JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So what unnecessary, foolish, way to expensive toy did you buy yourself that you're not telling the wife about?

I ended up upgrading optics on two of my rifles because i found prices i couldn't say no to. Both had totally decent scopes to start with, but my AR-10 now has a Vortex Viper HST 4-16. And my 300 win mag now has a Viper Vortex PST 6-24.

nice job !

while I didn't make your entrance, i treated myself

image_zps8mxnhwd3.jpe

Last Edited:
Leanest Christmas for us probably ever.

Sold a dearly prized rifle and a bunch of ammo just to cover jammies and a present for the 18 year old - but not sure how many more I'll have her at home so it was worth it.

Not complaining;). Things should look better financially in a couple months. Then I'll spoil myself - after the Fam of course:cool:.

Sent my DAO 4" Stainless K-Frame off to S&W to be converted to SA/DA, get the Combat Action Package and a glass bead finish. Still need to get some G10 grips to really set it off when it comes back.

The wife got me a new gun safe :)

Last Edited:
I actually sold a item I had and wanted cash, but ended up getting a nice 17HMR rifle in trade, not what I wanted as I wanted $$$. But this was hard to pass up.
I actually wanted the cash for Christmas to get some more items as it was also as it was for many a lean year here at the DuneHoppers house. I thought about listing the gun I had got about a week ago and try and sell it. But the Mrs was having none of it being it is such a nice rifle she insisted I keep it.

17.jpg

17.jpg

Well...
In December I bought 4 new suppressors, a 9MM Tavor (one of the suppressors is the Ratworx dedicated unit for the Tavor) and a PTR-91

Its quite a haul considering I currently dont have an income and it will likely be 6 months before I do.

I bought the suppressors because I figured with 41P on the horizon it was just prudent. I had been planing on buying the the 9MM Tavor for months and figured I should actually order one if I was buying the suppressor for it. The PTR-91 was not a planned purchase but at $647 from BUDS on special I was weak and sprung for it.

I thought real hard about buying a Barrett semi auto .50 when I saw them on sale for $6995. That is a purchase I have no business making but I was really tempted. If I was making money I think I would have done it. Thats one of those I have always coveted but always figured was out of reach. Even at $6995 it would cost close to $8000 by the time you paid the tax, shipping and transfer fee and you would still need rings, optic and of course something to feed it.

To be fair this splurge in December is not normal, It constitutes about 80% of what I have bought this year.

Last Edited:
I went to Sportsmans in tanasbourne on Xmas eve to get some primers, they had a Sub2000 G17 gen 2 in stock. So I got a Sub2000. Better than expected Christmas.

I splurged on the wife this time around. She wanted a Blue Bead for her Pandora Bracket. By the time I was done with the kid at Jarads who I am sure thought I was shopping down in price as I went from one option to the other I ended up buying her the real nice one I started out looking at and then two of the thin (less expensive) ones to sit on either side of it. Proving to the Kid in the cheap three piece suit to never underestimate the scruffy guy in old blue jeans and a work shirt. I think I quite surprised him with what I got her. I enjoyed it.

For myself the last of my Christmas money will go to buying a gas tank for my MIG welder. getting close to working on the sheet metal on my Willys Jeep project and will need to be able to weld thin metal.

Craigslist find but new to me and over twice the size of the "18 gun" Sentry I had. Went and picked it up today and right now my back is telling me exactly how old I am. And if the guy that offered him a half lb of pot in trade is on here, I think the seller is a county sheriffs deputy. :D

IMG_20151226_171315_zps6l3b77w1.jpg

I sure did not gun related but I got a
Minn Kota Terrova 80 / i-Pilot 24V Trolling Motor with Universal Sonar 2 and Foot Pedal
Have to wait for it since its on back order

Sold a few things, selling a few more. Four month old and a wife at home and no money coming into the shop while it moves locations means a fairly lean Christmas in terms of gifts, but a four month old and a wife at home means I have what I really want, guns or no.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top