JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 1237446
Let's go make some noise
Always had a soft spot for Tank Girl myself
1657429212441.png

Not sure what any of this has to do with @Kp529 's SU2K...

Before embarking on future modifications, I suggest some education (self or otherwise) in firearms, operating systems, principles of operation and modification etc. If you have doubts about a mod, ask first!

And you can also use a string in true youtuber fashion. Clamp gun in vice.. I'd pay to see someone do this @ the shooting range, just to see the range masters freak out. 🫣
LOL, the one I go to has a double door system. That would be funny as hell. Put the gun in something, run string through both doors to the outer area. See how far I get before one of them starts to freak out.:s0140:
and no, I am not really going to do this. Like the people there too much and I doubt they would see any humor in this but it would be fun.

LOL, the one I go to has a double door system. That would be funny as hell. Put the gun in something, run string through both doors to the outer area. See how far I get before one of them starts to freak out.:s0140:
and no, I am not really going to do this. Like the people there too much and I doubt they would see any humor in this but it would be fun.
Wanna bet your wrong? If they know you fairly well I bet they start laughing their south bound cheeks off WHILE they are running to stop you. Just make sure you dress up like Wiley Coyote. I will salute you! 🫡

Before embarking on future modifications, I suggest some education (self or otherwise) in firearms, operating systems, principles of operation and modification etc. If you have doubts about a mod, ask first!
Indeed. I didn't want to say it, but yes. Now that I think of it I'm trying to remember my first gun mods I ever made? I think it was when I chopped the stock off my lever action BB gun when I was a kid and hose clamped it to the lever so it was basically a break action without the actual action breaking open?
Idk what I was thinking :s0153:
Maybe it did actually work better, idk? I was pretty darn fast with that thing and could pop a pop can from a mile away without aiming. I wonder how many BB's litter those woods to this day? It was a free BB gun we won at a gun show. I had my prized Benjamin Sheridan pellet gun that was never modded except a Williams peep sight and later a scope (kinda liked the peep sight better)
Ah memory lane... *sigh*

I figured out a very early age I could just take the screws out of the trigger guard with the "child safety lock" on it pull the whole thing off and go and shoot it all day long while my dad was at work and then carefully put it back before he got home. And doing ballistics tests in gallon milk jugs with Berman crow magnums, Ah those were the days! 😏

I don't have anyone in my life who can directly teach me, so I watched a ton of YouTube videos on these particular mods before beginning. I'm confident in the mods that I did, and I'm pretty confident I did them correctly. I just couldn't find anything online about how to safely test a S2K post-mod before firing with live ammo. Your face is right up against the barrel when firing... Hence the concern.

I'm about ready to do a custom Glock build with a P80 frame, and there's a heck of a lot more information about that out there.

Definitely appreciate everybody's feedback, and the willingness to teach.

Sounds like your well on your journey, I have yet to send anything off to anyone to do any work or "fix" mine. The best way to be 100% confident in your guns is to work on them your self and know them inside and out. You are quite right to be concerned about it. Its nothing to be taken lightly. If you care to get into AR's or are just curious the school of the American rifle is excellent. Also small arms solutions both on YT. You don't get near the same satisfaction picking your gun up and leaving hard earned money behind from a shop or Smith, than you do when you do it yourself.
Some of my projects have been massive PITA's but the most satisfaction and confidence boost when I'm done. My now there's pretty much nothing I won't do short of chambering a new barrel and action for bolt action stuff.

The AR's and glocks are a great starting point. And relatively easy to understand the mechanics. Good luck with your p80 kit, do yourself a favor and just go ahead and dremel out that recoil spring channel slightly bigger (wider) than factory. It will be fine but every one if seen the RSA rubs on the side of it causing drag and cycling issues. Maybe think about getting one of the new gen timney triggers. Those things are AWESOME! (that's awesome in a slight angelic singing notation ;))

Good luck and don't be shy about hitting us up for help in the future. We tease but its all in good fun.
P.s. By we, I mean I.

Well, this is not entirely true.

Many firearms are very reliable unmodified and that goes for the S2K as well - and I know - I once owned one.

Quite frankly mine shot very well, accurately and with no problems mechanically however my only complaints were with the general construction and parts such as the sights and other items being made of plastic that were NOT going to survive the rigors of above average use, and were not parts that were available as 'upgrades' and unless I spent the time to fabricate replacements I had no other options.
Is this the same gun that "flannel daddy" aka garand thumb did a video on and almost every price broke? Or was that the hi point carbine? Dangit I'm going to have to look it up again now, thanks! ;)

Advice going forward and not limited to firearms - make one change at a time. That way if something goes wrong you know what happened and can correct it. Saves much time and frustration.
That's good advice in general, but with the S2K it's glued together in places so it's better to do everything on the inside at once.

I'm an unvaxxed gal who thinks COVID is not what the government and their media puppets want us to think it is. I hate the news. But I LOVE ME SOME GUNS!
If you are young and healthy, the Vax or the 4 or 5 boosters are probably not going to do anything for you. And has the possibility to do you some harm.
I on the other hand I have several risk factors that made getting the vax a better risk.
I don't suggest them for my kids, grandkids or Great Grands!
Too much risk of side effects with little to no chance Covid will cause them more than the sniffles.
Go shoot your guns and ignore the daily news! DR

The VAX was a sham. It certainly wasn't what they promised and never was going to be. The problem was the empty see through promise in the beginning.

Anyway. I just figured I'd point out we probably shouldn't talk about this openly on here. The mods deleted my post for merely mentioning a recent political movie. Just a heads up. I'm sure the "VAX" is also a "strang verboten" subject. 🙄

Love my Sub2k, but as most know it needs many mods to make it a reliable firearm. Just finished about 10mods... installing new M*Carbo parts, nothing crazy. But it's the first time I've really modified a firearm before. New trigger spring kit, trigger, trigger bar & guard, etc, new hammer bushing, feed ramp, ext mag release, stuff like that.

I can take it to my range and fire away (excited to do that) but wanted to safely test it first. How do you all do this? It racks fine, resets after trigger pull, all the basic stuff. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.
There is a forum that you can sign up for via the MCARBO website. Make a new post regarding it and you will probably get your answer.

When I developed 500gr sub hunting loads for my 458 socom, I did indeed clamp it in lead sled and pull trigger with a string from a safe distance. I did this with a couple rounds with each prospective powder. Even though I am a very experienced reloader I thought it prudent as there was little or no reliable data for heavy subs at the time, so I developed my own. They all were fine but it never hurts to be cautious.

Is this the same gun that "flannel daddy" aka garand thumb did a video on and almost every price broke?
Don't know but it was obvious to me MY Gen 1 S2K wasn't going to stand up to what figured would be above average use.

Mostly it was the plastic external parts that concerned me and after one complete tear down for cleaning (it was literally one of the most difficult guns to disassemble - and reassemble - I ever have). Although I had considered fabricating external parts to replace the plastic I had enough other gun projects so I decided to sell it while it was still in one piece!

I learned later the barrels are epoxied in on the Gen 1s and there is a 'fix' for it but mine was already gone. The Gen 2 appears to be a much better version and I briefly considered one but went for a Ruger PCC.

These aren't for everyone but if used for their intended purpose they are great. They fold down very small, much smaller than any of my AR9's, I'd still rely on my AR9 in a SHTF situation.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top