JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have no reason to hide it from my wife...She likes this stuff also..

I entered the world of shotgun shell box collecting. And I cant do anything small, all of a sudden I am the owner of 300 of them :)..Here are a few. I do like the colors!!

shells.jpg

shells.jpg

I have no reason to hide it from my wife...She likes this stuff also..

I entered the world of shotgun shell box collecting. And I cant do anything small, all of a sudden I am the owner of 300 of them :)..Here are a few. I do like the colors!!

View attachment 270513
Velzey, I have to admit, when I first glanced at your photo, I thought it was a collection of condom boxes. :eek:

Lance, when I get off my lazy arse, I'll dig up the link to the USDoE report on the total environmental impact of cars like the Tesla S and the Prius vs something mundane like a Toyota Camry. In the end, the Camry costs less with less environmental impact.

That video is total B.S. Completely invalid and idiotic. Anyone who believes such nonsense is so totally gullible and naive.

First off, all that nonsense about the Prius doing environmental damage is totally false, and was completely discredited many years ago. It was concocted in a report by a private Detroit auto industry marketing consultant by the name of Art Spinella. Spinella never provided citations for his data in the report, nor did he ever reveal who actually paid to have the report created. Since his report focused on claiming that the Hummer H2 was more economical and did less environmental damage than the Prius, many suspect that GM paid for the report. Spinella has since past away and his company no longer exists.

But his "Dust to Dust" report about the Prius lives on, and people continue to quote it as being fact, when it is most certainly not.

The Pacific Institute has an Integrity of Science project that works to expose attempts to use bogus science to reach invalid conclusions. They issued a scathing report of Spinella's "Dust to Dust", ripping it apart. You can read the report here:

http://www.pacinst.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2013/02/hummer_vs_prius3.pdf

And I did not buy my Prius to race around a race track. I bought it for real world driving. And for that, I get 45 mpg when I go on a highway trip, and 37 mpg in normal driving around town.

Compare that to the official EPA 17 mpg city rating the BMW M3 gets, and the EPA 26 mpg highway rating it has. Plus the BMW M3 costs $40,000 more than what I paid for my Prius 9 years ago.

Please don't be so gullible as to believe everything that you see on TV or the Internet. I have news for you: It is not all true.

...and you assumed anything on Top Gear is to be taken seriously and that I being a fan of the show would not know that.

I got bupkis for xmass but I'll make up for it here the first of the year.:p XVR en route.
I have a 2014 Prius V. Hoping I can get rid of it this year. Don't care for it one stinkin bit. It was given to me or I surely wouldn't have it. Other than the good mileage, there isn't much good I can say about it. Hopefully I can trade it for small Ford or GM suv.

Let's see now

NIB PS90 - check
1500 rounds of 5.7x28 - check
1000 rounds of 7.62x39 - check

Spoil myself?

No, those are all things I needed. ;)

Now if I had gone ahead and bought that 2015 BMW X1 that was on sale, even at a good price - now that would have been spoiling myself.:D

No, I am an extremely defensive driver. I have to be. I pretty much stay in the right lane and drive the speed limit there. Changing lanes a lot increases your chances of being in an accident.

The Prius does not do well at all in crash tests. So I cannot afford to get into an accident.

Here is a photo of a Prius crash test. My Prius actually has a POOR crash test rating:

View attachment 270452

The driver of this Prius below was involved in a 6 car accident. Every other driver in the accident survived. But the Prius was knocked off the road, and into a ditch. One can sort of recognize that it is a Prius, but just barely:

View attachment 270453

So there is actually a downside to owning a Prius: there is a chance that you might not survive an accident.

Yes, lane changing is very dangerous! Especially if you're car doesn't have the horsepower that Gawd gave a cricket!;)

So what unnecessary, foolish, way to expensive toy did you buy yourself that you're not telling the wife about?

I ended up upgrading optics on two of my rifles because i found prices i couldn't say no to. Both had totally decent scopes to start with, but my AR-10 now has a Vortex Viper HST 4-16. And my 300 win mag now has a Viper Vortex PST 6-24.

Sold a 24 gun safe, bought a 64 gun safe, bought my wife a new Beretta PX-4 Compact, found a used but new Beretta "Combo" that is a 92 and96 slide on a 96 frame, found a used, poss unfired M9A1 Compact in Inox and then my Wife got me a H&K P30S. Thank you Matt and Brent for the great bonus. Also paid a lot of medical bills. Great Christmas!

Thin skinned and easily offended. Typical Prius driver ;-)

Hey, I was not offended in any way at all. He was the one who complained to me about my post, claiming that his post meant something other than the obvious, and thus my response was somehow wrong.

All I am saying is that my response was appropriate, which it was. I had no way to read his mind and know that he was not being serious, as he claims.

No one here has said anything at all to offend me. If people want to dislike Prius cars and their owners and be biased towards them, that is perfectly fine with me.

All I did was point out how bogus the information in that video about the Prius is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top