JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i carry one at 8pm im a lefty and one in the front right pocket. or i carry one in both front pockets depends on what i carry i carry extra mag in my back right pocket

I do. Its not unreasonable. I carry an LCP IWB for deep concealment and a Glock 23 either in my pack or on my belt and if the 23 is on my belt I keep the LCP in my left coat pocket. It is always possible that you could lose your primary, be in a standoff with multiple armed bad guys or you could be in the presence of a person you know who has experience and have a need for a second firearm for that person (I would only recommend this if you trust your life to that person like I do with my best friend to whom I have passed on all of my not inconsiderable firearms knowledge). I never leave the house without at least one gun and 2 knives on me, a baton, 3 quality flashlights, extra batteries, a compass, pepper spray, cuffs (I work security), three topped off spare mags (2 for the 23 and 1 for the LCP) and full first aid kit in my pack. My trunk contains various other invaluable items like jumper cables, umbrellas, etc. Although I don't believe that everyone needs to do this, it doesn't negatively impact my life or anyone else's, yet I and the people close to me know every day that I have the knowledge, skills, training and tools to deal with nearly any situation short of the Russians invading, and there is nothing wrong with that.

tl;dr as long as you know how to use your tools, carry everything that you can so long as it doesn't impair you/others. It is better to have stuff you don't need than not have it when you absolutely need it

I have a dream to one day have a drop leg for my G19, SOB for the G29, OWB for my 4" 1911, Shoulder rig for the full size 1911 and a cross draw for my .357.

For now I just carry an extra mag.

does anyone think of carrying a back up or am i a little paranoid :huh::s0131:

I make it a habit to always carry a revolver for back up. A semi auto can carry more rounds but can jam, if that happens you drop it (it should be on a lanyard) and pull the wheel gun. If a wheel gun has a misfire you just keep pulling the trigger and sooner or later you will get a good round. I also carry 2 clips for the 45 I carry and 3 speed loaders for the wheel gun. Just all habit but I feel naked without it. I have once been stopped by the police or sheriffs here in Idaho but Ive had a few strike up convos just to talk about guns and what I'm carrying. I open carry every day here in Coeur D' alene. I carry this all on a Blackhawk drop leg set up.

I forgot to mention what I carry, an FN 45 tactical in olive drab and a ruger sp100, in 357.

Mostly I need a rig like this during the summer when the Yahoos from spokane show up and cause trouble.

Last Edited:
I always carry, I don't see that being paranoid at all. That is simply being prepared. If I must travel to a location I am unsure of, or something of the like, I'll carry a BUG. Just being more prepared.

One person's paranoid, is another's preparedness plan, is another's proof of insanity, is another's...........................................

For me, it's paranoid, but my opinion doesn't count when it comes to your peace of mind. If it makes you feel more secure, I say do it.

9MM Firestar or Detective BHP 9MM as 2nd, third can sometimes be be a 32 or 380. if I am going somewhere dangerous I wear soft armor, too. Reloads for all, as well as a good folding fighting knife (unlike many I know how to use one)

I also carry a sturdy walking stick most places

I only carry a glock 26... with a 32 round magazine.
6a00e0097f1b5f883300e55.jpg

I make it a habit to always carry a revolver for back up. A semi auto can carry more rounds but can jam, if that happens you drop it (it should be on a lanyard) and pull the wheel gun. If a wheel gun has a misfire you just keep pulling the trigger and sooner or later you will get a good round.

Semi-autos are known to have a few jamming scenarios, and people train to work through them. Wheeler guns are also known to have a few (perhaps fewer) jamming scenarios, and those are typically fatal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top