JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't get it, your in the business to make money and your throwing away $10s of thousands of dollars?

Plus they said after Newtown they stopped selling "assault rifles" now they are stopping again?

Or are they just advertising they are destroying the guns they don't have?
That's what I meant about Fiduciary Dury, of which they have one to maximize return on shareholder investment and I'm not seeing ROI in this Virtue Signaling BS.

That's what I meant about Fiduciary Dury, of which they have one to maximize return on shareholder investment and I'm not seeing ROI in this Virtue Signaling BS.

Their ROI results from their marking the initial cost of inventory, coupled with destruction cost, to include liberal employee handling expenses off their bottom line as a result of public relations!

They have met their fiduciary responsibility to their stakeholders!

Their ROI results from their marking the initial cost of inventory, coupled with destruction cost, to include liberal employee handling expenses off their bottom line as a result of public relations!

They have met their fiduciary responsibility to their stakeholders!
You're supposed to ADD value to your shareholders' money, not LOSE it!

latest?cb=20110113014535.jpg

So apparently they aren't capitalists. Isn't making money the whole point of running a business? See Dick throw money out the window so he can virtue signal,,, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And this today:

Dick's Sporting Goods may remove all hunting gear from its stores, report says

Because all hunters are mass murderers?

They already removed all AR type rifles from their stores, and instead of returning them to the manufacturer for credit they destroyed them. And then they unilaterally decided not to sell firearms to people under 21, you know, those same 18-20 year olds that we send to Afghanistan with M-16s...the ones dying for their country so that Dick's has the freedom to be dicks?

Pretty self-righteous for people being sued by their suppliers for breach of contract and fraudulent business practices. The truth is that a lot of hunting equipment manufacturers won't do business with them any more because of their shady business practices and holier-than-thou public posturing. No self-respecting outdoorsman will set foot in their stores anyway. Nobody should wonder why their hunting equipment sales are performing poorly.

I have a suggestion. Dick's Sporting Goods should maybe change its name to Dick's Soccer Supply (Where Every Snowflake Gets a Trophy). Better yet, just close the whole thing down.

I don't buy from them any longer.

Did before they started sounding like lgb.....central with their 'anti-gun hate speech' (what's good for the goose.....) pro-lib/marxist.

They will slowly die as their Capitalist market drops them like hot potatoes.

Unfortunately, saying that they do not like making money because they are talking about getting rid of hunting gear and AR style rifles is totally backwards. If the largest percent of their money came from hunters and gun enthusiasts rather than soccer moms, do you think they would get rid of them? Because all of the people that use to buy at their store quit buying, you just shot yourself in the foot as well as Dick's and other stores that are backing away from selling anything gun related.

You are making it easy for the anti-gun groups to knock off the big chains one at a time and once they are gone then they can concentrate on all of the small places that don't have the money to fight them for very long. Frankly, those willing to buy at places that don't sell guns and hunting equipment vastly outnumber those that will stop buying when those same stores get rid of it.

These stores are in it for the money and they will follow the money every time.

Mike

Unfortunately, saying that they do not like making money because they are talking about getting rid of hunting gear and AR style rifles is totally backwards. If the largest percent of their money came from hunters and gun enthusiasts rather than soccer moms, do you think they would get rid of them? Because all of the people that use to buy at their store quit buying, you just shot yourself in the foot as well as Dick's and other stores that are backing away from selling anything gun related.
You are making it easy for the anti-gun groups to knock off the big chains one at a time and once they are gone then they can concentrate on all of the small places that don't have the money to fight them for very long. Frankly, those willing to buy at places that don't sell guns and hunting equipment vastly outnumber those that will stop buying when those same stores get rid of it.
These stores are in it for the money and they will follow the money every time.
Mike

I like that observation @Mike97124, true it may hurt their business. But also true losing head companies really hurts.
If we lose Cabelas/Bass Pro that would be a huge blow.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top