JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Met another member for a trade the other day. I got there early before the Mall opened a security guy was driving around in his little white car. My trading partner arrived and we were looking at the guns in the back of his Jeep wagon. Here comes the mall cop. He was a old guy and I expected him to say something like "Nice guns'. He said something like, " You guys stay right here, I'm calling the police" I told him we weren't breaking laws. Anyway, I kind of wanted to stay and see how this all washed out, but we decided to just leave. He made a half assed attempt to pull his car in front of us and we just drove around him and left.

I meet people at the Taco Bell across the hwy from the outlet store.
There is an empty drive thru coffee shack in the NW corner of Taco Bells parking lot and it even has a handy carport roof for those rainy days.

Guys name is R. Russel, hes a jerk and doesn't know anything about the law. I had the same encounter about a month ago, won't go there myself again.... funny though when I asked him "what laws am i breaking?" (because he insisted i was selling "military style weapons":s0140:) he completely ignored my question. I had to laugh a little,still did the deal in front of him and then we parted ways. He thought he was doing a service by taking my licence plate #..... Thanks R Russel, where ever you are..... you're making the world safer in your rent-a-cop uniform.

Be very careful or avoid this area completely IMHO.

Guys like this (wanna be cops) are very likely to be armed, even though they are in an unarmed security position, and are extremely unpredictable. I was helping a friend, the Director of Security for a major corporation, interview one of his uniformed security officers on an employee theft investigation. The uniformed security officer was armed with a .380 in his front pocket. I disarmed him but things could have gotten really interesting during the interview once we confirmed he was the thief.

Point of clarification: I have worked, and continue to work, with great men and women in the private security field and the vast majority of them are professional and highly dedicated and pose no threat to the law abiding public. From Joken and Talin's description of their interaction with this guy I would guess Woodburn PD know him well. Look for a safer place to meet.

Yep, I purchased an upper, just an upper and the guy comes over as the seller leaves blocks my truck and proceeds to call the police.. States Im waving around an assault rifle, to which I corrected him very loudly and said Its a PART of a rifle, not a rifle and I JUST purchased it from the guy who just left and Im leaving now..

He keeps talking to the police and said 3 people called him, mall security to report there were three guys (funny, it was just the seller and I, which is 2 people) so I knew he was lying and just freaked out.

Who takes the time to actually look up the mall security phone number if they really are concedned about guys in the parking lot with firearms, wouldnt they dial 911?

The guy and I were there for literally 5 minutes and the upper was out of its box for less than 45 seconds.. How would exactly three people all see that, look up and call mall security and have him take all three calls and have enough time to come over to me?

He was lying enough to the police I started to yell over him and correct all his accusations so he couldnt get a word in..
They then ask him if I was handling the "firearm" in a dangerous manner and he said no, its in a box in his truck..
They then asked if he asked me to leave otherwise I would be trespassing and he realized he hadnt done that yet and said Ill go ahead and do that now..
got off the phone with the cops and started to tell me to leave, I said "gladly".. He then started saying how I shouldnt be carrying firearms, let alone buying or selling them.. But started to say he hunted, but...Blah blah blah.. I left and that was that.. Pure BS.

What would be fun.... is to have 20 or 30 of us all meet there at the same time, park our cars in a row, and pretend we are trading guns. We could set up a few hidden microphones, and have someone in the background run a video camera. Maybe even stage it so a few people leave at the same time as some new people show up. To make it even more fun, we could all agree ahead of time to completely ignore him no matter how much of a tantrum he threw. Imagine how much of a hissy fit he would have running from car to car, hooting and hollering at us while we gave him the silent treatment and carried on with our transactions like he wasn't even there!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top