JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These guys were not untrained, and some were wearing suicide vests. Good luck stopping that with your CCH, as you try to get a clear shot in a crowd of 1200. Grow up.
ISIS retains initiative because they understand us, and we don't bother studying them:
a. We lump all 'mooslims' together and are too lazy to study the battlefield.
b. Our politicians, and especially out defense/security industry constantly use these events for short term political and financial gain.
c. We haven't figured out the most basic fact that if you kill one terrorist and ten civilians, you just created hatred for 10 extended families and all their friends.
Sun Tzu said alot of good thing in The Art of War (written 250BCE). This stands out to me tonight:
"Arms are tools of ill omen - to employ them for an extended period of time will bring about calamity."
The fact that you do not practice for such instances, does not apply to everyone else.
I for one would feel very confident in myself to place a shot in the face of anyone up to 100yds with my ccw.
Go out, get some practice in, gain some confidence and ability, then maybe you will start to realize others are just as capable. And please don't make assumptions that "we" are all like you.

Although gun control didn't cause it, the stigma attached to us bitter clingers by the left certainly makes it more likely. How many gun owners now do not carry concealed because they are worried about being looked at as a psycho who needs his gun to feel better about himself? How many are lulled into believing they do not need to worry about such nasty littl inconveniences as terrorism?
Their culture is such that they believe that you do not have the right to defend yourself. That is exactly what did contribute to the numbers, and the belief that you should not have the tools to do so goes hand in hand.
As to people thinking I would try to save the day with my pistol against a rifle wielding terrorist, you are short sighted. My gun is for my families protection, then mine, then anyone else I can help WHILE I am trying to save my children and my wife.

tweet even caught the attention of French ambassador Gérard Araud, who replied from his verified account:

View attachment 263456
Was Trumps comment out of the ordinary and not in keeping with typical stuffed shirt speak -- yes. Is it about time we stop worrying about what's politically correct and start calling things for what they are -- yes.

My guess is that Gerard will still be spewing his political correct rebuttals while one of these folks is busy cutting his head off. When will people wake up to the realities that there are bad people in the world and they have absolutely no issue killing others in the name of a ideology?

These guys were not untrained, and some were wearing suicide vests. Good luck stopping that with your CCH, as you try to get a clear shot in a crowd of 1200. Grow up.
ISIS retains initiative because they understand us, and we don't bother studying them:
a. We lump all 'mooslims' together and are too lazy to study the battlefield.
b. Our politicians, and especially out defense/security industry constantly use these events for short term political and financial gain.
c. We haven't figured out the most basic fact that if you kill one terrorist and ten civilians, you just created hatred for 10 extended families and all their friends.
Sun Tzu said alot of good thing in The Art of War (written 250BCE). This stands out to me tonight:
"Arms are tools of ill omen - to employ them for an extended period of time will bring about calamity."
If 5% of the people at the concert had CHLs and were carrying there would have been roughly 75 armed individuals among the "sheep". With 75 to 4 odds training wouldn't matter much. Think that's too much to expect? About 5% of the people in Oregon have CHLs. Without the idiocy of gun free zones, like concerts and sporting events, these situations would have a different outcome, at least for Oregon.

If 5% of the people at the concert had CHLs and were carrying there would have been roughly 75 armed individuals among the "sheep". With 75 to 4 odds training wouldn't matter much. Think that's too much to expect? About 5% of the people in Oregon have CHLs. Without the idiocy of gun free zones, like concerts and sporting events, these situations would have a different outcome, at least for Oregon.

France is not Oregon and I really doubt that 5% of the population would carry all the time, even if they could.

Then there is the fact that just because 5% of the general population do something, that doesn't mean 5% of a given number of people do that same thing. E.G., 5% of people who don't own guns are unlikely to be carrying a gun, much less a group of people who are anti-gun.

France is not Oregon and I really doubt that 5% of the population would carry all the time, even if they could.

Then there is the fact that just because 5% of the general population do something, that doesn't mean 5% of a given number of people do that same thing. E.G., 5% of people who don't own guns are unlikely to be carrying a gun, much less a group of people who are anti-gun.
OK, suppose there had been 20 armed people at the concert...or 10...or even 5. Different outcome? Or two armed people at Sandy Hook? Or 5 armed people in the Colorado theater? My point is that the illusion of safety in "everyone" being unarmed in public is fast evaporating.

