JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
And ORS 166.262 which is actually relevant to the Sheriffs as it applies to ORS 166.250 and 166.260
this was all I saw in OSSAs reply.
1690055805466.png

Whats interesting is ORS166.262 actually refers to CHLs being exempt from carrying "a firearm"...
so that actually supports the CHL can be used to include other firearms like rifles.

this was all I saw in OSSAs reply.
View attachment 1457671

Whats interesting is ORS166.262 actually refers to CHLs being exempt from carrying "a firearm"...
so that actually supports the CHL can be used to include other firearms like rifles.

Indeed. The deliberate usage of the term "firearm" in both ORS 166.250 (1) (a) and ORS 166.262 is no accident :rolleyes:

No you didn't. What you said was

"It's not an OR statue. It is a legal principle/standard established in the 19th century in the case of Vaughn v. Menlove... applicable to all law interpretation."

The bold part is mine, and you may have intended to say "first" but it's not in there. And I did 'edify ' myself, and what I came up with is that it is not applicable to all law interpretation and really only applies to civil / liability issues
You're correct. I meant "established" to mean... "first".... vs... "re"-establshed, "second"-established or "further"-established. I thought it was a given that "established" meant... "first". My bad!

(Isn't that kind of like saying, "my hot water heater"?? 🤪)

So it is your contention that "reasonable understanding" should be confined only to civil/liability issues and "unreasonable understanding" may apply to the interpretation of any other U.S. law..... gotcha!! :s0140:

Sorry, but I'm done with that, buddy. Enjoy your day.👍

So to sum up, @RX-79G considers Persons not affected by to be ambiguous.. what is your opinion on "shall not be infringed"? Do you actually own any guns?

So it is your contention that "reasonable understanding" should be confined only to civil/liability issues and "unreasonable understanding" may apply to the interpretation of any other U.S. law..... gotcha!!
No, it is my understanding that the courts in the United States confine it to only civil/liability issues and my opinion doesn't matter

Not much of a gotcha if you ask me :rolleyes:

No, it is my understanding that the courts in the United States confine it only to civil/liability issues and my opinion doesn't matter

Not much of a gotcha if you ask me :rolleyes:
So.... Back to the topic. Do you have any ORS that says 166.260 Persons not affected by ORS 166.250 doesn't apply?

166.250 Unlawful possession of firearms. (1) Except as otherwise provided in this section or ORS 166.260, 166.270, 166.273, 166.274, 166.291, 166.292 or 166.410 to 166.470, a person commits the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm if the person knowingly:

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top