JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So far, only personal travel has been ID & WA, and yes, bring CC, rifles and shotguns. Since I'm driving, it isn't a problem.
Business travel is 95% of my excursions, and I do NOT bring EDC for the simple reason that my company specifically forbids it (as do most of my clients' sites). I have, on multiple occasions, brought rifles along for target shooting while on the road.
Will be going to FL in 9 months for personal, so think it's time to get my FL CC permit.

The only time I found taking my carry piece with me has been Austin Texas.
Pretty much everywhere we went prohibited carry, so after our second hour in down, it lived in the hotel.

Unfortunately or fortunately, we live in SW OR USA. Zero law enforcement most of the time. The State Police, if they decide to respond, are at times over one hour away. We all pretty much conceal carry 16 hours a day. Licenses. We need to. Bad or good, depending upon your point of view. When moving around there is always something with us. Yikes!

Last Edited:
I don't travel much outside of OR and WA, and I'm permitted to carry in both, so yes, 100% in those states.

Outside of that, depends on the destination. My last out of state trip was for work to Chicago, so since that's a no-go, then no, no gun with me. Same went for Baltimore and Florida (for the 2 cruises - no guns allowed).

I will always bring my gun where it's legal to do so - difficult or not.

I recently started finding shooting classes in the area of wherever I'm flying to so I'm always taking something with me. Usually two Pelican cases worth of gear.

Last week I had to go to Oregon and I left my normal glovebox gun at home and had my unloaded carry gun in the trunk in my bag with a mag in my glovebox or in my pocket.

By definition, I only take my gun while/when travelling.
you can't really take your gun when you are not travelling
so yes

A "smart" guy in every thread. What was the point of this post?? Clearly it is not meant in the context of traveling through your daily routine 5 miles from your home....A concept everyone else BUT you understood...:rolleyes:. So your post is not really relevant to the topic at all.

You ONLY take your gun? SO you go naked, with no phone or clothes, no holster or watch, just your gun? See, I can make ridiculous comments too...

I don't travel much outside of OR and WA, and I'm permitted to carry in both, so yes, 100% in those states.

Outside of that, depends on the destination. My last out of state trip was for work to Chicago, so since that's a no-go, then no, no gun with me. Same went for Baltimore and Florida (for the 2 cruises - no guns allowed).

I will always bring my gun where it's legal to do so - difficult or not.

This is a good point, which I've seen a few others make in the thread as well. I'll be hitting three states that recognize my permit and heck, most of them I'm visiting don't even require a permit. GF is worried about hassle at the airport. We didn't have an issue on the way to Alaska or back. I probably won't need it, but I always worry that something might break out nationally (think 9/11, natural disaster, civil unrest, etc.) and what if we are trapped there with nothing other than rocks and sticks to defend ourselves?

Kinda pointless to not have a gun or rifle or shotgun in the car.

If I'm within 5 miles of home I sometimes will leave it at home - especially if I know we are meeting friends in a bar (even though I don't drink, sometimes the bar is quieter during the times we would go out - no midnight excursions for us, it's too damn hard on the body).

If we go for a trip (almost always in OR or WA) I will pack a rifle or shotgun (as well as a carry pistol) along with an expanded get home bag to include things my wife and daughter won't pack for themselves.

Last thing I want is to be stranded on the side of a dark road with car issues and have a couple meth heads decide to stop and 'help' me.

A "smart" guy in every thread. What was the point of this post?? Clearly it is not meant in the context of traveling through your daily routine 5 miles from your home....A concept everyone else BUT you understood...:rolleyes:. So your post is not really relevant to the topic at all.

You ONLY take your gun? SO you go naked, with no phone or clothes, no holster or watch, just your gun? See, I can make ridiculous comments too...
Why so serious? It was clearly a joke. He jokes around all the time.

Why so serious? It was clearly a joke. He jokes around all the time.

Cranky bunch today.:)

[Quote: WAYNO..
If it's a hassle, you're not serious about carrying. Better to not carry at all.]

Huh?
Where did that come from?

I see this same discussion often, and I experience it from folks near me.

I see it as looking for justification or rationalization to not carry. Maybe it's uncomfortable, maybe it doesn't fit with your clothes, and I hear also, "I'm not going to any bad places that I would need a gun".

So again, if you're looking for excuses not to carry, you're not as serious as I am about the reasons to carry. And yep, that's your choice. The OP did ask my opinion.

There's one more thing. I do not, and will not ever go looking for trouble. I'll even escape it if i can. But should the worst happen, and I find myself in an armed confrontation, I hope I would not have to wonder if my buddy was packing, or if this was a day he thought he didn't need to.

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
I know I like to, especially if I have to defend myself against cougars.

There is a subtle joke in there...

Why not? Check it in, follow TSA packing protocol, make sure it is legal wherever... I guess it's a hassle if you don't want to think about it, or are trying to carry a Deagle.

My junk goes everywhere i go, except Cali....(with competitive exceptions), flying, if my gear is goin with me, im drivin.....i do my research....

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews