JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife couldn't think of anything I didn't already own, so she said, "Pick out your own present." After I got the new Ruger LC9 carry gun I asked her if she was going to be upset about what she got me for Christmas.:) When I told her what it was she said, "Considering all the stuff that's been going down lately, that's a good choice.":D

I am waiting until February to considering purchasing anything. The prices on the items I am looking at should be back down to normal.

I think prices are pretty fair on most items if you shop around a bit. There are some rip offs out there for sure, but there are many deals to be had.

My treat was a PSA 9mm AR kit ordered in mid December. Got it last week and love it, only to get the email from PSA that they have released their billet Glock compatible 9mm AR lower and hybrid uppers. Go figure. Been waiting for many months for this to go on sale and it does right before the Glock lowers are released :mad:

I agree, prices are good right now.

What is the smallest Glock mags your PSA will accept?
I think there are 10 and 20 rounders available but I picked up some 32's. I like the kit, and it has cycled fine with snap caps so far including the BHO working on empty mag. Just would have been nice to pick up Glock mags instead of Colt SMG mags as I may be able to use the Glock mags in another gun, like a sub2k or even a Glock :eek:. Not so much with the colt SMG mags.

I've been working at getting the house paid down so lean Christmas. I picked up some .308 reloading components from a fine gentleman on here. My girlfriend surprised me with a beautiful polished stainless CZ 75b. First gun I've ever gotten as a present, she's a keeper for sure!

I went the other direction. Paid off my house and had a very light Christmas.

I guess I gave myself the gift of being 100% debt free.

I was there once. It's a good feeling having your house paid off. When we moved we rented out our paid off house and that money covered our rent and then some! Even after we bought a new house we were landlords for a few years raking in money for hardly any risk as the house appreciated! Sold it just in time though when things tanked.

What started as a quick run to buy myself some Boggs boots for those rainy Springer days in the boat, turned into an unintended buy on 2 AR flat tops that I could not resist (I really tried but could not resist) so 2 new additions to the gun safe.

I stole a gift at the gift exchange (white elephant type) at my grandparents. I got myself a weather station. I did good I think, I'm happy.

Leanest Christmas for us probably ever.

Sold a dearly prized rifle and a bunch of ammo just to cover jammies and a present for the 18 year old - but not sure how many more I'll have her at home so it was worth it.

Not complaining;). Things should look better financially in a couple months. Then I'll spoil myself - after the Fam of course:cool:.

Rowing with you buddy. I always tell the wife what's in the safe is just liquid assets waiting to be moved if needed.

Sent my DAO 4" Stainless K-Frame off to S&W to be converted to SA/DA, get the Combat Action Package and a glass bead finish. Still need to get some G10 grips to really set it off when it comes back.

The wife got me a new gun safe :)

Moved everything into the new safe today. Not bad, 21 rifles, 8 handguns and 5 suppressors in a 22 gun safe. Looks like I'm going to need a second one....

I don't need any more guns, but I wanted to get a smaller and lighter camera to enjoy my other main hobby of photography. So I picked up an awesome Sony A6000 compact mirrorless system camera. It is much smaller and lighter than a traditional DSLR camera, but with pretty much all of the same capabilities, and even more.

Really quite a cool camera. Solid, top notch construction, and made in Thailand. If anyone here is still using DSLR cameras, and has not switched to mirrorless cameras, you have fallen behind when it comes to camera tech:

Z-sony-a6000-onHand.JPG

Z-sony-a6000-flash-up.JPG

Z-sony-a6000-inHand.JPG

D3S_3050-flipping-lcd.jpg

Z-sony-a6000-onHand.JPG

Z-sony-a6000-flash-up.JPG

Z-sony-a6000-inHand.JPG

D3S_3050-flipping-lcd.jpg

I don't need any more guns, but I wanted to get a smaller and lighter camera to enjoy my other main hobby of photography. So I picked up an awesome Sony A6000 compact mirrorless system camera. It is much smaller and lighter than a traditional DSLR camera, but with pretty much all of the same capabilities, and even more.

Really quite a cool camera. Solid, top notch construction, and made in Thailand. If anyone here is still using DSLR cameras, and has not switched to mirrorless cameras, you have fallen behind when it comes to camera tech:

View attachment 270336

View attachment 270337

View attachment 270338

View attachment 270339
I believe I have fallen behind :D
And actually never heard of the mirrorless camera system...still using the old Nikon D80 and Droid Max...the later of which actually takes pretty good pics.
Thanks for the heads up

I actually sold a item I had and wanted cash, but ended up getting a nice 17HMR rifle in trade, not what I wanted as I wanted $$$. But this was hard to pass up.
I actually wanted the cash for Christmas to get some more items as it was also as it was for many a lean year here at the DuneHoppers house. I thought about listing the gun I had got about a week ago and try and sell it. But the Mrs was having none of it being it is such a nice rifle she insisted I keep it.

View attachment 270155

Now that's a Great woman!
I have one of those also, we are a couple of LUCKY BOY'S!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top