JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking at a few flashlights to ask Santa for... Been looking at the:
Fenix PD35
Olight S30R II
Eagle Tac DX30LC-R

Anything else out there that I should look at that compares to these. I am looking to fit this criteria:

1. EDC (preferable able to cary in pocket, not just a holster).
2. Rechargable (Preferable to charge in the light, not replacing batteries)
3. Max output be 800 lumens +.
4. Not to many modes. I can only remember so much.
5. And of the ones I am finding, seems to be the hardest thing to get is one that will tail-stand. Can do without this, but would prefer to not to.

Thank you Joe. I did see that thread.

As of now I am considering the fenix p35 tac. I also am considering replacing my LED Lenser P5r.2 (replacing because the one I currently own is somewhere buried in 26 inches of insulation in my attic). Or getting the LED Lenser F1r.

I have been a fan of LED Lenser for a while, but sometimes I think that maybe that is what I like because I don't know any different. I have not had something like a fenix, olight, klarus, or 4sevens light. So those are kind of what I have been looking at.

Been there with the lost tools in the attic:mad:

I use a $15 led mini-mag AAA light...

I also look at the enormous amount of variety and cost differences and get discouraged.

Personally, I'm going to wait until I see one I like on sale or go fondle a bunch and then search for the best deal I can find for one I like.

I have to loose or break my mag light fisrt though.:D

Thank you for the suggestions. After more research (there are SO Many manufactures of flashlights), I found nitecore. One cool thing about them is most of their lights tailstand, and even though I didn't want a bunch of modes, theirs seem t be pretty easy to change and memorize.

As of now I think I am going to go with the nitecore mh20. It is the smallest flashlight to run on an 18650 battery (rechargeable). It also can run on two CR123 batteries. This thing appears awesome. And you don't need a separate charger as it will charge in the actual light with a standard micro-USB. Max of 1000 lumens out of a light that is just over 4 inches long, and just over 3 ounces.
Once I get the ca$h saved up and use it for a while I will let y'all know my thoughts.

I am looking for a mini waterproof flashlight (i.e., takes single or double AA/AAA and equivalent LIon rechargeable) that has 3 to 4 modes, less than one lumen on up, with a LONG runtime for the lowest mode. It should have a reversible clip so I can clip it to my hat. The lens bezel should be castellated and it should stand on either end - i do not want the button to accidentally activate.

I have one that approaches that, but I don't think it is waterproof and I know it doesn't run for more than 3 to 4 hours on the single AAA battery and it won't take LIon batteries.

Oh, and preferably it would have a zoom focus - I have a several flashlights with that feature and it is nice.

I am looking for a mini waterproof flashlight (i.e., takes single or double AA/AAA and equivalent LIon rechargeable) that has 3 to 4 modes, less than one lumen on up, with a LONG runtime for the lowest mode. It should have a reversible clip so I can clip it to my hat. The lens bezel should be castellated and it should stand on either end - i do not want the button to accidentally activate.

I have one that approaches that, but I don't think it is waterproof and I know it doesn't run for more than 3 to 4 hours on the single AAA battery and it won't take LIon batteries.

Oh, and preferably it would have a zoom focus - I have a several flashlights with that feature and it is nice.

I like all of those things, but am trying to get away from the AA and/or AAA batteries and go to rechargeable (preferably 18650). Check out LED Lenser (if you haven't). Their focus-able beams are second to NONE. Seems like they would fit your criteria pretty well. And what you do mean by waterproof? That nitecore mh20 claims 2 meter submersible. The mh20 has a reversible clip for a hat bill.

Let us know if you find what you are looking for. I would love to know.

I have stumbled across some flashlights that claim to be able to use AA/AAA or Lion batteries, although I am not sure if they mean rechargeables.

I want the option of going to an AA/AAA because if I have to then I can usually find one that is available and I won't have to wait for the battery to charge.

By waterproof, I mean it won't stop working if I drop it in a bucket of water or it gets rained on. I don't need it to be a diving light, just for it to work in a few feet of water in the worst scenario.

I looked at the Nitecore MH27 and I like that. Kind of expensive though but I suppose you get what you pay for. I have been looking for a weapon light. I had a Streamlight once and its switch failed. I have thought about a Surefire but their weapon lights are almost as expensive as the weapon - when I get a DT MDR then I might get the Surefire light/laser combo, although I am not too hot on lasers (it would probably be better for my shotgun).

I have stumbled across some flashlights that claim to be able to use AA/AAA or Lion batteries, although I am not sure if they mean rechargeables.

I want the option of going to an AA/AAA because if I have to then I can usually find one that is available and I won't have to wait for the battery to charge.

By waterproof, I mean it won't stop working if I drop it in a bucket of water or it gets rained on. I don't need it to be a diving light, just for it to work in a few feet of water in the worst scenario.

I looked at the Nitecore MH27 and I like that. Kind of expensive though but I suppose you get what you pay for. I have been looking for a weapon light. I had a Streamlight once and its switch failed. I have thought about a Surefire but their weapon lights are almost as expensive as the weapon - when I get a DT MDR then I might get the Surefire light/laser combo, although I am not too hot on lasers (it would probably be better for my shotgun).

I like the MH27 also. It would be great if I used one enough to justify a light holster. There are no written reviews or youtube videos, that i have found yet, on the MH27. I suppose because it is such a new product.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top