JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do not know if i am going to trust my life on poor mans body armor.. You may only get one chance to test it and hopefully its not a vital shot..

Spend the money to get panels where they have already had ballistics tested and has test data from a NIJ rated facility..

It may not be, but his comments about betting ones' life on cheap armor is fair. If you're in a position where you think you need to wear armor to protect yourself, it seems like protection is worth every cent required to get the best-recommended, highest tested product on the market.

It may not be, but his comments about betting ones' life on cheap armor is fair. If you're in a position where you think you need to wear armor to protect yourself, it seems like protection is worth every cent required to get the best-recommended, highest tested product on the market.

But that could be said about a lot of things right? The whole point of armor is that it works right? If three different types at three different price points all accomplish the same thing of stopping the bullet they are intended to stop then it really comes down to other things like weight, durability, and comfort...etc.

But that could be said about a lot of things right? The whole point of armor is that it works right? If three different types at three different price points all accomplish the same thing of stopping the bullet they are intended to stop then it really comes down to other things like weight, durability, and comfort...etc.

Most things aren't the difference between life and death for a person.

And I do feel the same way often time about guns. I wouldn't put my life in the hands of a Kel Tec, but would willingly bet my life on a SIG.

I emailed, Professional Firearms Instruction 5 day ago, 4 days ago, and today with no response, called and got voicemail....

I would not recommend doing business with them since they have a huge lack of customer service, I can't even cancel my order cause no one will get back to me.

I am not running down anyone products at all am I? Every product has pros and cons. Dyneema is not soft armor as it is for hard armor.

When I said, "I was not supporting it", meaning that I am not a rep or a vendor for it. I am sorry if it came across as I do not support it cause I do not like it, that was not what I meant by saying it. Sorry for the confusion.

From my experience in ballistic field testing armor products, we had a piece of dyneema that a vendor gave me to test. The lack of size I was given caused the piece (layers) to peel apart after initial impact of bullet.

Dyneema is good armor in application its best used for.

As my post clearly says I do not support AR500 Steel as body armor. I see no comparison to be used in AR500 AND dyneema. As Dyneema is strictly used for armor and AR500 you can getfrom almost any metal fabrication shop.

Why does it seem like this website is more of people attacking others. I am new to the site but every post seems like most are out to attack it in one way or another?

I don't think that is the case at all.

My personal reason for going with the DKX Dyneema plates was the cost and weight I don't want 15lbs of steel on me.

I do not blame you for not wanting 15lbs of steel on you. I think whoever wears steel as body armor does not know much about wearing body armor all day. I have wore armor as my work uniform for last 7 years and know I was always wanting lower the weight to wear. I would consider Steel armor better than nothing but not something you are going to want to wear all day everyday at all..

There is more than one manufacturer making this type of lightweight armor. Pricing can be up to $150 less per plate with same NIJ rating.

I just bought nice used medium size Interceptor 7.62 NATO plates, front/back/sides for $220 at a yard sale, even had the side 3A kevlar and carriers

That is a good deal for the armor but since you bought it at a yard sale do you know the condition or the age or the armor? As you know armor does have a suggested shelf life so if you bought something that is no longer effective then you paid for nothing but dead weight. Suggest paying for something you know has a warranty and effectiveness proven.

You also get what you pay for when buying armor. You are correct when you mention more than weight to armor. You want to pay less then buy AR but as you know there are more to armor then just price and weight. How about test proven, spall, limited number of rounds for effectiveness, certified or not. Etc.. Get what you pay for.

That is a good deal for the armor but since you bought it at a yard sale do you know the condition or the age or the armor? As you know armor does have a suggested shelf life so if you bought something that is no longer effective then you paid for nothing but dead weight. Suggest paying for something you know has a warranty and effectiveness proven.

This was military issue stuff. I don't believe ceramic armor has a shelf life..? The only valid point may be the soft inserts, but I hear that may even be industry hype to make $$, only the heat issue is valid. He's a young guy, was deployed in Iraq. Told me of a squad mate who took a round from a Dragunov 1 inch from the plate edge, no harm, no foul. Impressive. BTW this is for my wife, she may never even wear it... I am XL and it would not fit me, I'm buying full level 4 stuff, next week. Already have Second Chance level 3A + front/back steel plates for HD, the 4 sufff is for SHTF

BTW concerning your avatar, I have actually re-enacted as a Scottish Black Knight.. circa 1297, my clan actually fought alongside Sir William Wallace at Stirling Bridge, we were the first clan to join him, MacGregor. Even Mel Gibson got that right in Braveheart

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top