JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Again, you are ignoring that the all red congress in DC DOESN'T MEAN Spit ON THIS ISSUE!! You are the one that must be the Bloomberg plant cuz you keep changing the dang subject. This is a STATE issue. DC has no part in it, get it ?!?!?!?!

Are you serious??

Having a majority in the Senate will mean EVERYTHING when the next Supreme Court Justice is nominated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the NRA did as much as they could have in WA. I don't always agree with what they do, but I can't think of any group that I agree with 100% The fact remains that the NRA is THE biggest pro-gun legislative group in the country - period. SAF and others simply can't match their resources and influence. That doesn't mean there isn't an important place in the mix for SAF and the others. I'm a life NRA member and have no intention of making any change to that fact. The only thing I do is make my opinion known to them if they do something I'm not happy with.

I don't get the mentality of "we lost this one, so I'm taking my toys and going home". The NRA is still your best defense (primarily on a National level) for your rights. And considering how difficult that fight is year after year, I think they deserve a bit more respect than what I'm seeing lately.

Post-election statements have some interesting perspectives

Statements issued yesterday by gun control proponents and the National Rifle Association's chief lobbyist offer some interesting, and certainly conflicting, perspectives on the outcome of Tuesday's elections around the country.

<broken link removed>
I agree with this
I wonder if the NRA, and SAF will go after the badly written I-594 in the courts? We can only hope that they (The NRA) do not abandon us and SAF a Second time.
Allowing this law to go forward without a legal battles should be a concern to all states that will for sure see this same/similar prop on their own ballots where it is not already a law.

As a Life Benefactor Member of the NRA, I understand the need to maintain my support.
However.... For the most part, the NRA's effort in our state was to preach to the choir.
You do not effectively communicate your message to the masses by preaching to the people who already fill the pews of your church. You go out into the public of those who are unknowing of your message.
I could state, that I found the NRA severely lacking in understanding target marketing, but I know they know better.
So... Just why did they sit this one out. ?o_O

Was listening to NPR Wednesday recapping the elections. The analysis after the fact was that I594 was a lost cause, so they spent their money where they'd get the most bang for their buck, as it were. They spend heavily on making sure congress went red--which is far more important for protecting everyone's gun rights over the next two years. Also, I like to think an outfit like the NRA has a bunch of smart people working for it, mostly lawyers. My guess is they looked at this turd of a bill and figured it would not stand up to legal scrutiny.

the NRA really does quite a lot, you're just not aware of it.

I am well aware of what the NRA does. I'm also well aware of what they don't do.

The did very little to help defeat the anti-2nd amendment measures in Wa.St.

They did nothing to help elect a RED representative from Oregon.

Moreover, they NEVER endorse a candidate that isn't a DEM or REP thus perpetuating the BS 'waste your vote, lesser of evil, etc..."

Whatever... I'm life member and will occasionally give a few bucks to them IF there are funds left over after giving so generously to OFF :D

show us a non-D/R candidate who is pro-gun AND has a reasonable chance of winning an election.

the NRA did oppose non-D/R candidates who were anti-gun.

it doesn't make sense to throw money at someone who is sure to lose. as much as I hate delbene, I understand why the NRA didn't back pedro.

As a Life Benefactor Member of the NRA, I understand the need to maintain my support.
However.... For the most part, the NRA's effort in our state was to preach to the choir.
You do not effectively communicate your message to the masses by preaching to the people who already fill the pews of your church. You go out into the public of those who are unknowing of your message.
I could state, that I found the NRA severely lacking in understanding target marketing, but I know they know better.

Thank you. I am not the only one that sees it.....not the only one that would follow the NRA blindly off a cliff into oblivion. Thanks you!!

The NRA makes money on gun control, you guys know that right? If there is nothing to fight, then there's no money to be gained.

I recon NRA memberships will be increased just to fight off this mess with many requests for donations- while on the other hand it we all know that it would cost less to prevent an initiative from becomming law instead of attempting to repeal it.

The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA) and the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) were on the frontlines fighting I-594.

