JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's pretty simple. Any company that drops a product you are interested in because of irrational political reasons you do not agree with is no longer deserving of your business - for anything. Simply stop going there for anything and let them flounder or fail. No need to keep repeating the obvious.

It's pretty simple. Any company that drops a product you are interested in because of irrational political reasons you do not agree with is no longer deserving of your business - for anything. Simply stop going there for anything and let them flounder or fail. No need to keep repeating the obvious.
As you might with a candidate that you abandoned for another, you may want to try and persuade others to abandon that same candidate for another. It's a low effort strategy that can be easily ignored by those who don't agree.

Edit: Sustained "boycotts" will be more effective at preventing other companies from adopting similiar policies if the original company suffers significantly from the sustained boycott. A lot of companies might just wait to see if the customer's displeasure blows over and then continue on with bad policies. By reminding and alerting others to the grievance, it can allow for a sustained boycott effort. I believe BiMart has escaped that sustained effort.

Last Edited:
As you might with a candidate that you abandoned for another, you may want to try and persuade others to abandon that same candidate for another. It's a low effort strategy that can be easily ignored by those who don't agree.

Edit: Sustained "boycotts" will be more effective at preventing other companies from adopting similiar policies if the original company suffers significantly from the sustained boycott. A lot of companies might just wait to see if the customer's displeasure blows over and then continue on with bad policies. By reminding and alerting others to the grievance, it can allow for a sustained boycott effort. I believe BiMart has escaped that sustained effort.
Bimart didn't go full social justice warrior, destroying their stocks of evil AR-15's and hiring lobbyists to support more restrictive gun laws at the federal level.
Also, BiMart has continued to offer deals too good to pass up for those of us who are on a budget. :cool:

Bimart didn't go full social justice warrior, destroying their stocks of evil AR-15's and hiring lobbyists to support more restrictive gun laws at the federal level.
Also, BiMart has continued to offer deals too good to pass up for those of us who are on a budget. :cool:
When was the last time you saw an AR15 in Bimart?

They sell AR15s at ACE Hardware over here in the fee state.

BTW...OP was Mar 3, 2018 and we have not set foot in The Dicks since that time.
They sell firearms and ammo in the Do it best hardware store in Chiloquin, OR. Can't say that I've seen a AR15 there though. Bimart didn't sell handguns for a long time but then brought them back a number of years ago.

Exactly right. A private business can sell or refuse to sell whatever goods and services they want, as long as it's legal. The free market will decide which companies are rewarded and which ones are punished for their decisions.

What I don't like is the activism - actively going out and trying to purchase influence, going above and beyond what concerns said business directly. If they don't like guns, fine, but MYOFB.

Exactly right. A private business can sell or refuse to sell whatever goods and services they want, as long as it's legal. The free market will decide which companies are rewarded and which ones are punished for their decisions.

What I don't like is the activism - actively going out and trying to purchase influence, going above and beyond what concerns said business directly. If they don't like guns, fine, but MYOFB.
Here lies the rub with Bimart, Dicks, Walmart and Kroger, it wasn't legal in Oregon to refuse sales to the 18-20 year olds like they did. They could have continued sales as usual and lobbied for the Legislature to change the law, which it looks like they are going to do. They could have quite selling guns and ammo all together. But instead they chose the activism route and intentionally violated the law to draw attention to what good stores they were for going along with the anti-gun crowds wishes. It looks like it's not paying off for Dick's. It may be paying off for Bimart since they seem to have very loyal following. Walmart probably wouldn't notice one way or the other because of the size of their operations and Kroger well they decided to just not sell guns or ammo any more.

Look at the amount of space Bi-Mart dedicates to firearm products in their stores and flyers each week, and the deals they offer. I would still consider them an ally even we don't agree 100% on all issues.

Personally, I don't care what dicks does. Never used them & never will. If they get sued for whatever civil rights violations...I'm all for that! :)
They're opening a new one here in the 99336 area where we have a Sportsman Warehouse and a few other 2A worthy businesses I support financially. dicks can go pack sand IMHO!

Dan

I saw an article that many Dick's in my area were no longer selling ammo! Whenever I go there to get some hard to find item for the kids, I remember how incredibly expensive they are! I'm not returning!

-Will

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR