JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Let's keep away from the labels that divide us, no place for that.

If we can't do that, then maybe this thread has run its course.

• Epithets, labels, and generalizations against another person or group of people, whether they are members here or not. These serve absolutely no purpose other than to divide us, directly opposite to our goal of uniting gun owners. This is especially relevant in regard to political labels (such as 'the liberal media', 'those right-wingers', and even 'left/right'). Pro-gun and anti-gun are the only labels that should be applied here, as we are a single issue community. This rule also applies to but is not limited to epithets, labels, and generalizations pertaining to race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, ethnicity, nationality, occupation (such as law enforcement), and every other one you can think of. Disagreement over what constitutes a religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etcetra is not a legitimate excuse.

:eek:

:(

:s0058:

;)

:D

:s0140:

I think it's a shame that some members here took the time to set up a table by the fountain, made several announcements on this thread, and then staff here bemoan the fact that there wasn't anywhere for members to meet each other. They even had the banner on the front of the table, the same banner that they had posted photos of on an overpass. Maybe I'm just getting to be a grumpy old fart and have lost my tolerance for people that don't pay attention and then complain about something they missed.

Guess what folks - members DID set up a place for other members to meet.

I'm frustrated with myself that I completely forgot to stop by and meet folks from this community. UGH!

after having such a pleasent time today at the protest, i would be interested to hear about if any antis were there out of curiosity and to hear their experience...

Two dudes that we saw....We parked in the Yellow lot a few minutes after 11:00. Just going into the park there was a guy that had his hoodie zipped up all the way and was pulling it close at the top so you couldn't see the bottom of his face. o_O

ONE guy strolling, apparently alone, through the crowd on the lawn. The back of his leather/pleather jacket said 'ANTI FLAG'. the back of the sign he was carrying said ' I'M NOT SORRY IF THIS OFFEND YOU'. We saw this dude later way up by the main road/yellow parking, somewhat near the pro gun lady was up there with her sign. We saw that the front of dudes sign said 'PUNKS WITH GUNS'. that's all I saw in the way of detractors.

I think it's a shame that some members here took the time to set up a table by the fountain, made several announcements on this thread, and then staff here bemoan the fact that there wasn't anywhere for members to meet each other. They even had the banner on the front of the table, the same banner that they had posted photos of on an overpass. Maybe I'm just getting to be a grumpy old fart and have lost my tolerance for people that don't pay attention and then complain about something they missed.

Well, I only saw one mention of a table in this massive thread. And all I remember was ARAKBoss would be wearing one of those expensive hats. Maybe in MY "Old Fart-dom" all that other info didn't soak in, or leaked out. For some reason I was looking for a table near everyone else. My loss in any case.

I think that we all need to be asking the question of what's next. Each and every one of us needs to take action and write the emails that we may have neglected to do. Time to refresh the list of legislators and email addresses and target those on important committees. IT DOES REQUIRE WORK AND TIME. Don't buy into the talk that it's easy, because it certainly is not. If you don't have the email addresses, find them. These things aren't impossible but it does take time and effort. Let's put something behind the rally and actually do something besides show up. We need to get in the game and actually do something besides watch from the sidelines and cheer.

I'm there with ya, at its peak, looked like it was pretty populated right back to the portopotties...

I'm sure the MSM will minimize the numbers, why would they show our strength, doesn't fit the narrative. But we have pictures and video. Too bad no one launched a drown for a birds eye view of the gathering...

There was a drone above the Golden Man(very high) at one point for about 45 seconds.

I posted this in another thread. I think it's worth again here.

Little by little, bit by bit, laws are being brought forth in legislation. There should be no debate. There should be no compromises. Essentially all regarding this, is punching holes (loopholes) in an ongoing effort that's eroding Our Right.. To Keep and Bear Arms. I don't necessarily "follow" the Oregon legislation mantra regarding what laws are in the push, though they all (the states in general) are using the same playbook with a different cover. This needs to stop. The 2nd Amendment. We The People. ALL FOR ONE - ONE FOR ALL.
I live in WA. Since I-1639, and I-594 has become law, the system has erupted with ridiculousness. I would like to see I-1639, and I-594 (now laws) be brought to the floor again for a vote. Not just in Washington State, every state currently implementing the same.

Me (above the red arrow) in the FDE coat, @Ura-Ki in black, and @v0lcom13sn0w in a Camo sweat shirt to the left.... I told you boys, we're INTERNET FAMOUS NOW!!

:s0112:

View attachment 561924

I see you two blokes but @v0lcom13sn0w is too well camouflaged that we cannot see him.... What's up with that???:p:p:p
I sure wish that I could have made it down I would like to met some of you internet Sensations. LOL

Last Edited:

I give @Stomper the benefit of the doubt, figured he knew I was there and didn't want to swing by because he would get too jealous of my hat!

:rolleyes:

:s0140:

Another story
Big turnout at Oregon state capitol for Defend the 2nd Rally

It has a guy who was in a mass shooting and is out there supporting self-defense rights.

As far s the news article, anti rights politicians and groups against guns that demand "sensible restrictions" forget to admit all restrictions are sensible to them. Even a 5 round magazines that only good guys would use. These people really live in a bubble and believe either nothing can happen to them or someone will be there in seconds to stop a threat.

The reality of no legal response time for the police, as well as no legal duty for them to react does not register within their minds. They also have a split loyalty with our government. On one side they say it's controlled by evil racist white men on the other these same authorities only have our interest at heart to keep us safe. Which is it? Because if one of them are true, you might need a gun.

