JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
How can we elect a jack-*** who claims our state in "ungovernable" and has already had eight years of screw-ups. I love to think we have a chance to change here in Oregon, but this kind of dashes that hope...

Public Employee unions. I could write a book on this but the short version is that they are told how to vote. No thought goes into it. I'm married to a union member and was so disgusted with the reasons for voting Kitzhaber I had to take a walk last night. They are fed a line of crap and most of them don't seem to give it a second thought.

When your paycheck comes from a tax and spender of course you are going to keep putting them back in office. These unions need to go away for the good of the state.

Public Employee unions. I could write a book on this but the short version is that they are told how to vote. No thought goes into it. I'm married to a union member and was so disgusted with the reasons for voting Kitzhaber I had to take a walk last night. They are fed a line of crap and most of them don't seem to give it a second thought.

When your paycheck comes from a tax and spender of course you are going to keep putting them back in office. These unions need to go away for the good of the state.

I have a bit of a hard time believing this. I've been in a couple unions and was never told I had to vote for a certain someone?

Maybe some unions do though, who knows. :confused:

Maybe we can convince our legislators to pass a CCW list privacy act now......
Kitzhaber will veto it.

I don't know if unions tell members how to vote but they sure give a lot of money to the democrat candidates. Your union dues at work, regardless of your political affiliation.
CHRIS DUDLEY

Cash on hand: $925,241

Top contributors: Republican Governors Association ($2,253,135), Stimson Lumber Co. ($385,000) the Oregon Republican Party ($210,739), Austin Industries in Newberg ($200,000); Nike chairman Phil Knight ($200,000)

JOHN KITZHABER

Cash on hand: $1.5 million

Top contributors: Democratic Governors Association ($570,087), the “Who is Chris Dudley Committee” comprised of the Oregon Education Association and the Service Employees International Union ( $250,000), Doctors for Healthy Communities ($150,000), Douglas County Physicians PAC ($150,000)

I have a bit of a hard time believing this. I've been in a couple unions and was never told I had to vote for a certain someone?

I guess I should clarify. I only have first hand knowledge of the teachers unions. I get regular mailings from them for who they "endorse". There isn't a vote for or else statement but whoever the union endorses seems to be how they vote. Certainly not all of them but if there was ever a group of sheeple........I think most of them are the greatest people on earth but when it comes to politics and understanding how the real world works they don't have a clue and don't seem to care. Just check the box with the "D" and move on.:(

If all you taxpayers were paying my salary I'd probably be voting for the guy who would keep the good times rolling for me too.

Perhaps we could convince Idaho to take Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington into the fold. Let the Left Coast fall into the sea!

We just need to give Portland to Washington, then Oregon will be okay.

I here by declare that Portland and it's citizens are no longer Oregonians..... Washington, congratulations on your new taxable citizens.

theorren, I second that motion:s0155:. Oregon would be easily the best state in the nation if Portland became property of Washington. Then Southern Oregon can absorb Northern CAlifornia bring back the state of Jefferson.

I have to say that all the name calling and slurs about voters who don't vote the way you would like shows your immaturity. Many if not most of you seem to think that your opinion or candidate is the only correct one and anyone who disagrees is an idiot. It's no wonder that this nation is so divided. :huh:

riv-rat, thats what makes America great, werent not totally homogenized and politically correct like some. It would be a pretty boring world if we all thought alike and were boringly civil:s0129:. Life is Passion. Maybe its the rainy weather and clouds that make people west of the cascades the way they are:winkkiss:. Depressed, God-less, idealistic, self indulgent of food, materialism, drugs and alcohol etc.:D. I know cuz I use to live in Beaverton, OR and Fort Lewis, WA and while I was there the lifestyle rubbed off on me too.:(

riv-rat, thats what makes America great, werent not totally homogenized and politically correct like some. It would be a pretty boring world if we all thought alike and were boringly civil:s0129:. Life is Passion. Maybe its the rainy weather and clouds that make people west of the cascades the way they are:winkkiss:. Depressed, God-less, idealistic, self indulgent of food, materialism, drugs and alcohol etc.:D. I know cuz I use to live in Beaverton, OR and Fort Lewis, WA and while I was there the lifestyle rubbed off on me too.:(

I'm neither depressed, God-less, idealistic, self indulgent of food , drugs, and alcohol (I don't use either of the last two) or anything else. I AM a person who loves my country, a supporter of all the amendments to the Constitution, believes in God, worked hard all my life and was raised to be civil to others, even if I don't like them or their politics! The civility part, my friend, is sadly missing in many aspects of our lives today. It has nothing to do with being homogenized or boredom.

A person can disagree with the politics or the beliefs of others WITHOUT calling them names like libertard, democrap, un-American, idiot, etc. When a person resorts to that kind of name calling, it shows a lack of understanding about humanity and a lack of maturity. :)

Then you were not a member of AFSCME. They tell you EXACTLY who to vote for and how to vote on measures. Quite a machine, really.

I moved to Kentucky a few months back from Vancouver, WA and we faired pretty good through the elections. We got Rand Paul (R), Jim Grey (R), although it looks like we got stuck with Chandler (D) again instead of Andy Barr (R), So we made progress.

I would love it if they repealed the Health Care reform.

I moved to Kentucky a few months back from Vancouver, WA and we faired pretty good through the elections. We got Rand Paul (R), Jim Grey (R), although it looks like we got stuck with Chandler (D) again instead of Andy Barr (R), So we made progress.

I would love it if they repealed the Health Care reform.

Everyone should take a little time and learn how our system of government works. The healthcare bill cannot and will not be repealed, given the current make-up of the House, Senate, and the President's veto power.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads