JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would suggest snap cap for the dry fire. Will atleast minimize the "shock" on the firing pin and bolt assembly.
What solv3nt said above about 03/03a3s is true from my experience. Dry firing will break the striker rod where the firing pin hooks onto it.

What rifle? You aren't supposed to with 1903A3s.
It's an older, probably mid 70's Remington 760 30-06. I can somewhat group them at 50 yards, not so much 100 +. Pretty solid rest, Decent quality scope. The trigger is considerably lighter than anything else I own and I feel like it's a me problem not a gun/optic problem.

It's an older, probably mid 70's Remington 760 30-06. I can somewhat group them at 50 yards, not so much 100 +. Pretty solid rest, Decent quality scope. The trigger is considerably lighter than anything else I own and I feel like it's a me problem not a gun/optic problem.
How much rifle shooting experience do you have? If it's a you problem, your words not mine, I recommend a 22lr for practice on shooting mechanics. Get a bolt action and practice away. A bolt action will make you focus a little more, as opposed to a 10/22 where it's easy to kill a brick.

Last night I did exactly that. Shooting a 22 I am able to drill rounds in tight groups. Plenty of rifle experience, this is the first "new" rifle I've had in 30 plus years. Trying to build confidence before sending another $40 down range...

Last night I did exactly that. Shooting a 22 I am able to drill rounds in tight groups. Plenty of rifle experience, this is the first "new" rifle I've had in 30 plus years. Trying to build confidence before sending another $40 down range...
Why do you say it's a you problem? It sounds more like a rifle or ammo problem.

I think it's me because when I did dry fire it a couple times I could see the scope picture move and end off target, if that makes sense.
I've never used the snap caps. I'll check it out.
Thanks guys, appreciate the tips.

I think it's me because when I did dry fire it a couple times I could see the scope picture move and end off target, if that makes sense.
How's the trigger pull? If you're consistent with a 22lr, then it sounds like a trigger issue.

thats why we have favorites - some guns just seem to fit

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews