JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw no criticism. There was the classic rhetoric of the individuals who don't believe their actions in public are subject to regulation as they don't see how such actions carry risk to other parties. Now how did you figure I am angry ? I am not the one admitting here that superficial stuff drives my blood pressure up. I am simply demonstrating that there is a lack of consistency for people here between the two high risk activities - use of firearms and driving on public roads. Nobody here advocates for reckless behavior with firearms, or breaking firearms regulations, no matter how small. Yet there is a clear advocacy for reckless behavior on public roads while using the tools that are equally or potentially more dangerous, posing a threat to property, health or life when misused.

I bet you sit down to pee.

How about the trucker doing 27 mph who feels like he has to pass the other trucker doing 25 mph on an uphill grade? Hogs the left lane for the 5 or 6 miles it takes to get by 2 or 3 of his fellow truckers. I'm thinking in particular of the passes between Roseburg and Grants Pass. So annoying.

The only thing that bugs me more is when I have my cruise control set on 70 (which is most of the time, technically speeding) and am passing several trucks in a row, and some dickhead comes rushing up behind me and rides 5 feet off my tail because he wants to do 80, and then starts flashing his lights. Relax, dude, I'll move right when I'm done passing.

I have numerous traffic pet peeves greater than people speeding in the left lane (fast lane)...
I regularly watch semi-trucks drive not only in the left lane, but a lane farther left, the carpool lane in attempting to drive thru downtown Seattle or Bellevue as quickly as possible. Them being there backs up many people behind them who want to go faster than the semi...
The issue of drivers going thru intersections after the light has changed from green to red is more prevalent than before. They don't want to stop and wait for the traffic signal to again turn green and they are willing to risk going thru the intersection at a high rate of speed during a red-light..
It is good to have a dash camera so you don't find yourself in a situation where the police are being told alternative versions of what caused an accident.
For a year my truck was ungoverned, if I was in the left lane and you wanted to go faster? Trust me, state trooper would give you more than a basic speeding ticket.

That aside, everyone is an idiot regardless of how many wheels a vehicle has or doesn't have. I've had people slam their brakes in front of me cause I was in the left lane just to pass the idiot going 35 in the middle lane, people slam cut across 3 lanes and slam their brakes in front of me for the exit, and people who couldn't even maintain their lane.

My trailer is wider than the standard trailer, I want to leave an out whether its the shoulder on the left or the right. If it inconveniences you in the moment, I don't care. Want to know what will be more incovenient? If someone crashes into my trailer and the load spills across the highway.

Even in the AMG, I don't care if a truck's in the left lane as long as they can do 70+.

How about the trucker doing 27 mph who feels like he has to pass the other trucker doing 25 mph on an uphill grade? Hogs the left lane for the 5 or 6 miles it takes to get by 2 or 3 of his fellow truckers. I'm thinking in particular of the passes between Roseburg and Grants Pass. So annoying.

The only thing that bugs me more is when I have my cruise control set on 70 (which is most of the time, technically speeding) and am passing several trucks in a row, and some dickhead comes rushing up behind me and rides 5 feet off my tail because he wants to do 80, and then starts flashing his lights. Relax, dude, I'll move right when I'm done passing.
Proper mountain road ought to have a truck lane. And people ought to remember others are on the hill. I take the two right lanes only, and if another truck is passing me in any other area I'll slow it down so they pass quicker.

I blame the ELDs and being governed so damn low. I see trucks going 65 in a 50 cause they can ONLY do 65. I'm never in a hurry cause outside of a few states I can go over the limit or at least do the limit. But hey, those guys going 61-65 is safer right?

Heaven forbid you gotta run out east and see raider express. They only go 58 mph.

I saw no criticism. There was the classic rhetoric of the individuals who don't believe their actions in public are subject to regulation as they don't see how such actions carry risk to other parties. Now how did you figure I am angry ? I am not the one admitting here that superficial stuff drives my blood pressure up. I am simply demonstrating that there is a lack of consistency for people here between the two high risk activities - use of firearms and driving on public roads. Nobody here advocates for reckless behavior with firearms, or breaking firearms regulations, no matter how small. Yet there is a clear advocacy for reckless behavior on public roads while using the tools that are equally or potentially more dangerous, posing a threat to property, health or life when misused.
If it's not anger, what prompted you to use the term "mentally unstable"? That's a pretty serious allegation against a forum member.

If it's not anger, what prompted you to use the term "mentally unstable"? That's a pretty serious allegation against a forum member.

To be fair, I drive a truck. I'm either unstable, on the run from something I can't confront, or just like money but don't wanna live in a big city.

