JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've noticed quite a few posts from members asking about how to get started in preparing for disasters,survival situations,etc. Check out this website, www.equipped.com It gives a lot of info on what to have depending on your location,home,auto,plane,boat,etc. The gear checklists are thorough and easy to follow. The information covering a lot of topics is well written,easy to understand,and follows a common sense approach on the subject matter.

I too have a 'Get-out kit'. As mentioned above WATER is the most important item.
My kit is made to be be used in 3 sizes.(1) A large plastic box with 20 MRE's.(2) All my camping gear. (3) back pack with food and water, first aid for three days.
All this stuff is in my garage ready 'to GO', if need be.
All of it fits inside the cab of my truck.

Doug Ritter, the man who runs the "equipped" website is a great guy, his reviews are thourough and well thought out. I read his info. on the multi tools, though I wish I would have stuck with the Gerber(bought the Leatherman Wave) because I like the layout/design of the Gerber better.

I did buy both his RSK and Mini RSK knives(based on/made by Benchmade to his specs) with Orange and Yellow handles respectively. I wasn't as big a fan of the knives at first(I liked the Benchmade Gripitilian, which the RSK's are based on). I didn't like the finish/blade profile. But after 6mos. or so of use, I am glad I bought them and my Griptilian is in the drawer, both knives are EDC for me.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top