My point is that the illusion of safety in "everyone" being unarmed in public is fast evaporating.

I don't disagree that the idea of eliminating firearms from the world is a fallacy in a number of ways.

I am just saying that given the culture of France and the French, and given the venues that the terrorists attacked, that even if their laws had been a LOT more lax with regards to firearms, I really doubt there would have been even one person there who was armed with a firearm.

In the USA, sure, in France, I really doubt it.

OK, suppose there had been 20 armed people at the concert...or 10...or even 5. Different outcome? Or two armed people at Sandy Hook? Or 5 armed people in the Colorado theater? My point is that the illusion of safety in "everyone" being unarmed in public is fast evaporating.

Either that or not as many blades of grass

OK, wudda, cudda, shudda..... Some will argue that someone having a gun in a mass shooting won't make a difference, some argue it would, some argue that it's impossible to know, and yet others argue it would just make the situation worse and not actually save any lives.

Answer me this: is there a single example of an individual with a CCW in close proximity of a mass shooting (we know they have been close to several incidents) who has been killed by a mass shooter, or actually made the situation worse? o_O

I don't recall hearing anything in the media (who would SURELY laud it to the heavens) if there had been in order to make the case that CCW are pointless and make things worse. :rolleyes:

The ENTIRE REASON to have a CCW is for PERSONAL protection, not to be Wyatt Earp "saving" the masses. Making the point that a CCW is no good against a suicide bomb is analogous to making that point about the WTC on 9-11... o_O

Wyatt Earp comment is spot one, but the point remains that a few French Citizens with handguns likely could have evened the balance just a little--perhaps save some lives. Considering all the carnage it seems probable that fewer people would have died.

As an aside comment the French made their policy towards gun control to fight criminals, I think; let them live and die with their policy, however ineffective it may be. I'm thinking that ISIS attacks non-military strongholds and targets civilians that the fight will be in the streets where civilians will encounter ISIS--where the police or military will be minutes away.

Although gun control didn't cause it, the stigma attached to us bitter clingers by the left certainly makes it more likely. How many gun owners now do not carry concealed because they are worried about being looked at as a psycho who needs his gun to feel better about himself? How many are lulled into believing they do not need to worry about such nasty littl inconveniences as terrorism?
Their culture is such that they believe that you do not have the right to defend yourself. That is exactly what did contribute to the numbers, and the belief that you should not have the tools to do so goes hand in hand.
As to people thinking I would try to save the day with my pistol against a rifle wielding terrorist, you are short sighted. My gun is for my families protection, then mine, then anyone else I can help WHILE I am trying to save my children and my wife.

When your life is all group think and live by central planners the thought of thinking and acting as an individual and especially taking personal responsibility makes the left head for there safe places waiting for someone else to take care of them, poor babies

The only minority under assault in America is the "Individual"

When your life is all group think and live by central planners the thought of thinking and acting as an individual and especially taking personal responsibility makes the left head for there safe places waiting for someone else to take care of them, poor babies

The only minority under assault in America is the "Individual"

This is worldwide and present in the statements by the French officials where they indeed talk about the "collective" defense and so on - there were at least a half dozen references to something along these lines in the one statement I read.

The fact that you do not practice for such instances, does not apply to everyone else.
I for one would feel very confident in myself to place a shot in the face of anyone up to 100yds with my ccw.
Go out, get some practice in, gain some confidence and ability, then maybe you will start to realize others are just as capable. And please don't make assumptions that "we" are all like you.
That's some tall talkin' but I believe you. With a very good handgun, a good man can hit a grapefruit, every time, at 100 yards.

isis joke.JPG

Pet peeve: every time people are killed in this way all I hear is "tragic." Can we pick another noun/adjective to describe this than tragedy/tragic? This is like writing a paper and using the same descriptor repeatedly. I'd say a tragedy is better suited for accidents, like a car crash that wipes out a family is tragic, but that's just me.

On another note, I still don't stand with France. They did this to themselves. Want your "Democracy?" I'm holding all of you (referring to the French) responsible for your voting habits.

*Note: I don't, myself, believe in democracy.

This is worldwide and present in the statements by the French officials where they indeed talk about the "collective" defense and so on - there were at least a half dozen references to something along these lines in the one statement I read.

I am not talking about defense I am talking about a mind set of liberty and freedom for the individual. Period

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top