JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it only takes an idiot to build an empire like trump has then we would be in the middle of a country full of billionaires...

Like it or not, this country of our runs more like a corporation then a country. Trump might be the guy to stick at the steering wheel for awhile.

Will he do stupid stuff that enrages people? Sure! Every president in my lifetime has had a long list of people who hated/disagreed with them.

He points out a lot of junk that needs to be fixed and I don't think he cares what people think of him- which is the polar opposite of all the others.

I don't doubt the man is smart. He did build an empire. That he is able to handle the big jobs is hardly questionable. He's also smart enough and has enough balls to say exactly what many people have been dying to hear from a politician for a long time. Even I like what he's saying, but...

The man himself concerns me when it comes to the position of President. Being smart isn't enough. Having attitude isn't enough. Having amazing hair, isn't enough ;) To some extent, you have to be self-absorbed to take the office of President. You have to believe you're better than everyone else, in short, you have to be arrogant. And Trump certainly has that (as do most, if not all the others).

But more than those others, I think Trump is in it for his own personal gain. I still don't buy that he actually believes in everything he's saying. I think he sees the office of President as a business deal, one that will ultimately greatly benefit him personally.

I'm glad he's saying the things he's saying, he's one of the few that have had the guts to do so. But I really can't see him holding the office of President.

ANYONE who seeks that office is in it for personal gain. Why would ANYONE spend millions upon millions (upon millions) of dollars to run for election to a position that pays $400k? Follow the money... o_O

Absolutely. But I think each one is in it for a different kind of personal gain. I think Trump's personal gain is more about what Trump can get for himself and future business dealings. For someone like Hillary, I think it's more than just money. For her, I believe it's power and control, control over all of us. I think she's a bigger and more dangerous megalomaniac than even Trump in that respect.

Yes, you are right, they are all in it for personal gain, but I think we have to look past more than just the money. And that is where we need to be the most concerned.

I dont think strict GC contributed to this but it didn't stop it which according to the anti-gun zealots lies, it should have.

Agreed.

We need to be intellectually honest with ourselves.

There have been a number of civilians who were armed at a few of the mass shootings, who didn't use their firearm against the "active shooter".

Just having a gun isn't always enough, you have to be willing to engage the shooter, and you have to be in the right place too.

Given the little I understand about France, I don't think that even if their gun laws were not so strict, that there would have been people at these places that were attacked that would have been armed, much less willing and able to respond.

If there had been, the number of innocent people killed and injured probably would have been about the same.

I am NOT saying that people shouldn't carry firearms, or that they shouldn't respond to criminals/terrorists/et. al. - I am saying that we all have the right to have firearms and that this right doesn't depend on unlikely scenarios like this happening when we just happen to be carrying a firearm with us.

I dont think strict GC contributed to this but it didn't stop it which according to the anti-gun zealots lies, it should have.

Agreed.

We need to be intellectually honest with ourselves.

There have been a number of civilians who were armed at a few of the mass shootings, who didn't use their firearm against the "active shooter".

Just having a gun isn't always enough, you have to be willing to engage the shooter, and you have to be in the right place too.

Given the little I understand about France, I don't think that even if their gun laws were not so strict, that there would have been people at these places that were attacked that would have been armed, much less willing and able to respond.

If there had been, the number of innocent people killed and injured probably would have been about the same.

I am NOT saying that people shouldn't carry firearms, or that they shouldn't respond to criminals/terrorists/et. al. - I am saying that we all have the right to have firearms and that this right doesn't depend on unlikely scenarios like this happening when we just happen to be carrying a firearm with us.

ANYONE who seeks that office is in it for personal gain. Why would ANYONE spend millions upon millions (upon millions) of dollars to run for election to a position that pays $400k? Follow the money... o_O
The Clinton's lived in public housing virtually all their career. Look at the fortune they made after they left office.
And you know hobama is going to leverage his influence with all the loonies and gays on the left and make a great fortune when he leaves office. Look at the doors that have been opened for him all his strange life.

Trump already has a great fortune. He built it in the private sector. He is a great fixer. Powerful, successful men seek greatness. They aren't only motivated by money. A self made billionaire is a big dang deal for sure, but 'immortality' in history? Being 45th President of the USA would definitely reach that for Trump.
No candidate is perfect. They all have their warts. Trump's appear to be his outspokenness and sometimes rough around the edges because he speaks off the cuff. Or maybe because he doesn't give a crap. Regardless those things are minor. Esp compared to his Major achievements - through two difficult recessions btw - which are a track record no other candidate has. And look at the family he has produced - those are three really great children. Plus he is hard hitting on REAL issues.
This is why he has my attention.

I think Trump's personal gain is more about what Trump can get for himself and future business dealings. .
I disagree.

You really think he would go through all the mess of running for office, stepping down to live in the WH, just for future business dealings?
Put up with the jealous idiots, the ignorant, and the leftists who are already slinging mud at him since he started his campaign??

With 9-10 B Net worth, a name known around the world, top properties around the world, he could simply continue leveraging and building on top of that success without all the hassle of public office and hater's foolish drivel.

I don't think you've thought your response through...

The French already have had their rights taken away from a domestic threat and like obammy says we love Europe and need to be more like them. So our Domestic threat continues. At least Trump has the guts and the balls stand up against the elite status quo Love him or hate him it's the status quo that will take our 2a rights without hesitation.

