JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe it's healthy to be aware of what other people don't know... as well as what I don't know.

Sure, I know that it might be fun to bait and ridicule Barney Fife over his powerlessness to enforce imaginary laws.

But what I don't know is if he's one of those yahoos who's been practicing quick draws in front of a mirror in his apartment, and he's decided this is the day he'll take a real gun to work and finally put an end to all the flagrant assault weapon trafficking in his parking lot.

When I detect ignorance in others, fueled by the frustration of prolonged emotional impotence, I steer clear. I don't believe it's my place to teach strangers anything, nor can I safely assume they are endowed with the capacity to learn.

Last Edited:
And then along with those who DON'T know the rules there are those who will butt in and try to educate you - a couple years ago a friend of mine bought a new Glock and wanted to try it out. So for a quick test he drives out hwy 20 and is a short distance from the last subdivision but out of city limits and legal. So he finds a backstop and starts shooting. A few minutes later a car pulls up and out steps a woman with a heavy British accent and she proceeds to tell him what he is doing is illegal, unsafe and all that goes with it. He tells me she is basically ranting and going off and he just stands there and lets her ramble. He left so as to not escalate the situation but he told me later after thinking about it the woman had to be nuts - I mean approaching someone with a gun in a relatively remote area? What if it had been some psycho maniac ?

Easy to pretend to do a trade with a box of say jelly beans and insist that he call the LEO's. :p

Or maybe one of these:

nerf_rapidstrike-e1426724021373-300x201.jpg

Although if you insist on jellybeans, how about this:

jellybeans.jpg

Or even better:

810179627-1.jpg

Posted where? I've parked in that lot a hundred times and have never seen one.

I'm not condoning stirring hornets nets - I said "it makes me want to," I did not say "let's do it!" I'm just pointing out that it's not as cut and dry as some say.

Post #26 is of a sign, no idea where it is and how likely it is that anyone would ever read it...

He had a gun so it's obvious he's some psycho maniac... especially since it was one of those evil black glocks.
AND it was a G36 to boot! The worst POS I EVER shot. Sorry there are better Glocks. I am one of the 'holdouts' who believe the .45 ACP is simply a round that is best suited to a larger frame gun.

I believe there is a law against gun transactions in the parking lots or property of any store that sells firearms....
Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse, Bi-mart etc. Gun Show parking lots also.

Oregon has a state law that covers selling guns at Gun Shows. It is ORS 166.438 But there is no such state law regarding outside gun stores. Are you claiming that some sort of Federal regulation exists to prevent that? I've certainly never heard of any such thing.

I am confident that you are confused about this issue, unless you can come up with a citation documenting that such a Federal regulation exists.

It's a lot different. And yes - I hunt on on private property without asking permission pretty much every time I hunt - timber company property, open to the public for recreation, including hunting. When private property is open to the public, you don't need to ask permission to do legal, peaceful things on it - like hunting, or selling guns.

Are there signs that say "no selling guns in this parking lot?"

Not true, they are the same. Property rights are property rights.

Since they ban the mere possession of firearms on their property, it is pretty obvious that selling firearms would not be allowed.

The Simon Property Group owns nearly 200 shopping malls all across the USA, and they do not like guns. Fortunately, they only own two shopping malls here in Oregon: this one in Woodburn, and also the Columbia Gorge Premium Outlets. Try doing a transaction there, and see what happens.

Malls around America are becoming increasingly hostile to gun owners, even though it's actual criminals that are shooting the crap out of those places. Heck, I feel so much more comfortable knowing that unarmed mall security is watching over my purchase of an Orange Julius. I know I can go safe home every trip I make.

In reality, I simply stay away from places like this. They have become a microcosm of the things that are wrong in this world, including an example of ignorance and big government control.

Who wouldn't feel safe seeing this as you walk in:

View attachment 229528

P.S. - nothing against those who work security, I'm only angry at the ones that like to exert their authority over others - same goes for regular LEO's.

Well, this Mall Cop does sound like he is a bit goofy or paranoid. Perhaps he is suffering from early dementia. He seems to think that people are engaging in nefarious and illegal activities. It does sound like he has drunk the Anti-Gun Kool Aid that we see peddled so often by the media. No doubt he thinks that he is dealing with illegal gun traffickers and felons.

But he does have the legal right to trespass and kick anyone off the property that is in possession of a firearm. So I would certainly stay clear of this place, and also its sister Columbia Gorge Outlets.

And then along with those who DON'T know the rules there are those who will butt in and try to educate you - a couple years ago a friend of mine bought a new Glock and wanted to try it out. So for a quick test he drives out hwy 20 and is a short distance from the last subdivision but out of city limits and legal. So he finds a backstop and starts shooting. A few minutes later a car pulls up and out steps a woman with a heavy British accent and she proceeds to tell him what he is doing is illegal, unsafe and all that goes with it. He tells me she is basically ranting and going off and he just stands there and lets her ramble. He left so as to not escalate the situation but he told me later after thinking about it the woman had to be nuts - I mean approaching someone with a gun in a relatively remote area? What if it had been some psycho maniac ?
You've been around a level headed woman or something. This is par for most hard headed women. No fear because they believe they are right and you are wrong. And you better just do what they say...:mad:
I wouldn't be surprised at this at all. And I would be just jerk enough to tell her how smart she sounds while I have the ear plugs in
hahaha.

Gee, Lance! You really are a defender of the oppressed! Champion of the underdog! Keep up the good work!

Well, my viewpoint is more like this: If we want others to respect our rights, then we need to also respect the rights of others as well.

And we certainly have no right to force any property owner to allow guns on their property if they don't want to have them present. If anyone is unhappy with their firearm policy, they can simply boycott shopping at the stores that are inside their mall. One could also write a letter to the stores and let them know that they will lose your business because of the mall owner's ban on firearms.

Deliberately taking firearms onto their property and causing unnecessary alarm and concern certainly does no good at all for the image of gun owners.

One thing this thread and ones like it do it give a person insight into what people believe and where they are from a political and firearms standpoint. I find them interesting in that regard LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top