JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sigmund Freud, the neurologist and psychiatrist, who categorized and analyzed a number of phobias, was himself afraid of weapons. Being quite respected for quite some time, people ascribed to him a certain wisdom that has actually withstood the test of time. And here is what he thought such a fear of weapons meant.........

10 Well Known People and their Phobias - Top 10 Lists | Listverse

Initially, alot of liberal women fear weapons normally as they dispise anything that shoots, but when they experience a real man, and not an effeminate male, they begin to enjoy things that shoot:) For those effeminate males, they enjoy things that shoot too, but they probably shouldnt as its not normal outside the left coast.

Sigmund Freud thought cocaine was a miracle drug, in the early part of his career, and his book on interpretation of dreams, was partly based on dreams he had while using coke. Maybe he should have changed his name to Sigmund Fraud.

My wife fears guns, but in questionable areas asks me if I'm carrying.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I know lots of rich guys who fear the organized working class...:s0114: on topic, people who fear weapons do so from ignorance...they are tools and used by the wrong people they are bad, but in the right hands fine and dandy.

ya, its not all liberals that dont want us to carry guns. The rich country club republicrats would rather not have the common working jerk carrying a protective piece. You dont have to look any further than how Europe operates. The only ones with guns are the rich in Europe. Whether we wanna recognize it or not thats the avenue we are heading down with hunting areas as its getting harder and harder to find prime ground. You wouldnt believe what they want out here in East Oregon to hunt on their land:(.

I'm right there with deen_ad my wife hates guns but I carry everyday. I used to put my gun on when she wasn't in the room and I dont thinkshe knew I was carrying for a while. Now I just gear up and she doesn't say anything. She accepts me for the paranoid careful man I am!

Freud was imperfect but a genius, no single political orientation has a monopoly on fear, and the only generalization to which I adhere is that people who generalize reveal their ignorance.

Fear is an emotion. Emotions aren't right or wrong, they just are. Emotions can be appropriate or inappropriate, uplifting or paralyzing, but they are not a product of reason.

I have close relatives who are gun-phobic, even though they're also afraid of the bad people in the world. Yes, it's a conundrum, but adults can usually hold mutually incompatible concepts simultaneously without imploding from cognitive dissonance. Or resorting to trite, pithy pronouncements.

They know I'm armed. But because of their sophistication, these gun-phobic relatives of mine who have seen so much death, disease, and decay in the course of their long professional lives can choose to put aside their fears when they're with me. I think they feel much better walking around downtown at night when I'm there with them.

I don't try to change them. But, one at a time, I lightheartedly invite them on "dates" where we can go blast away in the woods, and y'know, they're coming around. Now the guns are just objects, machines, devices - no longer mysterious agents of evil incarnate. They may even choose to own in the future.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top