, and being a State official should not mean bigger pay than the equivalent job in the private sector or whatever that is... after all, American public officials are considered to be "public servants" not the other way around of "public lords/fiefs" ruling over the peons and laypeople.

American public officials are considered to be "public servants"
Reminds me of a government regulatory guy that was inspecting the private company I worked for. Our Chief Operating Officer made the mistake of pointing that fact out to the government guy. He just gave the COO an icy stare. Later, he told me: "Oh, I'll serve him alright. But I'll serve him what I WANT to serve him." Made my blood run cold. I pulled the COO aside and requested that he refrain from making such comments to the regulators in the future.

I had an armed "resource" officer in my high school. We all thought it was pretty cool. Super nice dude, very personable etc. i actually got pulled over by him a few years after high school for a seatbelt violation and he remembered me. Had a nice chat, still gave me a ticket and that was that.

Parents teaching kids to fear or "watch out" for cops is dumb
https://www.oregoncapitalinsider.co...cle_507d9932-e947-11ed-a862-0b14dd7adb29.html

I found this trying opinion piece to find new of any litigation regarding 114 prior to it being put on the ballot...almost all search results provide information about the law prior to the elections and the litigation since the election, but nothing about opposition to putting it on the ballot. This piece tells me that running for statewide office in Oregon is financially foolish for anyone qualified if you broke the salaries down to a likely hourly basis. Whether you like her or not, I bet Kotek does 70 hours a week for work if you also count the social engagements the job requires outside of office time--I'm an introvert, I'd hate that and it would be work--which is like $27.00 an hour. $27.00 an hour isn't terrible if you're not running a state and being actively hated by 45% of the population.

There are 81 schools in PPS and between Multnomah, Washington County and Clackamas County I'd bet there are probably 200+ schools. If the metro area can afford to hire more 400 police to work the equivalent of a school day I think those resources would be more effective at eliminating the kind of crimes that are more likely to impact our children by being on the street and stopping crime that's actually happening. As horriffic as they are, school shootings are comparatively rare in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not going to teach my kid that she should fear police, but I don't have to becasue she's a cute white girl. For some parents it's not dumb at all. I've never been afraid of police, but when police encounter me in a situation, even as a young man, in addition to assessing my likelihood of criminality based on appearance--probably pretty low--and whether I'm a likely threat--up till 30 I was tall but really skinny, so not much threat--I believe law enforcement also sees the possibility of negative consequences if they accidentally exercise unnecessary power/force over someone who looks like me. The last time I was searched as an adult I was 18 and found by campus police after sneaking into my buddy's dorm room that happened to be on the ground floor of the dorm of an all girls college (his neighboring University leased the first floor for it's students). I clearly deserved to be searched at the time, given the skunky smell of my buddy's dorm room, his absence from said room and my unauthorized presence with the students of that girls' college.

On a the subject of honesty regarding big butts, I'd argue that at the moment it's not really clear what the right answer to the question of "does this make my butt look big" is. These days a "no" might be as bad as a "yes" depending on the age of the person asking.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top