JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i carry one at 8pm im a lefty and one in the front right pocket. or i carry one in both front pockets depends on what i carry i carry extra mag in my back right pocket

I do. Its not unreasonable. I carry an LCP IWB for deep concealment and a Glock 23 either in my pack or on my belt and if the 23 is on my belt I keep the LCP in my left coat pocket. It is always possible that you could lose your primary, be in a standoff with multiple armed bad guys or you could be in the presence of a person you know who has experience and have a need for a second firearm for that person (I would only recommend this if you trust your life to that person like I do with my best friend to whom I have passed on all of my not inconsiderable firearms knowledge). I never leave the house without at least one gun and 2 knives on me, a baton, 3 quality flashlights, extra batteries, a compass, pepper spray, cuffs (I work security), three topped off spare mags (2 for the 23 and 1 for the LCP) and full first aid kit in my pack. My trunk contains various other invaluable items like jumper cables, umbrellas, etc. Although I don't believe that everyone needs to do this, it doesn't negatively impact my life or anyone else's, yet I and the people close to me know every day that I have the knowledge, skills, training and tools to deal with nearly any situation short of the Russians invading, and there is nothing wrong with that.

tl;dr as long as you know how to use your tools, carry everything that you can so long as it doesn't impair you/others. It is better to have stuff you don't need than not have it when you absolutely need it

I have a dream to one day have a drop leg for my G19, SOB for the G29, OWB for my 4" 1911, Shoulder rig for the full size 1911 and a cross draw for my .357.

For now I just carry an extra mag.

does anyone think of carrying a back up or am i a little paranoid :huh::s0131:

I make it a habit to always carry a revolver for back up. A semi auto can carry more rounds but can jam, if that happens you drop it (it should be on a lanyard) and pull the wheel gun. If a wheel gun has a misfire you just keep pulling the trigger and sooner or later you will get a good round. I also carry 2 clips for the 45 I carry and 3 speed loaders for the wheel gun. Just all habit but I feel naked without it. I have once been stopped by the police or sheriffs here in Idaho but Ive had a few strike up convos just to talk about guns and what I'm carrying. I open carry every day here in Coeur D' alene. I carry this all on a Blackhawk drop leg set up.

I forgot to mention what I carry, an FN 45 tactical in olive drab and a ruger sp100, in 357.

Mostly I need a rig like this during the summer when the Yahoos from spokane show up and cause trouble.

Last Edited:
I always carry, I don't see that being paranoid at all. That is simply being prepared. If I must travel to a location I am unsure of, or something of the like, I'll carry a BUG. Just being more prepared.

One person's paranoid, is another's preparedness plan, is another's proof of insanity, is another's...........................................

For me, it's paranoid, but my opinion doesn't count when it comes to your peace of mind. If it makes you feel more secure, I say do it.

9MM Firestar or Detective BHP 9MM as 2nd, third can sometimes be be a 32 or 380. if I am going somewhere dangerous I wear soft armor, too. Reloads for all, as well as a good folding fighting knife (unlike many I know how to use one)

I also carry a sturdy walking stick most places

I only carry a glock 26... with a 32 round magazine.
6a00e0097f1b5f883300e55.jpg

I make it a habit to always carry a revolver for back up. A semi auto can carry more rounds but can jam, if that happens you drop it (it should be on a lanyard) and pull the wheel gun. If a wheel gun has a misfire you just keep pulling the trigger and sooner or later you will get a good round.

Semi-autos are known to have a few jamming scenarios, and people train to work through them. Wheeler guns are also known to have a few (perhaps fewer) jamming scenarios, and those are typically fatal.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top