JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
ibtl.gif

I started a discussion on it on a different forum. Mods can lock this one, this one got derailed fast before any meaningful discussion on the weapon could happen, it more turned into personal attacks on the OP and bringing up past posts.

Its a weapon thats on my shortlist and I wanted to know what other AK47 owners knew about the weapon.

If it makes you feel any better Ill never ask about full auto modifications on here again, unless I get a class 3 license (which I probably won't) first.

The owner of the Polytec I fired was talking about how easy it was to modify into fully automatic which is why I brought it up.

edit: Found this in a google search, this is a much better answer about fully automatic weapons, rather than ridicule for simply asking about it.

"As I am reading your question, you are wanting to own a full auto or select fire, not sell them? If so, find your local class three dealer, select your weapon and get the forms needed to fill out.

Same rules as owning a pistol. Over 21, no legal restrictions against owning weapons ( criminal history), no restrictions due to being judged mentally incompetent ( much the same as filling out the 4473 form when purchasing a handgun).

The main difference is that each weapon you buy will have a $200 fee for a "tax stamp" for that particular weapon and the application must be signed off by the Chief Law Enforcement officer of your area ( your County Sheriff). The entire process goes through your local BATF office and will take several months.

If you are looking at purchasing a full auto from a private owner ( not a dealer), you can get the necessary forms from your local office of the BATF. Look in the phone book for where they are near you."

Dude, I can see how to make a semi-auto only AK style rifle run full-auto with a wad of paper jammed into the right place from just looking at the fire control group. I also know how to arm and employ an 80's vintage tac-nuke device, but that doesn't mean I'll discuss it with you, let alone school you on how to do it!

In addition to a Class 3 FFL you would also need SOT (I believe $5,000/yr.) to legally manufacture "dealer samples" of select-fire weapons. Some people should practice birth control a LOT more than they do..... Sheesh.

They seem like nice people. Answered the question without attacking the OP.

One of your previous threads you admitted to teaching an unstable friend how to use a firearm and now he thinks he is some lone ranger law enforcement wonder kid. Now because of it you are concerned he is going to do something stupid.

Now you are asking about how to DIY full auto for a AK-47. Let me guess you'll teach your lone ranger friend to use this too.

Then you're surprised by the response? Did you ever stop to think before you speak? :s0054:

Tell ya what, I will give you a full auto for free....................here :gun01: That's all you're allowed to play with.

I wasn't sure if it was illegal. I also need help filing off the serial numbers on my current weapon.

They seem like nice people. Answered the question without attacking the OP.

Do you mention wanting to do illegal things on those forums as well? Why would you want to file off a serial number?

The reason you get attacked is because of the content of your posts.

The problem is that the OP wades into the deep end without his floaties on. Our dear "Jimmy" has started fights for a few years now and is incredulous every time he is called on it. He may be a Clinton. A cursory search of his posts will confirm all that I have typed is true.

I have contacted the BATFE and reported this nonsense. Hopefully he will be called on it. If not, he will at least be watched moving forward, if he isn't already well known by the BATFE(with this kind of bubblegum, he/she may even have a badge).

JimmyS1985-Your anti-American slant has been played out to it's fullest. It's time for you to try to bait others into your crap. For every bubblegum filled post you put up, there will be another 20 of us to knock it down. This must be that "majority" the media talks about. The 10-20% of us that want to live in chains somehow is multiplied to 60% when MSNBC does a "poll".

In short, you are worthless trash. Keep it in MO.

Kip

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews