JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Patted him down? First off I'd never do something so stupid as to tug on someone's gun belt just for the fact that I don't make a point of touching other people, but I certainly wouldn't let the owner pat me down, I would simply leave the store if I was asked to do so.
The owner was trying to decide if it was a call the cops on an attempted robbery situation or just some dumb kid doing dumb things. The kid had two 1911's, a HI-Power and a 870 pointed at him, he wasn't asked to leave until things had been cleared up

The owner was trying to decide if it was a call the cops on an attempted robbery situation or just some dumb kid doing dumb things. The kid had two 1911's, a HI-Power and a 870 pointed at him, he wasn't asked to leave until things had been cleared up
You guys really thought it was a possible robbery vs the much more obvious dumb kid doing dumb thing?

Seems a bit of overkill to have even pointed 1 gun at him let allow everyone in the store ready to make Swiss cheese of a dumb customer with inappropriate social skills. 😆 but bet he won't try grabbing at anyone's gun again.

You guys really thought it was a possible robbery vs the much more obvious dumb kid doing dumb thing?

Seems a bit of overkill to have even pointed 1 gun at him let allow everyone in the store ready to make Swiss cheese of a dumb customer with inappropriate social skills. 😆 but bet he won't try grabbing at anyone's gun again.
It was 40 years ago in NE Phoenix, it was a different world :s0092:

I haven't the slightest idea what gun store this is but if that had happened to me I would've forced them to shoot me and then I would've seen every last one of them put in jail. I've had personal experience with overzealous gun store Rambo's thinking that they can do whatever they want "just in case" something happens. Also, why the hell do they think they have a right for them to "clear things up" instead of just simply calling the police??

I haven't the slightest idea what gun store this is but if that had happened to me I would've forced them to shoot me and then I would've seen every last one of them put in jail. I've had personal experience with overzealous gun store Rambo's thinking that they can do whatever they want "just in case" something happens. Also why the hell do they think they have a right for them to "clear things up" instead of just simply calling the police??
You have your point of view, I understand it and agree that it is a valid point of view, but I have no desire to armchair quarterback something that happened 40 years ago.

Helped out in a few stores and I've heard a few whoppers. Biggest head-shaker for me was the revelation that "gun powder doesn't matter, just grab the cheapest stuff." The customer went on to describe his reloading process, including just filling the case and setting the bullet in with pliers. Way beyond the normal big talker and getting into boarderline nuts.

You have your point of view, I understand it and agree that it is a valid point of view, but I have no desire to armchair quarterback something that happened 40 years ago.
OK I understand, it just rubbed me the wrong way with how some of these gun store employees behave.. I have even seen this at my friend's gun store (Fedway discount guns). The new guys who didn't know me would treat me the same way and Moe had to shut them down real quick because he knew I wouldn't tolerate it.

But I get your point, do stupid chit, win stupid prizes..
👍

If they were bad shots. Otherwise, you might not have seen anything ever again.

I do agree that it sounds like an overreaction on the part of the gun store.
This is true, but I've been shot several times and I'm not dead yet... although I do tend to get sore at the beginning of the winter season..

When I decided to get back into firearms, the missus was on board, so we went shopping for his-n-hers single action .22s.

Looking at some Single Sixes at a store when the guy pulls out one of those 16" Heritage revolvers. My wife held it and asked, "When you pull the trigger, does a flag pop out that says BOOM?"

As soon as the words were out of her mouth, a woman standing behind us says to her husband, "Oh, honey, look—there's the gun that you just bought."

My wife was horrified but I cracked up.

This is second hand from the owner of my favorite FFL.

There was this one lady, it was during the whole covid period.

She bought a revolver from a pawn shop, I forget the brand, was having some problem with her ammo, it was not loading right and she could not get it to work.

She brought the gun in to my favorite shop for them to help her with it...

Basically, she bought a 38spl revolver. The salesperson at the pawn shop said that because it was a 38spl, it will also shoot 357 magnum and they sold her a box of 357 magnum...

Well, she could not get the 357 into the cylinder are the way and at some point, used a hammer to try and load the cylinder....

She was advised to never go to that pawn shop again and she is lucky she 1, didn't get it loaded, and 2, never fired the potential hand grenade...

The salesperson at the pawn shop said that because it was a 38spl, it will also shoot 357 magnum and they sold her a box of 357 magnum...
How someone could be hired without some moderately intensive 'questioning' about some basic (and maybe not so basic) firearm knowledge is beyond me HOWEVER..

Several years ago one of the owners of the company I was working for called me into his office and asked me about a gun he had just bought for his wife that had jammed and would not eject the brass case.

He handed me the gun and and I 'cleared' it and saw what looked like a piece of .380 brass in the chamber - and it was a Ruger SR9 9mm!

Long story short. Gun and ammo bought at Sportsman's Whorehouse in Bend.

I took the gun home, cleared the brass, cleaned it and shot a few mags of 9mm with no issues.

I took the gun, and the box of .380 into SW and told the Mgr. the story and he apologized, gave me two boxes of 9mm and assured me he would 'handle the issue' with the clerk.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads