JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How Well Does The Firearms Community Treat Various Minorities - Multiple Votes Allowed

• In general pretty equally, though some individuals simply clash

Votes: 66 68.0%
  • Racial minorities are excluded poorly treated

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Women are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • LGBTQ people are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • Agnostics, athiests, or people of non Christian religions are excluded or pootly treated

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Members of the political left are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • Younger generations such as "Zoomers" are excluded of poorly treated

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Others not listed are excluded or poorly treated. Please elaborate

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
Well it is not true. What is this?
Why do you attack me and try to insinuate that I am not a legitimate individual who is where he claims to be, without posting proof? Post the proof.
I'm thinking we might be a little too fun here for you. ;)

Andy there is an upstanding citizen . He's not attacking you. Sounds like you might have skin too thin, and be too young for a place like this.

View: https://youtu.be/PVrEwCa8nSA

Oh my...and golly. :rolleyes:

I looked up your IP address....it comes up as Branton in the UK...
Yet...you state that you are from the Ozark Highlands.

No attack....just asked where you are actually from.
And I said...I find it interesting.
Andy
VPN? I regularly use randomized IP's via VPN... just don't usually peruse here with "shields up."

VPN? I regularly use randomized IP's via VPN... just don't usually peruse here with "shields up."
Random VPN's don't usually out you in the same location your forebears come from. Something smelleth a bit of fish, but waiting and watching, might pop some corn.

Just now seeing this 'poll'. Frankly I think the community has usually been welcoming to any and all who want to learn to shoot. I know of many who helped the Pink Pistols, a gay oriented group who encouraged others to learn to shoot and to learn to protect themselves. To me, anyone is welcome to use the bench next to me. Up and til the time they become a danger to others, but we've all seen people be stupid also. None of us should exclude anyone just because of their race, looks or tattoos. We need more people in the fold of the 2A not less.

Thanks! I figured I'd get swarmed and deplatformed for pointing out reality! Im glad to have found a couple forums now that can keep it on topic. I was not trying to flame any other board, per se; but I figured if I am going to be a supporting member anywhere, it should be a place that doesnt hate who I am. It doesnt take long to figure out. Sure, as a newbie here I get warned at every post a moderator has to okay my post. After being burned a couple times I figure its best to just state the truth right away and move on to elsewhere if Im met with radical backlash.
@RG 67 -- As far as I know, newbies here do not need to have posts preapproved by a moderator. They just post them and the posts are posted like anyone else's. Is that right @Andy54Hawken ? However newbies don't have access to the Like buttons until they have been around a while.

Threads initiated by newbies probably are usually watched more closely by mods than threads by others though. Fact is, we get a fair number of trolls who join, post something controversial and try to get fights going. The mods have the job of eliminating the trolls, among other things.

Your initial post was interesting and apparently has substance to it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this topic.

By the way, welcome to NWFA from the gun-totin old broad contingent.

Based on the targeted ads I get, my location shows up as wherever my ISP chooses to connect to the internet. Usually, this is somewhere in Oregon or Washington, but never close to my actual location.

It never shows up anywhere overseas. ;)

Fairly new...it is a tool used to find and hopefully correct wayward , non NWFA rule following posts...
As well as to instruct new members all without a fuss.
Most of the time it works well.
Andy
On another gun forum, staff have the option of using a "discourage" setting on the unruly, and not just with new members. The vast majority are unaware of what's happening when they're prompted to answer captchas like this:

captcha-7.jpg

They usually get let out of Purgatory after a few days, or move on. If they come back and post about what happened, hilarity ensues for all "in the know".

On another gun forum, staff have the option of using a "discourage" setting on the unruly, and not just with new members. The vast majority are unaware of what's happening when they're prompted to answer captchas like this:

View attachment 1815511

They usually get let out of Purgatory after a few days, or move on. If they come back and post about what happened, hilarity ensues for all "in the know".
WTF, dude?! Math is NUMBERS, not LETTERS and weird symbols!

See Also: "Reasons Why I Became A History Major."

Leftist gun group? Seems like an oxymoron, unless they are willing tools of the fedgov complex. I'll admit that there are leftists who simply love mechanical objects, but it seems a bit hypocritical to engage in an activity which your political philosophy is endeavoring to banish.

As to other religions, there is always an area of suspicion, as those who practice any given religion are defined by the religion they practice. In some cases the most fervent practitioners are the best people, and in other cases, the worst. It is a matter of constant discernment. Naivete lead to 9/11, for example.

The poll questions seem driven by the left as they love, more than the rest of us, to pigeonhole dissenters into negative stereotypes of "white supremacist", "right winger", "ultraconservative" etc. All the while they neither recognize nor attach any such stereotype to themselves.
Remember, these are Leftists, not liberals. One of their icons, Mao Zhedong once said "all political power comes from the barrel of a gun," as he was rapidly disarming every poor schlub who had the misfortune of being born Chinese before 1949. Consider all the violent revolutions since the American Revolution, and they have all come from Leftist ideologies and/or Marxist canon. Liberals drive their kids to soccer practice in hybrids and HATE firearms (because they've been told to by the talking box on their wall). Leftists take their kids to the BLM lands in dusty Hi-Luxs to practice box drills and read passages from The Communist Manifesto.

Remember, these are Leftists, not liberals. One of their icons, Mao Zhedong once said "all political power comes from the barrel of a gun," as he was rapidly disarming every poor schlub who had the misfortune of being born Chinese before 1949. Consider all the violent revolutions since the American Revolution, and they have all come from Leftist ideologies and/or Marxist canon. Liberals drive their kids to soccer practice in hybrids and HATE firearms (because they've been told to by the talking box on their wall). Leftists take their kids to the BLM lands in dusty Hi-Luxs to practice box drills and read passages from The Communist Manifesto.
Yup. Been watching them since the 60s.

WTF, dude?! Math is NUMBERS, not LETTERS and weird symbols!

See Also: "Reasons Why I Became A History Major."
Actually, all math is symbols. Numbers are symbols.
As an aside, once you start looking into symbols (a study called iconography) it is fairly amazing how prevalent they are in society -- all societies. And for your particular proclivity, they are particularly fascinating from an historical pespective.

Actually, all math is symbols. Numbers are symbols.
As an aside, once you start looking into symbols (a study called iconography) it is fairly amazing how prevalent they are in society -- all societies. And for your particular proclivity, they are particularly fascinating from an historical pespective.
Just wait till they discover that ALL words are made up ;)

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top