JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the idea to limit light pollution is the driving idea for all this expansion of EV and increase high density living.

Look at how little light pollution North Korea makes! Just imagine how beautiful the night sky is there...

</Sarcasm>
Not to mention obesity isn't a thing in North Korea. There's literally only ONE fat guy in the entire country…..

Forget about damming rivers for water storage and electricity. Or turning turbines by tide flowing in and out of bays. There's fish and frogs and such that would be affected.
Raises for public servants is the answer.

My new rig...
d3264a35baad965d3fed6f8fbfbdc8e5.gif

I was reading up about Bonneville dam and the way it's utilized and it's history. It's a non profit entity, yet sells its power to utility companies who get to charge what they want and are FOR profit companies there on lies the problem when they sell it back to the public

I was reading up about Bonneville dam and the way it's utilized and it's history. It's a non profit entity, yet sells its power to utility companies who get to charge what they want and are FOR profit companies there on lies the problem when they sell it back to the public
Just out of curiosity, is PacifiCorp, PGE, etc selling it too high when we have one of the lowest rates in the nation?

Last Edited:
Just wait for the multi-national forces that will be deployed here to 'keep the peace'.
Sometimes a plan takes longer to be implemented; for example:

Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will pledge with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by their world government."

– Henry Kissinger in an address to the Bilderberger meeting at Evian, France, May 21, 1992. (in an address to the Bilderberger organization meeting at Evian, France, on May 21, 1991. As transcribed from a tape recording made by one of the Swiss delegates. )" — Henry Kissinger

Ref:

We haven't seen anything yet.
Cali is toast this year.

That "We" may include PNW folks as well.

A significant amount of hydroelectric power generated in the Northwest is consumed by California customers. In the late 1960s, BPA constructed two 500-kilovolt transmission lines capable of carrying power from the Pacific Northwest to the Los Angeles area. The Pacific Northwest-Southwest intertie was completed in 1971, giving Los Angeles consumers access to hydroelectric power originating from the Pacific Northwest.

Ref:

That "We" may include PNW folks as well.

A significant amount of hydroelectric power generated in the Northwest is consumed by California customers. In the late 1960s, BPA constructed two 500-kilovolt transmission lines capable of carrying power from the Pacific Northwest to the Los Angeles area. The Pacific Northwest-Southwest intertie was completed in 1971, giving Los Angeles consumers access to hydroelectric power originating from the Pacific Northwest.

Ref:
I would support an enviro-nuts lawsuit to terminate those lines at the border.

Better be a positive update the way they are releasing water out of them. The Santiam looks like it's at flood stage the last couple days.
We had some gully washers lately. When I came home from Tigard Friday a lot of the roads on the mountain had debris strewn across them from the ditches and driveways being washed out.

Bear in mind that mountains get twice as much precip as the valleys, and most of that washes downhill into the valleys.

The dams are probably releasing water because they are at capacity. This is a good thing - mostly - compared to not having enough water going into the summer. Also, they have to make room for snow melt.

Q: If California wanted more electricity to close their gaps, is there anything in the contract with some Northwest electrical-generation facilities that might prioritize shipping California the electricity and causing rolling blackouts in the Northwest?

Q: If California wanted more electricity to close their gaps, is there anything in the contract with some Northwest electrical-generation facilities that might prioritize shipping California the electricity and causing rolling blackouts in the Northwest?
The ultra high voltage lines can only transmit so much power down to California. They are capped by the wire size. Also, in the summertime, they are further limited by ambient air temperature for conductor heating (power transmission), conductor sag, and the air dryness. Dryer air will cause the corona effect to increase. Corona is not only a beer, but also when electricity transmits via the outer skin of the conducted rather than inside is the conductor. Higher corona can cause arcing. PacifiCorp is in the process of wildfire mitigation on their lines.

Welp, with how the Wet Coast manages it's forests, it's power infrastructure, and everything else, were all phucked! This years Fire Season looks to be another really bad one, not enough snow pack, not enough rain's in the mountains, and of course, Gov'ness Brownstain hasn't lifted a pinky finger to direct the forestry dept. to get off their azzes and go clear the brush and power lines, so were sure to get another really good conflagration! Both OryGun and Cali came close to setting the all time records of largest Fires in Human history ( For each State) I think Cali might have actually broken their record, while Orygun was super close, NOT something to be proud of! Take a drive down I-5 and see all the burn scars, from Grants Pass all the way to Shasta/Trinity! Same with Highway 20/22 and Highway 43 and 58 around Lakeview!

For you Warbubblegumogians, Did the BPA ever get permission to run new power lines around Lake Merwin, Yale, Swift? I know there was a big fight raging about all that, and BPA was trying to force right of way/imminent domain in areas they didn't need to run lines, but wanted to save a few bucks! I didn't think Merwin, Yale, Swift, generated enough power to matter, I think Swift only has two turbines, and it's by far the largest of the three!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top