JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting to say the least. I have LONG held that if someone is not safe out of prison they should still be in prison. Do your time? Prove you "learned" something? You should be a citizen. A LOT of gun owners prove time and again they do NOT think 2A is a right, they think its a privilege. One gov can grant or take at their will. Notice they don't think the rest of the bill of rights no longer applies after someone is convicted, only 2A. So those gun owners get what they ask for. Law makers tell them 2A is a privilege and they can decide how privileged everyone is. Be careful what you ask for plays out over and over again. :s0092:
Well most citizens go their whole life without going to jail, much less prison. The Q from your post really should be - Are people convicted of violent felonies still citizens upon release with their Constituional rights intact? Should convicted sex offenders be forced to register upon release? After all, according to you, they "learned something" in prison. Just let them work around kids upon release. Heck, let violent felons vote too? I mean after all, illegal immigrants get the right to vote in some places.

Have you seen the recidivism rates? A conviction should be punishment, not a chance to learn something. What they are learning does not benefit citizens in society. Yeah, if you pistol whip someone in a robbery or rape the neighbor girl down the street, call me crazy but you forfeit your rights as a citizen. Doesn't responsibility come with rights?

Well most citizens go their whole life without going to jail, much less prison. The Q from your post really should be - Are people convicted of violent felonies still citizens upon release with their Constituional rights intact? Should convicted sex offenders be forced to register upon release? After all, according to you, they "learned something" in prison. Just let them work around kids upon release. Heck, let violent felons vote too? I mean after all, illegal immigrants get the right to vote in some places.

Have you seen the recidivism rates? A conviction should be punishment, not a chance to learn something. What they are learning does not benefit citizens in society. Yeah, if you pistol whip someone in a robbery or rape the neighbor girl down the street, call me crazy but you forfeit your rights as a citizen. Doesn't responsibility come with rights?
Again you feel 2A is a privilege then you are in good company. A LOT of gun owners feel just like you do. The only rub here is you tell law makers 2A is NOT a right and they are glad to run with that. So gun owners who also agree get just what they ask for. Law makers tell them 2A is a privilege they can control. So you won. Again be careful what you ask for. :s0092:
As for the scum who can't seem to live in "society" I think they should not be allowed to live in society. This again is a view not shared by many gun owners, so again they and you "win". :s0092: I am quite sure you are safe in this "win", as its not going to change. You will keep wining.

Again you feel 2A is a privilege then you are in good company. A LOT of gun owners feel just like you do. The only rub here is you tell law makers 2A is NOT a right and they are glad to run with that. So gun owners who also agree get just what they ask for. Law makers tell them 2A is a privilege they can control. So you won. Again be careful what you ask for. :s0092:
As for the scum who can't seem to live in "society" I think they should not be allowed to live in society. This again is a view not shared by many gun owners, so again they and you "win". :s0092: I am quite sure you are safe in this "win", as its not going to change. You will keep wining.
Where did I say any of our Constitutional Rights are a privilege? I posed a question and you didn't answer it. I am all for rights for citizens. There is a big difference btw govt. taking a citizens rights away which I am against and a criminal forfeiting his rights because you know, he is a criminal. Am I winning? I am a conservative and don't feel I am winning. It appears statists and Marxists are winning.
I dunno about other gun owners but some "humans" walk the earth simply because it is illegal to kill them.

Criminals did not, in no way forfeit the right to be armed, to keep and bear arms, and to defend themselves. What they did forfeit.. was the right to not have Government infringe on their natural rights to self defense and to be armed.

This is why 9 times out of 10, or more... new gun laws do not seem to impact criminals having guns and using them.

If the people we voted for, refuse to punish suitably, and to enforce the law equally without agendas... then there's no moral, legal point where citizens that are law abiding should be barred from being able to possess and use guns, and be so armed as well as the military.

Once upon a time, criminals that served their sentences regained their full legal rights. Once upon a time too, those society decided were too dangerous to have the responsibility of guns and such, were not allowed to be alive and free. Once upon a time, "sentence reductions for behavior/finances" was not a thing, the criminal served the sentence imposed, in full.

...and I'm still not getting what I voted for.

although I keep hearing that I am.
Sadly I do not either but only one "side" wins. All those of us still willing to fight can do is keep trying. A LOT of people who should know better give up, and then try to get anyone who will listen to them to also give up. WA I1639 and Sporting Systems was a great example of how this works. :(

Sadly I do not either but only one "side" wins. All those of us still willing to fight can do is keep trying. A LOT of people who should know better give up, and then try to get anyone who will listen to them to also give up. WA I1639 and Sporting Systems was a great example of how this works. :(
I see it too often. Those that have given up are very vocal trying to get others to justify their cowardice. Very similar to what we see with those justifying their support for the terrorist group Hamas.

As expected, the 9th is in full retreat. William Kirk, does a great job of breaking it down. Not surprisingly, it seems that they won't be able to restrict firearms from enough people because plea bargaining has reduced the conviction rate for "violent" felonies to 10 to 15%.

My question is, since 92.1% of violent crimes are committed without the use of a gun, why are our Constitutional rights being attacked in the first place...

Percent of Violent Crime Not Involving Guns Falls Slightly, Averages 92.1% Over Last Eight Years

It gives you an opportunity to rethink your life choices.
But ultimately it doesn't sound like there are any set in stone consequences anymore, it all doesn't mean anything.
On paper it seems scary.. but in reality and with time served it's simply a title like those "Lord and Lady" Titles people can buy in Scotland.
All rights are nearly restored, so I'm curious why we even have it if that's the case.

But ultimately it doesn't sound like there are any set in stone consequences anymore, it all doesn't mean anything.
On paper it seems scary.. but in reality and with time served it's simply a title like those "Lord and Lady" Titles people can buy in Scotland.
All rights are nearly restored, so I'm curious why we even have it if that's the case.
Pretty much.

What it is "supposed to mean" is punishment. The punishment and the fact that they are "supposed" to be taken out of the society they could not seem to live in harmony with. Sadly now many times the "conviction" means almost nothing. This has a LOT to do with why things are the way they are now. It used to be consequences made many people think crime was not worth committing . Now? We have raised a couple generations who grow up being told NONE of the poor choices they make should have any affect on them. Raise people like this and you get what we have now. Now for those who get convicted and actually learn from the mistake? They should get another chance at a normal life. Again though to those who don't like this idea? You are safe, you have won, and will keep winning on this. Since those who like this win have told law makers 2A is NOT a right though they often don't like getting what they asked for when they get stepped on. :s0092:

My question is, since 92.1% of violent crimes are committed without the use of a gun, why are our Constitutional rights being attacked in the first place...

Percent of Violent Crime Not Involving Guns Falls Slightly, Averages 92.1% Over Last Eight Years

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Cliche, but 100% true. Been looking at these numbers my whole adult life, no other conclusion to come to.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top