JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its worth noting that they dont need to put a sign up in Oregon. If the property owner asks you to leave for any reason, its trespassing if you dont.

It would be one thing if he was asking people to leave - that's fine. This guy is telling people to stay there, while he calls the police. As if.

It would be one thing if he was asking people to leave - that's fine. This guy is telling people to stay there, while he calls the police. As if.
that's true, if the mall cop doesn't ask a person to leave first, its illegal detainment. Would be funny to see the cops show up and watch him be the one to get arrested.

The Woodburn Premium Outlets are owned by a big corporate mall chain called the Simon Property Group. Their corporate policy is to totally ban firearms from their property. Their corporation is very hostile to gun owners. And besides the stores themselves, the parking lots where everyone is conducting these transactions is also their private property too.

So while one would not be breaking any law per se, this is still an extremely bad place for doing transactions, as the owner of the property is hostile to gun owners. They have a right to enforce their rules of behavior on their property, and they can trespass anyone that does not comply with their rules. You would not go hunting on private property that had a NO HUNTING sign on it would you? Well, the Simon Property Group has the same right to decide what activities are allowed on their property too.

The worse thing that this security guard can do is to kick anyone off the property if they have firearms or other weapons in their possession. Now if a person actually refused to leave when ordered by the security guard, then you could potentially get into legal trouble for trespassing.

So this is not at all the security guard's fault. He is just doing his job, and following his employer's orders. All of you who have been using this outlet, need to find another place to do your transactions. Otherwise, you are just asking to continue to be hassled. which you no doubt will be.

And that would be an incredibly dumb thing to do, in my view.

In light of all the mall shootings that have taken place around our country in recent years, I would say that using any shopping mall for firearm transactions would be a bad idea in general. The only exceptions would be shopping malls that have a large gun retailer in them. I doubt one would be bothered doing transactions outside the Sportsman's Warehouse in Salem, or at the Cabela's in Springfield, despite the fact that those stores are part of a shopping mall. It would be impossible to have gun bans in place in those locations.

If you want to see what the Simon Property Group's official conduct rules for their properties are, here is a photo of the sign that they post:

View attachment 229519

You have way too much time on your hands if you have a picture of a sign for Mall rules.
Last time I was there the security guard came up looked at us, Said "everything okay?!" The buyer and I both looked at him and said"yep" and that was the end of it. The Sign if not clearly posted at every entrance and exit is invalid enforcement of the policies. I dont know what back hallway its in but I have walked around that place many times over and never seen it, And because its now here on NWFA doesnt make it any more valid in my eyes. Although taco hell sounds better by the post, I normally meet up at Bi-Mart and have never ever had a problem there or Cabelas or Fishermans Supply, I figure its better to meet up in these large parking lots to keep it public and have nothing to hide.

This is just one of my Vans, which is here in Oregon.
I have another in Montana.

PLEASE respect my privacy if sellin'/buyin' or tradin' firearms.

And NO FISHING by my van! Down By The River.png

This is just one of my Vans, which is here in Oregon.
I have another in Montana.

PLEASE respect my privacy if sellin'/buyin' or tradin' firearms.

And NO FISHING by my van!View attachment 229862

Nice, reminds me a bit of my old '71 VW van. A total piece of sh$t with nothing but problems, but I loved that thing back in my high school days. If I come across yours, I promise I'll treat it with the utmost of respect.

As a security officer myself, I'd like to take a moment an apologize on behalf of this guy..... what a ree ree lol.

If I saw two guys and a gun, I would be like..... oh lookie here.... I think it's lunch time. Then I'd go away... specially since I'm an UNARMED security officer lol.

It's guys like him that make us all look like idiots. He probably has a toy gun and watches the COPS TV show in uniform and calls himself for backup lol

Next time you guys run into him.... just point and laugh at him lol

As a security officer myself, I'd like to take a moment an apologize on behalf of this guy..... what a ree ree lol.

It's guys like him that make us all look like idiots. He probably has a toy gun and watches the COPS TV show in uniform and calls himself for backup lol

I LOLed

Not true, they are the same. Property rights are property rights.

Since they ban the mere possession of firearms on their property, it is pretty obvious that selling firearms would not be allowed.

The Simon Property Group owns nearly 200 shopping malls all across the USA, and they do not like guns. Fortunately, they only own two shopping malls here in Oregon: this one in Woodburn, and also the Columbia Gorge Premium Outlets. Try doing a transaction there, and see what happens.

I made a gun buy at the Outlet in Troutdale. Was there about 15 minutes not one mall cop came over.

I did a trade in the back lot behind the Spruce Goose a while back. The security guard came by once prior to that transaction, never looked at me twice and didn't show up during the transaction. I had just parked out in the open near the Boy Scout arch. Normally that place would be considered private property open to the public, so I suppose if they told you that you were in violation of the owners rules you would have to leave, but nobody said anything to me.

Met another member for a trade the other day. I got there early before the Mall opened a security guy was driving around in his little white car. My trading partner arrived and we were looking at the guns in the back of his Jeep wagon. Here comes the mall cop. He was a old guy and I expected him to say something like "Nice guns'. He said something like, " You guys stay right here, I'm calling the police" I told him we weren't breaking laws. Anyway, I kind of wanted to stay and see how this all washed out, but we decided to just leave. He made a half assed attempt to pull his car in front of us and we just drove around him and left.
It's not against the law yet, hopefully after Monday it still won't be!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top