JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Considering he was young and new to guns apparently he did an EXCELLENT job there. As guy said I hope he learns to be confident in carry so he is not doing empty chamber. Still a great job by a young guy who also admits he had been drinking. I have LONG said I would bet there are a LOT more of these situations when a gun is played the scum run off that we never hear about.

100%! This is one of the tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of defensive uses of a firearm a year that will never become a statistic.
It worked for me many decades back. We had no CC law at the time. Couple scum decided they wanted to rob me in daylight. They had knives, I had a gun, they ran. I did not call dial a prayer. For one I would have had to try to say the gun was open carried and two I did not feel like wasting the time. God only knows how many times this happens every year.

Rule #1... Have a gun any gun.
Rule #2... See Rule #1.
The fact that the guy in the car had a rifle at the ready indicates that he was looking for an opportunity to cause trouble. Too bad he didn't get his Darwin award.

It worked for me many decades back. We had no CC law at the time. Couple scum decided they wanted to rob me in daylight. They had knives, I had a gun, they ran. I did not call dial a prayer. For one I would have had to try to say the gun was open carried and two I did not feel like wasting the time. God only knows how many times this happens every year.
A female friend, the wife of my retired Marine buddy, has twice displayed her handgun to dissuade aggressors in D.C. and Maryland. Never even made The Armed Citizen...

I have to say again, if someone points a gun at me in an aggressive manner like this, I am not going to be just be pointing my gun back at them and waiting for them to take the first shot. I am going to take the first shot if I am able to do so safely.

I think the narrator may be wrong about the condition 3 .

It's assumed, and commented on. But , at the end of the video something small is retrieved from the sidewalk .
This could very well be a live round ejected during his slide manipulation.
No way to know.
Yes, that is very visible at 18:30:03 in the video. He pockets it - whatever it is - a couple seconds later. And unless the date/time stamp is totally wrong, this incident actually took place on day two of the new millennium. I'm bad at identifying cars; does anyone see any vehicle there that is newer than a 2000 model?

Yes, that is very visible at 18:30:03 in the video. He pockets it - whatever it is - a couple seconds later. And unless the date/time stamp is totally wrong, this incident actually took place on day two of the new millennium. I'm bad at identifying cars; does anyone see any vehicle there that is newer than a 2000 model?
Guys like you and i get banished from the living room on movie night.

My suspension of disbelief can be compromised with one simple on screen incongruity.

I think the narrator may be wrong about the condition 3 .

It's assumed, and commented on. But , at the end of the video something small is retrieved from the sidewalk .
This could very well be a live round ejected during his slide manipulation.
No way to know.
You can see at the beginning of the video he is fiddling with something small and he drops it when he draws. I think that is what he picks up.

Some people think it's legal to carry if the gun is unbiased (edit: unloaded) and they think that means empty chamber but loaded magazine, but this is incorrect, unloaded means empty chamber and empty Magazine. But I wonder if that's why he was carrying empty chamber. Hope he has a CHL. FYI, I don't know the laws in WA.

I give this guy props, he stays super calm. He might have been freaking out inside but if he was he didn't show it.

Last Edited:
I have to say again, if someone points a gun at me in an aggressive manner like this, I am not going to be just be pointing my gun back at them and waiting for them to take the first shot. I am going to take the first shot if I am able to do so safely.
I think this guy did it right for this situation. If I had a pistol I would not want to get into a firefight with someone with a rifle. Just something to consider.

Also, if someone is pointing a gun at you, it's highly recommended not to try and draw your gun if they are focused on you. Doesn't matter how much you train, pulling a trigger with always be faster than drawing and shooting.

Hopefully your comment is circumstantial. Not trying to argue with you, you do you, just trying to help you think about different situations to help you not get killed.

I think this guy did it right for this situation. If I had a pistol I would not want to get into a firefight with someone with a rifle. Just something to consider.

Also, if someone is pointing a gun at you, it's highly recommended not to try and draw your gun if they are focused on you. Doesn't matter how much you train, pulling a trigger with always be faster than drawing and shooting.

Hopefully your comment is circumstantial. Not trying to argue with you, you do you, just trying to help you think about different situations to help you not get killed.
If I had been him - I would have stayed behind cover. But like I said, I also don't stand there and point a gun at someone who is pointing a gun at me, waiting for the aggressor to take their first shot - it isn't a "Mexican standoff", it is who gets the first shot in.

You can see at the beginning of the video he is fiddling with something small and he drops it when he draws. I think that is what he picks up.

Some people think it's legal to carry if the gun is unbiased (edit: unloaded) and they think that means empty chamber but loaded magazine, but this is incorrect, unloaded means empty chamber and empty Magazine. But I wonder if that's why he was carrying empty chamber. Hope he has a CHL. FYI, I don't know the laws in WA.

I give this guy props, he stays super calm. He might have been freaking out inside but if he was he didn't show it.
John mentions in the video that the guy had never taken a gun class and had mostly practiced dry firing. It's not uncommon for people new to carrying to feel uncomfortable with one in the chamber. In my experience, most of them eventually change their mind.

Dude would get mad respect from me if he had the icy nerve to put his lit cigarette down in the sidewalk seam ,and then retrieve it post incident.

I with you there.... I would have done 3-5shots on him at first, then re-assess.

A few beers will do that for ya... he did mention he had been drinking. More than that and the stupid and anger comes out in SOME people. I was always a pretty mellow drinker, my wife turns sarcastic and annoying.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top