JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1653671465828.png

Speed kills huh?

Welp, we better ban vehicles with more than 3 cylinders. Limit cars to 100 HP and require speed limiters of no more than 25 mph on city streets and 55 mph on the highway. Who needs a car with 400hp after all?

Gee what does that sound like?

@ma96782 is very much NOT a troll. I've met him a few times and he is a good guy. I happen to think he is as wrong as a soup sandwich on this topic, but definitely not a troll.

I have numerous traffic pet peeves greater than people speeding in the left lane (fast lane)...
I regularly watch semi-trucks drive not only in the left lane, but a lane farther left, the carpool lane in attempting to drive thru downtown Seattle or Bellevue as quickly as possible. Them being there backs up many people behind them who want to go faster than the semi...
The issue of drivers going thru intersections after the light has changed from green to red is more prevalent than before. They don't want to stop and wait for the traffic signal to again turn green and they are willing to risk going thru the intersection at a high rate of speed during a red-light..
It is good to have a dash camera so you don't find yourself in a situation where the police are being told alternative versions of what caused an accident.

Can't believe this is even a debate here. Intentionally driving in the left lane so others can't pass (because you're going the speed limit) is textbook Karen behavior.
It is only a "debate" because the people doing this want to be able to tell others how to live. Some of them want this so badly they will make every excuse under the sun to try to justify this. This is FAR from just while driving. The kind of mentality that does this, does it in any part of life where they think they can get away with it.

Public roads are a shared resource intended for safe use by everyone. While I do not advocate that anyone other than cops "polices" the road, I do encourage people to follow the rules and ignore unreasonable demands from the individuals like you. Feel free to drive whichever way you like in your private driveway, but your behavior on the public roads directly affects everyone else on the same road, potentially putting them in danger. So at the very least be prepared to receive the criticism, because it's not really an example of "nobody's business..
I agree public roads are a shared resource. Thats why all 50 states have rules for left lane campers. In Washington State the fine is $136. In Texas it is $200. The fines are different for each State but the rules are pretty much the same ie: no camping. You can search "Ask a Trooper" Left lane driving 11 May 2016 and it mentions that in 2015 in Wa 14,000 tickets were issued for left lane camping @$136.00. Another search is Mattihiesen, Wickert & Lehrer, SC for a good reference to the nationwide rules of no camping in the left lane.

RCW 46,61.100, RCW 46.661.425, RCW 46.61.120, RCW 46.20.095, RCW46.82.430, & RCW 47.36.200 are interesting and on the subject driving rules. These are rules for driving in the State of Washington and should be observed by all drivers to make driving a smoother safer experience. YMMV

I agree public roads are a shared resource. Thats why all 50 states have rules for left lane campers. In Washington State the fine is $136. In Texas it is $200. The fines are different for each State but the rules are pretty much the same ie: no camping. You can search "Ask a Trooper" Left lane driving 11 May 2016 and it mentions that in 2015 in Wa 14,000 tickets were issued for left lane camping @$136.00. Another search is Mattihiesen, Wickert & Lehrer, SC for a good reference to the nationwide rules of no camping in the left lane.

RCW 46,61.100, RCW 46.661.425, RCW 46.61.120, RCW 46.20.095, RCW46.82.430, & RCW 47.36.200 are interesting and on the subject driving rules. These are rules for driving in the State of Washington and should be observed by all drivers to make driving a smoother safer experience. YMMV
I have no reason to say you're not better informed about the regulations in Washington. Your claim regarding the 50 states is outright false, unless at least you can demonstrate the existence of similar regulations in Oregon, which I have elaborated on earlier in this thread.

On top of that "camping" is an arbitrary definition created by the mentally unstable individuals as demonstrated in this thread. If you want to be taken seriously, please stick to the legal definitions and exact technical terms.

I know you've been the target of some harsh criticism in this thread, but that's just ridiculous, no matter how angry you are.
I saw no criticism. There was the classic rhetoric of the individuals who don't believe their actions in public are subject to regulation as they don't see how such actions carry risk to other parties. Now how did you figure I am angry ? I am not the one admitting here that superficial stuff drives my blood pressure up. I am simply demonstrating that there is a lack of consistency for people here between the two high risk activities - use of firearms and driving on public roads. Nobody here advocates for reckless behavior with firearms, or breaking firearms regulations, no matter how small. Yet there is a clear advocacy for reckless behavior on public roads while using the tools that are equally or potentially more dangerous, posing a threat to property, health or life when misused.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top