JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting responses.

Question for you guys, why does corporate/company policy take priority over your rights?

-Robert
This is a fair question. In my view it is property rights (in this case your employer's property) vs. your 2A rights which shall not be infringed. I believe someone else's property rights trump your constitutional rights when you voluntarily enter their property -- whether a commercial space like a shopping mall or a professional office building, a restaurant, a place of worship, or a private home. The context of the property is irrelevant. Remember, the Constitution restrains only the state, not the citizen. And this is the very mechanism that protects the property owner's (or lessee) right to determine what occurs on their property. This applies to all your constitutional rights, not just 2A.

Does that mean you heard that part in the story?

Story I listened to indicated that all his buds at work knew about his hidden gun & their talking about it got him caught-- If ya actually know something, then spill it
You didn't listen very carefully if you dispute the fact that he had an unsecured firearm in his workspace. Which you did. Draw your own conclusions.

Surprise :s0124:

You seem a bit critical for someone who didn't bother listening to the 20 minute vid
Now you're not even addressing your own point.

This is the position you failed to defend:

NWFF1.jpg

Would love to hear your rational defense to my rebuttal. Thank you.

This is a fair question. In my view it is property rights (in this case your employer's property) vs. your 2A rights which shall not be infringed. I believe someone else's property rights trump your constitutional rights when you voluntarily enter their property -- whether a commercial space like a shopping mall or a professional office building, a restaurant, a place of worship, or a private home. The context of the property is irrelevant. Remember, the Constitution restrains only the state, not the citizen. And this is the very mechanism that protects the property owner's (or lessee) right to determine what occurs on their property. This applies to all your constitutional rights, not just 2A.
Hmm... I see your point of view. Respecting other's rules in their "home".

My follow up question to this is, what do you think of "gun free zones"? Useful, necessary, otherwise?

My castle, my potato!
I have a potato gun... is that allowed?

-Robert

Hmm... I see your point of view. Respecting other's rules in their "home".
I don't see any rational alternative. Home or other property -- I pay the bills, it's mine, I make the rules. Private property is a fundamental concept of Western culture.

My follow up question to this is, what do you think of "gun free zones"? Useful, necessary, otherwise?
Not sure I see the relevance to my position, but you'll have to clarify: Are we talking GFZ on public or private property? A school? A courthouse? A movie theater? A commercial aircraft? Happy to proffer my opinion, but let's agree on some definitions first. Thank you.

I don't see any rational alternative. Home or other property -- I pay the bills, it's mine, I make the rules. Private property is a fundamental concept of Western culture.
Now if some folks only realized that applies to Facebook, etc. Instead of calling it censorship, call it custom filtering. :)

Welcome to living in a FREE country. You're not in contract to work for someone who doesn't endorse your ideals or morals. Don't like the company policy than quit and find another job. Or obey the policy. Or disobey the policy and run the chance of getting caught and eventually terminated. It's really that simple. I have the right to free speech just as much as I have the right to carry a firearm. But if I tell my boss to eat a d!ck I'll probably loose my job just as fast in not faster than I will carrying a gun. Lucky for me my boss is all about the right to carry and actively supports me doing such. It's called personal responsibility and ownership of your actions. Something this country is quickly loosing sight of.

Your playground taunts are more evidence that you are proffering a fallacy in the absence of all the facts. Please review the forum rules, specifically the section that says "be excellent to each other." We can disagree without being disagreeable.
Really, do you always quote folks in here 4 times in 12 minutes?

Seems like ya got a burr in your bonnet

Guess what happens to sheep dogs that kill the sheep in real life

Now you're not even addressing your own point.

This is the position you failed to defend:

View attachment 983517

Would love to hear your rational defense to my rebuttal. Thank you.
I bring my weapon with me wherever I go, except the very seldom times I'm working in a school. The Second Amendment grants that right & if you don't like it maybe a 'no guns' sign outside your residence/biz could help

Really, do you always quote folks in here 4 times in 12 minutes?

Seems like ya got a burr in your bonnet

Guess what happens to sheep dogs that kill the sheep in real life

Fallacy. Argumentum ad hominem. I am not the topic here. Noted you failed to defend your facile position. All the deflection in the world will not change that fact.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top