JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Q. "Why isn't he meeting with the sponsors of National Reciprocity or the Hearing Protection Act???"
A. It's because he lied in the campaign when he claimed to be the biggest 2nd Amendment supporter.

Personally, I was one of the gullible voters who actually believed him.

Q. "Why isn't he meeting with the sponsors of National Reciprocity or the Hearing Protection Act???"
A. It's because he lied in the campaign when he claimed to be the biggest 2nd Amendment supporter.

Same here.

It is too bad at least some pro-2A legislation passed when there was a chance. Nationwide CCW and the beneficial SHARE Act (which contained the Hearing Protect Act) would have been two good options. But there is zero chance of either seeing the light of day for the foreseeable future.

Not sure it was a lie: "Biggest 2A supporter" by comparison only!

To be honest, he was never my guy from the start. I never trusted him or particularly liked him. I voted for him because he wasn't Hillary, and I will do it again, because frankly we have no other option, and he has done better than I expected.

You guys were expecting WAY too much if you were expecting a hard-line 2A president. By comparison, imagine where we'd be now with Hillary in the White House?

Not sure it was a lie: "Biggest 2A supporter" by comparison only!

To be honest, he was never my guy from the start. I never trusted him or particularly liked him. I voted for him because he wasn't Hillary, and I will do it again, because frankly we have no other option, and he has done better than I expected.

You guys were expecting WAY too much if you were expecting a hard-line 2A president. By comparison, imagine where we'd be now with Hillary in the White House?

That's the dilemma. Vote for a Communist who promises to ban everything or vote for Trump who will just take away less of our gun rights. Lousy choices..... Our politics sucks...

Would it have been any better for some of y'all if Hillary had won? :rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:

Of course Trump lied, he's a NYC Politician.

What gets me is that of the top 5 candidates last election cycle, 3 of them were from the NY State (Trump, Clinton, and Jill Stein); while Bernie was from VT... and then you have Gary Johnson from Arizona.....

It sure seems to me that the NE were overreepresented in terms of Presidential candidates:rolleyes:

I too had hopes originally that there might have been some genuine compromises where we get something in return.

Compromise means both sides get something, this is just slowly being conquered and relegated to the persecuted minority.

Maybe they just wanna keep the prison population high when they let all the drug offenders out? :eek:

The left's idea of a compromise is... they hold you up for the $100 you have in your wallet, but compromise and only take $50, then make plans to come back for the other $50 later...

While I don't think folks should immediately change votes come 2020.

I will say this shows how Trump is willing to give up some things to get what he wants more in other political aspects.

He negotiates like no other, this is likely some bargaining tool to get what he wants with something else.

Notice how they haven't said anything lately on the mainstream news about him circumventing the dems to get the wall built. Bet somewhere, we lost something for that one.

As long as 1,000 miles of border wall is attached to any new gun control bill, I would consider supporting it. Negotiating 101, don't give away something for nothing.

That's the dilemma. Vote for a Communist who promises to ban everything or vote for Trump who will just take away less of our gun rights. Lousy choices..... Our politics sucks...
We reap what we sow, that's just the way it is... we want better candidates, we need to restore this nations morals, values and then get them educated so they understand the law of the land. Stop the payouts from lobbyists... Then perhaps we'll have some decent choices in candidates.

I say vote that Beto (look up the definition of that name on urban dictionary )guy who wants to confiscate everything. Tired of this nickle and dime crap, time to try and come get them.

POTUS is not a gun guy. The only thing restraining him from caving in further to the antis is the 2020 election, he doesn't want to lose. If he is elected for a 2nd term you can be sure he will no longer feel it necessary to tread lightly around our rights. Our rights will simply be a tool to negotiate whatever other items he wants done. Despite this I am still going to vote for him because the alternative will be worse for our rights. We are truly going to be facing a lesser of two evils choice in 2020 when it comes to our rights.

I here people here and there talk about a pendulum that swings back in forth in the populace. I am not convinced that this pendulum will swing back in our favor in the future. In addition to this pessimistic view of the POTUS, I am not convinced the SCOTUS is going to be there for us. The SCOTUS should clear a unambiguous path for us to enjoy our rights so that these rights will not be tossed around in a packed court which could happen in our near future if the anti party takes over in DC.

Trump must be thinking his waffling around our gun rights is going to secure him some independent voters that will more than compensate for the hardcore 2A voters he is going to lose. I hope he is right. I want to see China's influence knocked down a few pegs and it isn't going to happen under any other POTUS that I see in the lineup.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top