JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing on the driver's license identifies a CHL holder. It is when the Officer runs your license plate or driver's license through their computer or dispatch. It will then pop up. Unless something has changed in the last couple years. I retired in 2020.

It is obvious the police can ID a chl holder by looking at the ODL. What is the identification on the drivers license that is telling? Thx
Oregon doesn't identify a chl holder on a drivers license - as said above - it's tied to your DMV records via a call in...

But there are many other states that do have a code on the license itself that id a holder.

It populates when they run your drivers license.

If it was printed on the DL, and you lost your CHL because you are a woman beater then your physical DL would be out of date. Electronic system is faster to be modified.

Before I was a CHL holder an officer asked me if I was carrying in Oregon. Also got asked that a lot in CA when I lived there.
They all have a computer now and should be running the tag before they even get out. So they get the registered owners info. Guessing RO had a permit, license shows RO, so they ask. Now if you don't have a permit and they are asking maybe how you look? Do you have pro2A stickers on the vehicle or such?
Last time I interacted it was a break down on freeway. I was waiting for AAA. I had permit, license, Reg, insurance info, all ready as I figured some Trooper would stop. When I tried to hand it to the one who did she just waved it away. Sure she had run my tag. Just said she was checking to see if I was OK and when I said breakdown and AAA she waved and left.

What are you people doing to warrant talking to the fuzz? :s0002:
Right! 450K+ miles in 20 years and I've spoken to them 4 times (window tint, too low, 'looked suspicious', didn't have headlights on)

Paranoia runs deep with some.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads