JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"the NRA won't co-operate with SAF, etc"
Could it be that these upstarts won't co-operate with NRA?
Instead of NRA, isn't it the ILA?
Could it be the anti-NRA trolls are uninformed?
Follow the ILA link and discover that if you are a member you will receive voter alerts and voter recommendations instantly.

Again, you are ignoring that the all red congress in DC DOESN'T MEAN SH*T ON THIS ISSUE!! You are the one that must be the Bloomberg plant cuz you keep changing the dang subject. This is a STATE issue. DC has no part in it, get it ?!?!?!?!

this is not a "state" issue. it is a states (plural) issue. 24 of the 50 states have initiative processes, and there's not enough money to fight them all. NV, ME, AZ, etc are next.

the NRA could short circuit all these state initiatives with a sweeping federal law. and now the NRA has serious leverage to pull it off.

or the NRA could help back the SAF to get either state legislation through, or competing initiatives on the ballot.

either way, the SAF can't pull it alone.

Sorry, but IMHO, the NRA abandoned US!! WHY should they get another plug nickle from us? SAF, CCRKBA, GOA, etc., do more than the bloated, elitist NRA anyhow.

You talk like an employee of Bloomberg. Anything to belittle the NRA.
Damned sad for a professed gun owner.

You talk like an employee of Bloomberg. Anything to belittle the NRA.
Damned sad for a professed gun owner.

Think what you want. But I am a discerning gun owner that doesn't worship the NRA. I don't vote for someone JUST BECAUSE there is an 'R' next to their name, either. I think. I am not a robot. The NRA needs an overhaul. If that makes you look down your nose at me, that is your problem.

this is not a "state" issue. it is a states (plural) issue. 24 of the 50 states have initiative processes, and there's not enough money to fight them all. NV, ME, AZ, etc are next.

the NRA could short circuit all these state initiatives with a sweeping federal law. and now the NRA has serious leverage to pull it off.

or the NRA could help back the SAF to get either state legislation through, or competing initiatives on the ballot.

The smaller gun Orgs get territorial instead of working with the NRA or other pro gun groups they end in territory bicker matches. The ILA/NRA has the biggest legal staff around, so maybe it would behoove SAF to support the NRA instead of the other way around. The people support SAF and not the NRA. Tell me why the NRA should step in and usurp what the people support. Maybe the support does not go the right way, ever think of supporting all of the pro gun groups instead of badmouthing the biggest one for not carrying the burden of the rest. People have their priorities screwed up or just need something to complain about.
Either way it does no good to the pro gun cause. Add up the past century of deeds and things that have helped gun owners and the NRA has done a hundred times more positive things than all thhe other pro 2nd organizations combined. That is a fact !
Only a Bloomberg stooge can dispute that one.
The biggest problem is most gun owners really have no clue what the NRA is and what it has done for the past 100+ years.
The true history of the NRA will devour Bloomberg and his stooges.

So, if you defeat the first such initiative soundly, then the gun grabbers won't be so quick to try it in other states. Look at the $15/hr minimum wage. The initiative passed in SeaTac, now I think 5 or 6 states voted on it one year later.....

The smaller gun Orgs get territorial instead of working with the NRA or other pro gun groups they end in territory bicker matches. The ILA/NRA has the biggest legal staff around, so maybe it would behoove SAF to support the NRA instead of the other way around. The people support SAF and not the NRA. Tell me why the NRA should step in and usurp what the people support. Maybe the support does not go the right way, ever think of supporting all of the pro gun groups instead of badmouthing the biggest one for not carrying the burden of the rest. People have their priorities screwed up or just need something to complain about.
Either way it does no good to the pro gun cause. Add up the past century of deeds and things that have helped gun owners and the NRA has done a hundred times more positive things than all thhe other pro 2nd organizations combined. That is a fact !
Only a Bloomberg stooge can dispute that one.
The biggest problem is most gun owners really have no clue what the NRA is and what it has done for the past 100+ years.
The true history of the NRA will devour Bloomberg and his stooges.