I'll leave it to your imagination.

have no reason to say you're not better informed about the regulations in Washington. Your claim regarding the 50 states is outright false, unless at least you can demonstrate the existence of similar regulations in Oregon, which I have elaborated on earlier in this thread.

On top of that "camping" is an arbitrary definition created by the mentally unstable individuals as demonstrated in this thread. If you want to be taken seriously, please stick to the legal definitions and exact technical terms.
I guess you did not read the Mattihiesen, Wickert & Lehrer SC information. It can be found with a search "Slower traffic keep right: a summary of state traffic laws by Gary Wickert" 31 May 2018. It refers to the laws of Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Deleware, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, OREGON, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming,
I used the common term Left lane camping as a slang term for failure to "Keep Right Except to Pass". I'm sorry for your confusion. :D:p

On top of that "camping" is an arbitrary definition created by the mentally unstable individuals as demonstrated in this thread. If you want to be taken seriously, please stick to the legal definitions and exact technical terms.
Not arguing that we are a mentally stable group, but "camping" certainly wasn't coined by our forum members, seems a fairly common idiom:

Back to post #1, that's pretty impressive MPG's out of a full size car!

Left lane campers? When it comes to entitlement, don't even get me started on certain types of bicycle riders.

I always drive the speed limit, plus a few. I mean, 100 in a 70 is a few right?
I try to do what the sign says, but my car will only do 204.

1653838263647.png

I guess you did not read the Mattihiesen, Wickert & Lehrer SC information. It can be found with a search "Slower traffic keep right: a summary of state traffic laws by Gary Wickert" 31 May 2018. It refers to the laws of Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Deleware, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, OREGON, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming,
I used the common term Left lane camping as a slang term for failure to "Keep Right Except to Pass". I'm sorry for your confusion. :D:p
Interesting......up until 2005 (when I left Hawaii) there was no regulation about having to use the left lane only as a passing/speeding lane. Rrrrright.......take a look at the traffic situation/congestion there. LOL.

Aloha, Mark

As for the name-calling and/or alluding to/calling out/addressing other people's behaviors in some other derogatory term(s)/in less than polite terms, etc......etc.......

REMINDER.

Lets_play_nice.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Defendant Murphy was charged and ultimately convicted of DUII after being stopped for violation of ORS 811.315 for "failure of a slow driver to drive on the right." He appeals the trial court's denial of his motion to suppress, arguing that he was not traveling at "less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing," ORS 811.315, and thus, the facts as the Officer perceived them did not constitute a violation.

The Court of Appeals notes that the Officer observed Murphy driving at 32 miles per hour in a 35-mile-per-hour zone in an urban area at 2:55 a.m. It was dark, and the street was lighted by ambient light and street lights. The Court also notes that the Oregon Driver's Manual advises night drivers to operate at a reduced speed. Moreover, Murphy remained in the left lane because he was preparing to make a left-hand turn within less than 15 blocks. The Court thus concludes that the Officer's subjective belief that Murphy had violated ORS 811.315 was not objectively reasonable because the facts do not support the conclusion that Murphy's speed was less than the normal speed under the circumstances. The judgment is therefore reversed and remanded.

Did he draw attention to himself while DUII by driving 32mph for almost 1/2 mile but beat the ticket with a good attorney and a sympathetic judge? That sounds like poor planning on his part. It would have been better to have avoided the whole situation. I hope he was not delaying another driver.
It is interesting that cities with grid systems often have a different number of blocks per mile. Portland has 32 blocks per mile North-South and East-West, while Boston has 31 BPM N-S & 12.2 BPM E-W, San Francisco has 24.0 BPM N-S & 17.6 E-W. New York has 31 BPM N-S & 9 BPM E-W.

Did he draw attention to himself while DUII by driving 32mph for almost 1/2 mile but beat the ticket with a good attorney and a sympathetic judge?
That was an appellate level case - 3 judge panel. So no, he didn't get lucky with a "sympathetic judge." Also note that the court referenced prior case law, and not just interpreted the ORS.

"because he was preparing to make a left-hand turn within less than 15 blocks"

One of these things is not like the other ones.
There is an additional exemption under 811.315 - you can drive at a reduced speed in the left lane when preparing to make a left turn. The case above reaches its conclusions without touching that exemption, they're simply restating the claim of the defendant, which is not unusual for the courts to do when establishing the context. The "15 blocks" is especially comical... "officer, I was going to make a left turn in the next town! Sorry, I meant next state!"

Thus, Gay's subjective belief was not objectively rea-sonable because the facts do not support the conclusion that defendant's speed was less than the normal speed under the circumstances. Accordingly, we reverse and remand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top