JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry every day, every where I go I almost never fly any more, so it's not really an issue for me, but I would check one with me if I did. When driving, I always have it on me, wife mostly has hers on her, and there are two rifles in the rig, One full size battle rifle, and one carbine, and some times a take down shotty! ! My Jeep and my other daily driver have secure compartments specifically for this, so no excuse to not have them with us. It doesn't matter if I am just going down to the mail box, or half way across the country, I'm armed, even in Kommy land! Better to beg forgiveness, then ask permission, and better to be tried by 12 then carried by 6, and before you comment at the risk and foolishness, know that I value the gift of life far more then a messed up state's messed up laws, and will face my true Judgement long after the courts are done with me, and I will not be found wrong!

. I will take exception to the statement that you can check OC spray. It is specifically prohibited by Alaska which is what we fly all the time anyway. Maybe other airlines are different.

Just another day in our travels.

You're right I had not noticed that. Last time I flew I just looked at the TSA info. I don't remember for sure if it had the little disclaimer about the airline but it sure does now. Makes me wonder if one of the airline employee's is there when the x-ray and open the luggage or if it's just the TSA guys. Next time I fly I will of course still have some in the luggage. I guess if there is an employee of the airline they will take it out and toss it.

We are not going to a course like we normally do in Nevada, rather house hunting. Were I to fly I would take a nine, likely my old LC9 as you would have to find ammo for it at the destination. It has a long trigger pull, but I know that. It is cheap and reliable. 9 MM easy to buy.

When traveling to different cities to catch a cruise I do not take any guns at all not even a knife. When traveling up to Canada to see Jasper and Banff not guns are allowed. In retrospect I should have take bear spray when I visited the parks since you can take bear spray up into Canada. You take your spray back over the boarder when you leave. I did have a chance to travel to Europe back in 2016 and we took a cruise from Barcelona Spain over to Italy with various stops in Italy and France. I am a big fan of history and enjoyed the Vatican Museum, and seeing the old Roman forum ruins and the Roman Colosseum. I probably will not be traveling back to Europe ever again.

Why not? Just learn Arabic! :D

Most of my travel is in Oregon so something goes everywhere. Our trip to Nashville was gun free, checked a knife in the luggage and bought some OC when we got there. The trip to NV / AZ checked a 9mm in the luggage. Just another day. I will take exception to the statement that you can check OC spray. It is specifically prohibited by Alaska which is what we fly all the time anyway. Maybe other airlines are different.

In state travels day trips of more than 50 miles, my EDC, the wifes EDC and a .380 in her door pocket. A 4 inch hunting knife in my door pocket, OC spray in my pocket and one in the console. Usually a .22 Remington semi rifle under the back seat.

If we make the Central Oregon trip then a bigger long gun, or two, or three goes since there will be shooting while we are there. An AR in a case with a fully loaded mag ready to ram home right there.

Just another day in our travels.

Not so effective now days, cause I'm old and messed up, but I still carry an old style, wooden handle E tool in the vehicle! Gosh! I dunno why, but it seems to be jammed in the open position! o_O

I haven't flown commercially for years because I refuse to go through the humiliation of being treated like cheap cattle on the way to the slaughterhouse...moo! I drive or take the train (clickity clack..clickity clack is a great sleeping pill). I carry either way because Amtrak doesn't search baggage unless you're crossing over to Canada. I have OR, UT, and AZ permits: as long as I stay out of California I'm good.

Yes, from road trips to faraway places in the USA reached by airplane, I carry everywhere all the time. Since I have a 50-state CCW because of my LE profession, it makes my determination to be armed all the time everywhere I go much easier.

You're right I had not noticed that. Last time I flew I just looked at the TSA info. I don't remember for sure if it had the little disclaimer about the airline but it sure does now. Makes me wonder if one of the airline employee's is there when the x-ray and open the luggage or if it's just the TSA guys. Next time I fly I will of course still have some in the luggage. I guess if there is an employee of the airline they will take it out and toss it.

The toads that handle the luggage are employees of the company's the airlines hire for logistics. That gets them out of paying decent wages, good benefits and all. Just move the luggage fast, don't bend the airplanes and try not to rip off the luggage. The airline is not going to pay for somebody to stand there with the TSA jerk offs and rustle through your gear. They barely have enough people to lose your luggage for you.

I get the full routine with TSA. One metal knee joint is enough to start the process. I get wipe downs, everything. I am sure it has nothing to do with buying guns and being in a database.

The next thing is going to be laptops and other electronic devices with lithium ion batteries. They are banning any lithium ion batteries in the cargo holds on flights to Europe. Probably not long before that happens domestically. I guess with them in the passenger cabin you can at least try and control a battery fire, cargo hold not so much.

Sadly, that depends entirely upon where I'm traveling and what I'll be doing along the way. In places where open and/or concealed carry are verboten, I'm not comfortable locking a firearm in any vehicle (a rolling safe with glass windows).

My suitcase is a very large Pelican Lite case. I take a gun in that case everywhere I can. The gun allows me to put REAL padlocks on the entire case. It's the legal way around "only TSA approved locks on cases," which keeps nobody out.

My suitcase is a very large Pelican Lite case. I take a gun in that case everywhere I can. The gun allows me to put REAL padlocks on the entire case. It's the legal way around "only TSA approved locks on cases," which keeps nobody out.
Seriously, normal padlocks on a Pelican are allowed by TSA? I didn't know that.

I hope I would not have to wonder if my buddy was packing, or if this was a day he thought he didn't need to.

That'll be the day your buddy sez, "Heck, Wayno's always carrying. He'll protect me."

That'll be the day your buddy sez, "Heck, Wayno's always carrying. He'll protect me."
Or you both could just think like the other side and say if anything happens we'll just call the police they will protect us LOL BLA HAHAHA I know people that think that way I know a guy who said my house is one block from the police station I don't need a gun if I call they will be there in about a minute lol

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top