JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How Well Does The Firearms Community Treat Various Minorities - Multiple Votes Allowed

• In general pretty equally, though some individuals simply clash

Votes: 66 68.0%
  • Racial minorities are excluded poorly treated

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Women are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • LGBTQ people are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • Agnostics, athiests, or people of non Christian religions are excluded or pootly treated

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Members of the political left are excluded or poorly treated

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • Younger generations such as "Zoomers" are excluded of poorly treated

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Others not listed are excluded or poorly treated. Please elaborate

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
Actually, all math is symbols. Numbers are symbols.
As an aside, once you start looking into symbols (a study called iconography) it is fairly amazing how prevalent they are in society -- all societies. And for your particular proclivity, they are particularly fascinating from an historical pespective.
ozvetpf1nqj51.jpg

Actually, all math is symbols. Numbers are symbols.
As an aside, once you start looking into symbols (a study called iconography) it is fairly amazing how prevalent they are in society -- all societies. And for your particular proclivity, they are particularly fascinating from an historical pespective.
I like π

Nice reading a thread asking for opinions from folks who fall outside of what centrist liberal media calls the "stereotypical gun owner" and seeing 24 pages of posts from either "stereotypical gun owners" or just complete derails.

I'm a 2A for All means *all* kind of person, the right to armed self-defense is a universal (some might say God-given) right of all creatures, and the 2A is supposed to enshrine that this right cannot be allowed to be taken away by *anybody*.

Now back to the topic of the thread, if I may be honest, I fall into several of the categories in the poll (either the poll is closed or I'm just too new to be able to respond) and just going by the responses in this thread I feel *intensely* unwelcome.

Nice reading a thread asking for opinions from folks who fall outside of what centrist liberal media calls the "stereotypical gun owner" and seeing 24 pages of posts from either "stereotypical gun owners" or just complete derails.

I'm a 2A for All means *all* kind of person, the right to armed self-defense is a universal (some might say God-given) right of all creatures, and the 2A is supposed to enshrine that this right cannot be allowed to be taken away by *anybody*.

Now back to the topic of the thread, if I may be honest, I fall into several of the categories in the poll (either the poll is closed or I'm just too new to be able to respond) and just going by the responses in this thread I feel *intensely* unwelcome.
The poll is still open,at least I can change ny vote. so it's likely you haven't been posting long enough. Poll aside I'm still interested in what you have to say. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to speak publicly.

Thread drift always happens and when people are free to give their thoughts and opinions someone will always take some sort of exception. It's likely some of those that made you feel in comfortable were made by people that would be please to meet you at the range or happy to help you with a reloading issue, etc..

I fall into several of the categories in the poll
I think a lot of gun owners do. The funny thing is, regardless of the tribalism that exists in every type if group, the firearms community is, IMO, one of the most diverse. Granted, there is still plenty of narrowness here (there is everywhere), but you could be a far left, gender fluid, pagan worshipping, 20 something minority and no one would ever know or care, unless you brought it up 1st. We love guns and gun rights, and if you do too, we have common ground.

The poll is still open,at least I can change ny vote. so it's likely you haven't been posting long enough. Poll aside I'm still interested in what you have to say. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to speak publicly.

Thread drift always happens and when people are free to give their thoughts and opinions someone will always take some sort of exception. It's likely some of those that made you feel in comfortable were made by people that would be please to meet you at the range or happy to help you with a reloading issue, etc..
1. Just. Keep. Posting.
2. I've been on forums and "definitely-not-a-forum" for longer than I would care to remember. Thread drift is just a fact of life in these kinds of ecosystems.
3. I'm planning on sticking around, so I suppose we'll see how it goes. All I'm saying is that it doesn't inspire confidence.

Anyway, a gun related topic, I'm planning to ramp down my "Team AR" support and instead joining my friends on Team Stribog.

Tribalism isn't helping any of us regardless of the group you belong too. To me it's all a distraction and keeps us from uniting under the umbrella of protecting our rights, including the 2A. The People are a powerful force and to many of us get off on tangents that divide rather than unite.

We can all do better.

Tribalism isn't helping any of us regardless of the group you belong too. To me it's all a distraction and keeps us from uniting under the umbrella of protecting our rights, including the 2A. The People are a powerful force and to many of us get off on tangents that divide rather than unite.

We can all do better.

Yup. We (gun owners) are our own worst enemies. It'd be awesome if more gun owners can make 2A single issue votes and not the rest of the platforms or messages, or the letter by the politician names.