<broken link removed>

The National Rifle Association declined to support I-591 and has put less than $500,000 and two field organizers in the state to fight I-594, saying it can't compete financially with the I-594 campaign.

That has left Gottlieb and local gun advocates largely on their own.

"I think all gun owners in Washington are pretty disappointed that the NRA hasn't made a very large commitment to this," Gottlieb said. "And none of us know why."

So some people are upset at the NRA and feel abandoned? It is up to anyone but ourselves to get the word out to friends and family? Aren't
NRA has to do more than send me an email every day begging for money and blaming video games for school shootings.

Then contact them and tell them to stop, they will but you have to initiate it!!!
It's so easy a caveman can do it.....

So some people are upset at the NRA and feel abandoned? It is up to anyone but ourselves to get the word out to friends and family? Aren't

Then contact them and tell them to stop, they will but you have to initiate it!!!
It's so easy a caveman can do it.....

You have to individually opt out of every department at the NRA to stop getting them. I think I opted out of 10 different times to stop the onslaught of emails. I didnt donate to them so they could harass me. I donated to they could harass the politicians.

Its almost as bad as the AMA. They send me a fake "Dues notice" bill trying to trick me into signing up every single month for the last 10 years.

I maintain that if the NRA came in big the outcome would have been worse in terms of the percentage approval of the initiative.

I run into many people in Western WA that are anti NRA more than anti-gun. That's a lot of baggage to overcome and I believe the NRA can do more in the courts for less money and without the NRA baggage.

I maintain that if the NRA came in big the outcome would have been worse in terms of the percentage approval of the initiative.

I run into many people in Western WA that are anti NRA more than anti-gun. That's a lot of baggage to overcome and I believe the NRA can do more in the courts for less money and without the NRA baggage.

It's hard to run with billionaires who love to throw millions into pet peeves.
You got that right folks, our rights are the elites pet peeves, that got y'all's attention?
I'm mad as hell that some are so complacent and too frigging lazy to vote before hunting seasons!!!!
Thanks a lot to the so called 2A supporters who didn't vote!!!!!!

They didn't sit this one out. They worked like dogs to get a majority in the US Senate and the Congress and they succeeded at what they helped with. People still do not comprehend what the NRA is and does. Just being a member at any level doesn't mean you understand them or own them. They fought one of the most important battles that existed. .........................echo, echo, echo....damn...........
Now you can sleep at night not having to worry about some leftist getting a Supreme Court position as well as a thousand other things that resulted from what they did.

Last Edited:

^^^ THIS

sadly there were bigger fish to fry than a WA state initiative battle, that really couldn't be won. i can understand why they didn't burn more $$ on it. it makes more sense to challenge 594 courts or amend it in legislature, where the process is largely immune from billionaire money.

we do need to start planning for the next wave of legislation to come down, start calling the NRA and suggest that they work on a strategy to combat initiatives, and ask if they can start working with the SAF on coordinated efforts.

They didn't sit this one out. They worked like dogs to get a majority in the US Senate and the Co0ngress and they succeeded at what they helped with. People still do not comprehend what the NRA is and does. Just being a member at any level doesn't mean you understand them or own them. They fought one of the most important battles that existed. .........................echo, echo, echo....damn...........
Now you can sleep at night not having to worry about some leftist getting a Supreme Court position as well as a thousand other things that resulted from what they did.
You're implying into what I stated that I did not.
This discussion is specifically about I-594 in Washington State, and not about the National level of effort.
I concur that the NRA invested large sums of our money across the nation, and it was successful.
And, they pretty much ignored I-594.
And, as I had stated they may be planning to fight it in the legislature and in the courts. That would be a good thing.

Addenda:
Let me make this very clear to you there, Mr. Taku.
The NRA still has my full support, and ALWAYS will have my Full Support.
But, CCRKBA will now get the majority of my financial support.

Last Edited:
Outstanding. At least you are not giving up all hope that the NRA has and always will be willing to fight the fights it CAN WIN.

Now we need to work on the ones who are so bu(tt hurt that their vision is blurred to the future.;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top