Last Edited:
I disagree.

You really think he would go through all the mess of running for office, stepping down to live in the WH, just for future business dealings?
Put up with the jealous idiots, the ignorant, and the leftists who are already slinging mud at him since he started his campaign??

With 9-10 B Net worth, a name known around the world, top properties around the world, he could simply continue leveraging and building on top of that success without all the hassle of public office and hater's foolish drivel.

I don't think you've thought your response through...

I have thought it through. I've been doing so for a while. I stand by my opinion on him. I know others won't agree. That's the nice thing about opinions - you don't have to agree with mine.

Tell me this, when he's NOT running for President, what has he been doing to better this country? I mean, other than running his businesses or being a TV star, does he spend any time, money or effort outside of the current campaign, trying to make this country a better place? Has he tried to fight bad legislation? Has he proposed any good legislation and worked with folks in congress to help make something happen? Some of the other folks, say Cruz, Rubio and others, have been working to make change for the country - of course to their benefit too, but there is a focus on the country. Outside of this campaign, Trump doesn't really seem to be interested in any of that.

Yes, not much you can do about suicide vests, however, you may have limited the number of shooting victims if responded with lethal force.

That is true. Didn't mean to diminish the need to fight back for individuals. In fact, an enraged unarmed mob could wipe out a team of killers. Messed up my knee taking Southnarc's ECQC class last month. The 2 vs 1 evolutions, where two people attack a gunbearer, were eye-opening in how hard it was to effectively use a firearm against committed unarmed attackers.

That said - we have had 15 years+of this crap - really stupid political/military strategy that has taken the problem from a few hundred a-holes taking refuge in Afghanistan to a freaking WWW111 scenario, complete with massive refugee flows, demolished whole nations, and attacks in the center of Europe. I blame the Iraq invasion (Bush) and putting the war on auto-drone instead of shutting it down (Obama). And the rest of us completely ignoring our duty as citizens to demand accountability, while letting the soldiers and families carry the whole load.

I disagree.

I think he is doing this purely for his ego and lust for power.

Many billionaires lust for more money, but his actions and words scream "EGO" to me.

Of course, I think almost all politicians lust for power and have huge egos - it is all about them, not about serving.

But Trump trumps them all - pun intended.

I think he is doing this purely for his ego and lust for power.

Many billionaires lust for more money, but his actions and words scream "EGO" to me.

Of course, I think almost all politicians lust for power and have huge egos - it is all about them, not about serving.

But Trump trumps them all - pun intended.

dito for hildabeast

dito for hildabeast

Double ditto. I think she is worse than Trump because she is smart enough to not say the things he does. She comes across to liberals as the "smart woman" vs. the bellicose misogynist idiot Trump plays.

Idiots are dangerous, but smart people who lust for power and know how to use it to their own ends, who are not afraid to do whatever it takes to get it and then use it, who don't care about others, who have no integrity - those smart people are infinitely more dangerous. That's how I see Ms. Clinton. She's been there and done that and she wants more yet. Very dangerous.

OK, wudda, cudda, shudda..... Some will argue that someone having a gun in a mass shooting won't make a difference, some argue it would, some argue that it's impossible to know, and yet others argue it would just make the situation worse and not actually save any lives.

Answer me this: is there a single example of an individual with a CCW in close proximity of a mass shooting (we know they have been close to several incidents) who has been killed by a mass shooter, or actually made the situation worse? o_O

I don't recall hearing anything in the media (who would SURELY laud it to the heavens) if there had been in order to make the case that CCW are pointless and make things worse. :rolleyes:

The ENTIRE REASON to have a CCW is for PERSONAL protection, not to be Wyatt Earp "saving" the masses. Making the point that a CCW is no good against a suicide bomb is analogous to making that point about the WTC on 9-11... o_O

I have thought it through. I've been doing so for a while. I stand by my opinion on him. I know others won't agree. That's the nice thing about opinions - you don't have to agree with mine.

Tell me this, when he's NOT running for President, what has he been doing to better this country? Outside of this campaign, Trump doesn't really seem to be interested in any of that.
rofl Because he's not a professional politician that has been living off the taxpayer all his life like the others.
Carry on.

I know. And that bothers some people.

I don't care. Frankly huge success takes huge ego. Or at least huge drive which is often accompanied by huge ego.
I've been around a number of successful self made people and when they are "on stage" they often display a large ego. It drives them and it inspires many, while some are turned off and can't get beyond that to even hear them.
Ironically, when "off stage" and in person, like at a bbq, many of them are very genuine people that are very generous as well. Some of them are real jerks. FWIW

I'm still watching, but I could care less about his ego. I'm not hiring a Pres to be my minister, for his ego, or his personality. I'm hiring a Pres to LEAD our Country out of its deep effing RUT, and to protect it. So we'll see...
Carry on.

rofl Because he's not a professional politician that has been living off the taxpayer all his life like the others.
Carry on.

I don't have anything against the rights of non-politicians to run for office. But the point I'm making is not that he's lacking experience, but just like so many others, suddenly they're all concerned about the country and are pushing their sudden interest in all things political. If we're going to select someone to run our country, it would be nice to know that patriotism means something to them when the cameras aren't on them 24/7. It all comes out in the election year, where is it the rest of the time?

Again, it's just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top