Liberal media doesn't know bubblegum about gun owners. Liberal media are liars, plain and simple. That means liberal media watchers/followers are ignorant of what many things. Including most thing about gun and their owners. I was 56 years old. I never played around with guns much until just before dad passed and told me to take what guns he had. Dad never introduced me to guns. Dad's old guns were stashed, and hanging on the mantle in the basement. No ammo in the house. This site was suggested to me by a member of ifish.net. Since being here, as a full-on adult, I've found some incredible people. I've never met such a great group of people. All that comes to mind is that if there are people that think firearm enthusiasts are un-friendly and/or un-welcoming, they need to go to the nearest mirror and look at themselves. Not gun owners.

Liberal media doesn't know bubblegum about gun owners. Liberal media are liars, plain and simple. That means liberal media watchers/followers are ignorant of what many things. Including most thing about gun and their owners. I was 56 years old. I never played around with guns much until just before dad passed and told me to take what guns he had. Dad never introduced me to guns. Dad's old guns were stashed, and hanging on the mantle in the basement. No ammo in the house. This site was suggested to me by a member of ifish.net. Since being here, as a full-on adult, I've found some incredible people. I've never met such a great group of people. All that comes to mind is that if there are people that think firearm enthusiasts are un-friendly and/or un-welcoming, they need to go to the nearest mirror and look at themselves. Not gun owners.
The general lack of awareness between gun owners and non-owners will always be a factor. Could we reasonably expect the general public to have significant knowledge, beyond the basics, about automobiles and the auto industry? How about beyond the basics regarding cameras, lenses, and the photo/video industry? The difference for us, of course, is the constitutional protections afforded gun owners, but that's the most fundamental kicker of all: the general public is even more naive about our constitution.

The general lack of awareness between gun owners and non-owners will always be a factor. Could we reasonably expect the general public to have significant knowledge, beyond the basics, about automobiles and the auto industry? How about beyond the basics regarding cameras, lenses, and the photo/video industry? The difference for us, of course, is the constitutional protections afforded gun owners, but that's the most fundamental kicker of all: the general public is even more naive about our constitution.
My point was that one should come into a community, not just the firearm community, with an open mind. Not a mind cluttered with lies and misinformation. When I came here I had no preconceived notions. What I found were people willing to bend over backward to help me learn how to be a responsible firearms owner/collector. The people I dealt with, and still do, took pleasure in helping me learn and enjoy the experience. I'm a middle of the road kind of guy. There are some people in the community who's belief system is farther to the right than I, personally, care to be. But I don't have the right to point out, or try to get them to believe differently. So I still say, that when someone comes here proclaiming to be a gun owner and then point out where people here are a certain stereotype that the liberal lying media has put in their head? I is their own damned fault they don't feel all warm and welcomed.
I've watched the liberal hive-mind turn the city I live in into a lawless crap hole! I'd like to be excused from being all nicey-nice to the people that put us where we are today in this country.

All that comes to mind is that if there are people that think firearm enthusiasts are un-friendly and/or un-welcoming, they need to go to the nearest mirror and look at themselves. Not gun owners.
I have a long time friend that is WAY to the Left. It's like he sees everything through special glasses that only let him see in terms "oppressed/oppressor" and social justice. In our youth we worked many of the same jobs but where he always saw management as robbers and tyrants at every turn I did not see many negatives outside of incompetence. He is still frustrated and bitter while I love my career so much that I'd rather continue to work than retire.

We tend to see what we are looking for and ignore the rest. It's harder than most realize to be open minded enough to see what really is and not what we expect it to be.

My point was that one should come into a community, not just the firearm community, with an open mind. Not a mind cluttered with lies and misinformation. When I came here I had no preconceived notions. What I found were people willing to bend over backward to help me learn how to be a responsible firearms owner/collector. The people I dealt with, and still do, took pleasure in helping me learn and enjoy the experience. I'm a middle of the road kind of guy. There are some people in the community who's belief system is farther to the right than I, personally, care to be. But I don't have the right to point out, or try to get them to believe differently. So I still say, that when someone comes here proclaiming to be a gun owner and then point out where people here are a certain stereotype that the liberal lying media has put in their head? I is their own damned fault they don't feel all warm and welcomed.
I've watched the liberal hive-mind turn the city I live in into a lawless crap hole! I'd like to be excused from being all nicey-nice to the people that put us where we are today in this country.
Remember what Gandhi said: If there is an idiot in power, it is because those who elected him are well represented. Same holds true for a city as much as a country.

Remember what Gandhi said: If there is an idiot in power, it is because those who elected him are well represented. Same holds true for a city as much as a country.
Hey look man, nobody knows that better than I do! All I have to do is step a few yards off my property or drive a couple blocks and there "They" are. Masks and all! :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top