JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Originally Posted by pdxjohann
Double Tap, your quotes show $4+ million for Dudley and $2.6 million for Kitzhaber. Why did Dudley get so much? Where did the dough come from?
Sounds like mainly business owners and individual donors aside from the Republican fund. The story is here:
My point was Kitzhaber's biggest contributors appear to be unions.
I guess we'll find out again how "ungovernable" this state is and look forward to the government taking more of the money we earn.

I had one union job when I was 19. As a janitor in a city/county convention center. I did not pass my 30 day probation. I swept and mopped a hall in one hour. I was told this was supposed to be an all day job. I was fired for working too hard. Guess I made the lazy old farts look bad. I have been anti union ever since. And I have voted Republican ever since.

Watch how fast your postal workers work. Then watch how fast UPS or Fed Ex workers work. No wonder private industry can deliver your shipment cheaper and faster.

We don't need bigger government, we need to privatize it.

I never have nor will I work union. I have in fact turned down jobs that would have paid almost double what my current wage was. I left one job when the union was "voted" in.

Unions need to go!

It's amazing how rampant paranoia runs here! :s0114:

And I have to believe that if they don't want Portland, Portland is perfectly willing to keep its tax revenue and not share it. All those "timber towns"... wouldnt do so well.

Before all of you folks outside Portland (or the coast) want to get rid of us, find out exactly how much we subsidize your infrastructure.

I had one union job when I was 19. As a janitor in a city/county convention center. I did not pass my 30 day probation. I swept and mopped a hall in one hour. I was told this was supposed to be an all day job. I was fired for working too hard. Guess I made the lazy old farts look bad. I have been anti union ever since. And I have voted Republican ever since.

Watch how fast your postal workers work. Then watch how fast UPS or Fed Ex workers work. No wonder private industry can deliver your shipment cheaper and faster.

We don't need bigger government, we need to privatize it.

Yeah, let's privatize the government. I know, we could call it Mussolini-Land instead of the USA (uh, who was Mussolini?).

A person can disagree with the politics or the beliefs of others WITHOUT calling them names like libertard, democrap, un-American, idiot, etc. When a person resorts to that kind of name calling, it shows a lack of understanding about humanity and a lack of maturity.

Actually, I would argue it shows a growing frustration with people who seem to vote based on a party line, rather than voting for people who choose to uphold the constitution. I consider myself fairly mature, as well as having a fairly good understanding of humanity, at least as much as anyone actually can. I can't help but feel that the people that others here have been referring to as libtards and democraps in Multnomah county are simply voting for Dr. No because he falls in a particular political party, rather than because he would be the best Oregon candidate to protect ALL the rights guaranteed to us as not only Oregon, but US citizens...

Actually, I would argue it shows a growing frustration with people who seem to vote based on a party line, rather than voting for people who choose to uphold the constitution. I consider myself fairly mature, as well as having a fairly good understanding of humanity, at least as much as anyone actually can. I can't help but feel that the people that others here have been referring to as libtards and democraps in Multnomah county are simply voting for Dr. No because he falls in a particular political party, rather than because he would be the best Oregon candidate to protect ALL the rights guaranteed to us as not only Oregon, but US citizens...

When your favorites win it is by the mandate and will of wise informed voters, but when you lose it is by the will of brain dead drones, and the best part of this joke is you actually can't even see the hypocrisy in this! Of course, I've held for quite some time that if you could somehow manage to push through this amazing perceptual defect you wouldn't hold yourselves, and your goofy opinions, in such high regard.

When your favorites win it is by the mandate and will of wise informed voters, but when you lose it is by the will of brain dead drones, and the best part of this joke is you actually can't even see the hypocrisy in this! Of course, I've held for quite some time that if you could somehow manage to push through this amazing perceptual defect you wouldn't hold yourselves, and your goofy opinions, in such high regard.

Actually, no. If anyone wins, it is by the will of the majority of the people in the state. I suppose everyone thinks they are voting for the candidate who will do the best by them. I don't believe that everyone who voted for the other candidate is an idiot or brain dead. On occasion, however, I do wonder why they vote for a candidate who left office saying we were ungovernable and then stood by his comment.

There is no hypocrisy. I vote. Therefore, I have the right to complain about the political positions of those that have been voted into office. I am not one of the masses who claim "he's not my governor/president." He is the idividual voted to govern us for the next four years. But it is not only my right, but my obligation to question his decisions at all times to make sure he is doing his job. And I would argue that this individual (Kitzhaber) has a track record of ignoring the will of the people (hence the nickname Dr. No, even stereotypes are generally based in fact) by vetoing bills passed by the other elected representatives of the people...

HO-LY CRUD... Break out the fly strips, and insecticide... buggy's BACK!! :D

How can we elect a jack-*** who claims our state in "ungovernable" and has already had eight years of screw-ups. I love to think we have a chance to change here in Oregon, but this kind of dashes that hope...

Oh and we're not much better in that Kitzhaber won by carrying six or seven counties and only landsliding in one or two (Multnomah and Lane)...

You'll find that happening a lot more, why, because oregon is/has been kalafornicated.

You'll find that happening a lot more, why, because oregon is/has been kalafornicated.

That could be true, as I'd wager a lot of Californians who may have voted for Kitslobber, may not have been around when he was governor... but then again it might not have mattered anyway since current Kaliforians voted Brown back into office. :nuts:

And there you have the definition of Fascism...

Fascism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Nope do not see that in the definition.----
often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control <early instances of army fascism and brutality — J. W. Aldridge>
— fas·cist noun or adjective often capitalized
— fas·cis·tic adjective often capitalized
— fas·cis·ti·cal·ly adverb often capitalized
Examples of FASCISM
the rise of Fascism in Europe before World War II
From the first hours of Hitler's invasion of the Soviet Union, the propagandists on both sides of the conflict portrayed the struggle in stark, Manichaean language. The totalitarian nature of both regimes made this inevitable. On one side stood Hitler, fascism, the myth of German supremacy; on the other side stood Stalin, communism, and the international proletarian revolution. —Anne Applebaum, New York Review of Books, 25 October 2007
[+]more
Origin of FASCISM
Italian fascismo, from fascio bundle, fasces, group, from Latin fascis bundle & fasces fasces

DO I have the wrong word?

Obama has done wonders for this nation. Until he came along the politics were just back and forth which allowed progressives to infiltrate and move their agenda which is the destruction of our constitution and our government as we know it. Obama has opened the eyes of the public not just to the lefts hatred of America but their willingness to destroy America.

His out in the open approach sure set them back a bit, but they won't quit. I like it out in the open where people know what they are up against. People who are not stuck on stupid will vote against these progressive, the rest live on the coasts:D:D

jj

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews