JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to say again, if someone points a gun at me in an aggressive manner like this, I am not going to be just be pointing my gun back at them and waiting for them to take the first shot. I am going to take the first shot if I am able to do so safely.
Certainly NOTHING wrong with that. The moron who pointed the rifle would get no tears from me if someone dusted him. If he keeps trying to show off like that he probably will do it to the wrong person who will drill him.

I'm an angry sober, but a happy drunk.
When I was drinking a lot I was normally the life of the party kind of guy. When I was out drinking I wanted to relax and have fun so that's what I did. I had slightly less patience with morons who decided to mess with me but certainly did not go looking for it. Figured if I was spending that kind of money I wanted to enjoy myself. I have run into many who seemed to drink only to turn into an asshat. Never could quite understand the waste of money for that but, to each his own I guess. :D

I was always a pretty mellow drinker, my wife turns sarcastic and annoying.
I'm an angry sober, but a happy drunk.
I'm an azzhole in any condition... ;)
Sarcastic and annoying sober, happy but sometimes loud drunk (also much handsomer). Anymore I drink so infrequently that I hardly even get to the loud stage before I'm at my target balance between happy and uncoordinated.

Sarcastic and annoying sober, happy but sometimes loud drunk (also much handsomer). Anymore I drink so infrequently that I hardly even get to the loud stage before I'm at my target balance between happy and uncoordinated.
I find the one great part of drinking so little now is I am cheap. I like decent Whiskey. Stuff is pricey but only takes a couple drinks to get me REAL mellow now so that's a plus :D

I don't drink at all. Last time was maybe 20 years ago. When I was a teen I got drunk at the drop of a hat. Now health problems preclude any alcohol; my throat won't take it, and it is not advised with the heart meds I take. I just don't need to anymore either, and I am no more lucid, handsome or eloquent when intoxicated than I am sober

I don't think it would be a good idea to be carrying a gun while drinking either - even if it was just a few beers. If you get into trouble there is the chance that it could become an issue later.

If I were to make one critic of the defender, It would be that when he popped out from behind cover of the car . If he had popped up on the drivers side it would have made a more difficult shot for the rifle as he would have had to push the rifle out the window to aim at our defender who would be behind the window post. Easier shot for the defender/ more difficult for the rifle shooter. DR

If I were to make one critic of the defender, It would be that when he popped out from behind cover of the car . If he had popped up on the drivers side it would have made a more difficult shot for the rifle as he would have had to push the rifle out the window to aim at our defender who would be behind the window post. Easier shot for the defender/ more difficult for the rifle shooter. DR
While I am an advocate of getting the first shot in when someone points a gun at me, on the other hand, I would have stayed behind cover unless I felt the need to return fire - a lot depends on where other people were, and what the driver decided to do.

That said, I wouldn't stand in the open waiting for the car driver to shoot, IF I were to leave cover, it would be to shoot. As far as I am concerned, once someone points a gun at me, they have already signaled their intentions, from that point on it is "game on MF'er".

When I was drinking hard booze, my loud stage was very short prior to the barf stage coming on... but I drank light beer mostly, and that just got me kind of sloshy.

I have NASH liver cirrhosis (non-alcohol related), so doctors orders are no alcohol, but I still have a beer every once in a while during warmer months.

When I was drinking hard booze, my loud stage was very short prior to the barf stage coming on... but I drank light beer mostly, and that just got me kind of sloshy.

I have NASH liver cirrhosis (non-alcohol related), so doctors orders are no alcohol, but I still have a beer every once in a while during warmer months.
In college, the loud stage of my drunk was sometimes the longest one. :D

If I had been him - I would have stayed behind cover. But like I said, I also don't stand there and point a gun at someone who is pointing a gun at me, waiting for the aggressor to take their first shot - it isn't a "Mexican standoff", it is who gets the first shot in.
Totally agree. I would do the same. Mexican stand off, I'm pulling the trigger.

I think what I was trying to say is this guy was not in that situation. Someone pointed a gun at him (I think he was able to duck behind the car before the guy actually got sights on him) cover was faster than drawing and shooting, so he ducked, by the time he had his gun out the perp was driving away.

Certainly NOTHING wrong with that. The moron who pointed the rifle would get no tears from me if someone dusted him. If he keeps trying to show off like that he probably will do it to the wrong person who will drill him.
In this situation the perp was driving away by the time the dude had his gun drawn and was driving away.

Example, if someone points a gun at you and you because they don't like you but you left your gun in your car, but he doesn't shoot you and put his gun away, legally, you can't go to your car, get your gun then come back and shoot them. Of course you could, it's just not legal.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top