JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After much sleuthing and research, I finally found an actual photo of the founder of this establishment..

upload_2018-2-28_7-14-47.jpeg

I didn't know Dick's was still in business. I haven't been in one since the first time they pulled AR's. When their employees bought up all the ammo like .22LR that was scarce during the ammo shortage to resell I decided I wouldn't darken their doorway if naked women were giving rifles away for free. Frankly I wouldn't piss on a Dick's if it was on fire.

Only one reason I'd ever set foot in Bag-o-Dicks again... to show the girlfriend why we DON'T.

Sorta like why I force myself to eat at Taco Hell twice a year, only even less pleasant.

I didn't know Dick's was still in business. I haven't been in one since the first time they pulled AR's. When their employees bought up all the ammo like .22LR that was scarce during the ammo shortage to resell I decided I wouldn't darken their doorway if naked women were giving rifles away for free. Frankly I wouldn't piss on a Dick's if it was on fire.

You know, if they were, like, really nice looking. I probably wouldn't buy anything, just get the free rifle and talk to the pretty ladies.

I perused there shelves a couple of times over the years. They like selling high profit yuppie clothes and equipment. I was surprised to see the few guns they had. Guns don't have enough margin for there tastes anyway. I don't even think of them selling guns and never buy the kind of overpriced (keystone priced) oriental made stuff in any event. They are next door to Sportsman's surplus here in southern Idaho, a much better alternative in all ways. Even there gun inventory was full of cheep (yet overpriced) guns. Nothing of quality.

I thought everyone had stopped buying at Dick's last go around. I haven't stepped inside their shop here. Overpriced and uninteresting stock anyway when I went in before their first screwup.

So it was actually Field & Stream, a division of Dick's, that'll no longer carry AR's...

Just more incorrectly reported news...

Wifey's hearing that exact incorrect news a few minutes ago on Fox 12. Maybe somebody should call them and let them know what they don't know?

I've been boycotting them since their PC bull after Sandy Hook, so this just gives renewed vigor to that. My wife works for a better sporting goods chain store anyway, that is warehouse sized. The discount I get is enough that I'll only be shopping elsewhere for items her store cannot get, or doesn't stock. After I pay off the tax vultures this year, I plan on trying that discount out on some gun stuff :D

After it went from GI Joes to Dicks, I think I went there a few times to the Hayden Park/Jantzen Beach location for ammo when .22lr was impossible to find they had it at reasonable prices. After those few visits and hearing there political views lately I wont return I can go to Sportsmans warehouse, Bimart, and the highly quality stuff from REI or online. Always giggled about their name, the small child inside me surfaces making me at least smile when passing their locations, I regularly mutter "What a bunch of Dicks." The corporations are choosing sides and the battle is clearly right in front of Us.
I see the politicians attempting to end 2A soon if not Tax it out of existence, the old chris rock $5000 a bullet joke is becoming reality. Its a slippery slope and the Pro2A folks caved long ago allowing laws that infringed on gun owner rights. Laws passed recently are clear tyranny to the already existing infringment on gun owners rights. Career politicians, they go to work everyday to figure out how to get more of your money while getting paid by you.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top