JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your skill level with white light and self-defense?

• No training. What is a flashlight?

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Have a weapon mounted light (WML) - no training

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Have a WML and been to a training class on how to use it

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Carry an off-gun light (OGL) - no training

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Carry an OGL - and been to a training class on how to use it

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • WML and OGL trained instructor

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Don’t need training. My vast experiences made me a steely-eyed dealer of white light death

• I am a tactical iPhone light user.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does this super-not-terrible-sounding-theory also work if you don't force yourself to be dizzy first by spinning in circles while staring at the moon?
Not sure about the spinning but the reason a good bright light in the face will slow the other person is they were trying to see in the dark assuming you need the light. When your eyes are trying to work in almost dark and they get hit with a bright light it is VERY hard not to look away. If the person is a danger this gives you the advantage you may need.

I go full pirate eyepatch at all times.
shirt-1555552571-a4394496edf3fae847cd205c62bb3744.jpeg.jpg pirate-parrot-idea-10926395.jpg

I use my flashlight or head lamp everyday at work and home. Probably the most useful device next to a pocket knife.

I have never used weapon mounted lights, but I always have a head lamp and a small backup light in a pocket.

Well OK! I personally hate weapon-mounted lights for the reasons I alluded to. They are pretty good for front end recoil reduction on a handgun. But from your opponent's perspective, the beam comes straight back to your center of mass.

Was trained by former SEALs to use an OGL in order to keep the light away from your centerline. The principles and techniques are very useful in most environments, except maybe going down a flight of stairs. Was wondering if there is different training or practice techniques out their. Wanted to know what others are learning to use to identify good guys from bad and how often they train and practice.

Oh well, thought I'd ask. As Wayne Gretzky said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
In low/no light conditions, I identify friend from foe using the Braille system.

BTW- There's added potential benefits if you stumble across your wife like that.

:s0033:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top