Spoken like someone on the NRA's payroll.

Pretty sad that if you criticize the NRA, you are automatically labelled as a Bloomberg plant. No wonder we lost this vote. Too many NRA worshiping Fudds.

And look at the NRA's recent victories in Colorado, NY, Maryland, er, oops. Nevermind.

Seems that the NRA would fight the good fight in any state regardless if they falsely believe that everyone there has given up. Are they leaders or just a group who likes to take your money and pretend like they're doing something good for the 2nd amendment??

I am NOT ONE BIT happy with the NRA right now. I am seriously thinking about trading my WA drivers license for one in another state. I feel they abandoned us. But, I will not leave them. Sad as it is they are the best show in town for what they do.

I am NOT ONE BIT happy with the NRA right now. I am seriously thinking about trading my WA drivers license for one in another state. I feel they abandoned us. But, I will not leave them. Sad as it is they are the best show in town for what they do.

All show, no go as of late.....

So, the question is, what can be done at the Federal level to jam something up Nick the Dick's arse and break it off inside? We have no influence here, so it seems our best hope is between lawfaring it and finding sympathetic friends in Congress to go over these assclowns' heads...

Well before you decide to give up on the NRA. The 1 Per centers put up almost $10 million for push the lies of 594. The NRA would have to match or exceed that amount to expose the lies. Knowing that Washington is full of Marxists, Communists and other government loving, freedom hating POS, not money well spent.
The smart thing to do is help, plan and wait for the result.
Now the 1 Per centers, Marxists, Communists and other government loving, freedom hating POS are going to have to spend Millons more to defend their law against the NRA, SAF , GOA and freedom loving Americans.
It comes down to money well spent or money spent foolishly.

the nra ks great at fighting on the national level I just sent my membership papers in. They fight for the states but there are only so many people and so much money to help. We thought we had this one in the bag and left ot up to Tom, Dick, and Harry to put there ballots in.
--- we failed. I voters I speed the word but many of my friends could t be bothered

So, the question is, what can be done at the Federal level to jam something up Nick the Dick's arse and break it off inside? We have no influence here, so it seems our best hope is between lawfaring it and finding sympathetic friends in Congress to go over these assclowns' heads...

that is why we need to support the NRA. they are the only organization with enough influence to get a federal bill we can drop on the antigunners. the antigunners have given up on congress, knowing that the NRA is too strong there.

bloomberg's tactic was a smart one. pour millions into a state with a bullbubblegum initiative and cause division in the ranks. anyone who bails on the NRA now is doing exactly what bloomy wants.

support the SAF as well. neither organization are perfect by any means, but they both do important work.

Last Edited:
NRA, GOA, SAF... they're different clubs in the golf bag for different applications. Saying only one can be good is like insisting you only need a 7-iron to do the full PGA Tour. :)

Each has a specific role and specific angle they're better at than the others.

Spoken like someone on the NRA's payroll.

Pretty sad that if you criticize the NRA, you are automatically labelled as a Bloomberg plant. No wonder we lost this vote. Too many NRA worshiping Fudds.

And look at the NRA's recent victories in Colorado, NY, Maryland, er, oops. Nevermind.

Shameful remarks for a pro gun person.
I wish I was on their Payroll. Couldn't be with a better Organization.

Seems that the NRA would fight the good fight in any state regardless if they falsely believe that everyone there has given up. Are they leaders or just a group who likes to take your money and pretend like they're doing something good for the 2nd amendment??

the NRA really does quite a lot, you're just not aware of it.

congressional bill lobbying
http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/clientbills.php?id=D000000082&year=2014

congressional races, nra
http://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/recips.php?cmte=C00053553&cycle=2014

congressional races, nra-ila
http://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/recips.php?cmte=C90013301&cycle=2014

the NRA helped deliver an all-red congress, to hopefully ensure a 2a-friendly SCOTUS if any more justices retire. and help with any federal legislation.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top