As far s the news article, anti rights politicians and groups against guns that demand "sensible restrictions" forget to admit all restrictions are sensible to them. Even a 5 round magazines that only good guys would use. These people really live in a bubble and believe either nothing can happen to them or someone will be there in seconds to stop a threat.

The reality of no legal response time for the police, as well as no legal duty for them to react does not register within their minds. They also have a split loyalty with our government. On one side they say it's controlled by evil racist white men on the other these same authorities only have our interest at heart to keep us safe. Which is it? Because if one of them are true, you might need a gun.

Yep, these people can't see the forest for the trees. And as far as common sense they don't have any at all, they don't even know the definition of common sense, impair or infringe.:mad:

A huge thank you to all NWFA members, non-members (who should be), and the sponsors who threw-in to make this event not only possible, but an apparent success.

Obligatory no-show excuse: Work had me 1000+-ish miles distant in Montana. Had I been in town there's nothing that could have kept me away from this event. I thoroughly enjoy meeting NWFA members through WTS/WTB transactions and at training sessions offered by @Cerberus Group.

In the name of "Being Excellent to One Another" I'll refrain from commenting on the infighting and petulance of the detractors within our ranks who can't seem to grasp the nuance of how things should be VS how things ARE... oops, I think I just commented on it.

Final thought: Am I the only one who sees Stalinist architecture when viewing the OR state Capitol building? Gives me shivers even looking at pictures of it...
7e2f430a-60a3-420e-9dbc-79972bebeef2-large16x9_Defendthe2ndRally2.jpg
Thank you again, intrepid travelers and pro2A advocates. I humbly apologize for my absence.

Last Edited:
I feel a sense of relief.

Although the scant "news" coverage I can see today is minimal and tepid, I was thankful to attend yesterday, and not to see the usual attention-grabbing tacticool fashion models on parade, portraying 2A supporters (as a whole for the highly selective media) as a ninja-costumed mashup of Columbine meets the sling/magazine/holster/body-armor/face-paint catalog. IMHO, that visual stereotype just doesn't help the pro-liberty process at all. Seriously... my sincere thanks to anyone who might've thought twice and toned it down a few notches with that in mind.

The turnout was robust because it was a weekend. Lots of couples and families... way cool. While many/most here cannot take weekdays off to bask in the glowing aura of the golden guy, I will continue to do my best to travel and be counted there whenever I see an event scheduled. People who work inside (in support of either agenda) need to peer from their little windows and see us.

One big takeaway from the speakers I heard was this: When weighing in on mass-email campaigns, we need avoid the generic robot-looking copy/paste/send routine. Instead, we should take a few minutes to craft short, individualized messages when we email the players in Salem - of course remaining calm, articulate and appropriate. Clever slogans and chants are great, but those who speak on our behalf need to resonate with what voters are actually thinking and saying.

I also felt privileged to sign a petition to recall Kate Brown.

Last Edited:
Two dudes that we saw....We parked in the Yellow lot a few minutes after 11:00. Just going into the park there was a guy that had his hoodie zipped up all the way and was pulling it close at the top so you couldn't see the bottom of his face. o_O

ONE guy strolling, apparently alone, through the crowd on the lawn. The back of his leather/pleather jacket said 'ANTI FLAG'. the back of the sign he was carrying said ' I'M NOT SORRY IF THIS OFFEND YOU'. We saw this dude later way up by the main road/yellow parking, somewhat near the pro gun lady was up there with her sign. We saw that the front of dudes sign said 'PUNKS WITH GUNS'. that's all I saw in the way of detractors.

Well, I only saw one mention of a table in this massive thread. And all I remember was ARAKBoss would be wearing one of those expensive hats. Maybe in MY "Old Fart-dom" all that other info didn't soak in, or leaked out. For some reason I was looking for a table near everyone else. My loss in any case.
"
ONE guy strolling, apparently alone, through the crowd on the lawn. The back of his leather/pleather jacket said 'ANTI FLAG'. the back of the sign he was carrying said ' I'M NOT SORRY IF THIS OFFEND YOU'. We saw this dude later way up by the main road/yellow parking, somewhat near the pro gun lady was up there with her sign. We saw that the front of dudes sign said 'PUNKS WITH GUNS'. that's all I saw in the way of detractors."

LMFAO anti flag is a punk band and this dude was probably a punk rocker who is pro freedom sounds like someone I'd have a beer with any day.

Wish I had know you were there, would have been good to see ya again! I didnt know I was going ti make it until late last night!
@3M-TA3 sorry brother, same deal!:(

Turns out the only thing that could have kept me from attending happened, and I spent yesterday in the ER. All is OK now and I will be as good as new in a week. I did remind Mrs. 3M that when I was new I was fat, bald, cried until I got whatever I wanted and pooped myself several times a day...

Next one we will make plans to meet up.

Cheers and kudos to those who organized this event along with those who attended.

Boos and hisses to the media that largely ignored it and spun the coverage to their agenda. I'm especially cheesed at KATU for giving Quasimoto a third of the story and less space than that to the 2,000 plus that showed up. Even Fox 12 glossed over the restrictions posed by the bills. None of the media wants the voters to see what's really in these bills.

These rallies need to happen more often, and I've read a lot of great suggestions in this thread about booths for NWFA and others to help get the message out. Our opponents want this to be a one time thing to be ignored and forgotten. We need to deliver a 5h!7 ton of disappointment to them.

I'd be willing to sacrifice a vacation day in order to become disruptive to this Legislative over-reach. We need to pack the Capital building on April 2nd, so Mom's demanding more infringement cannot get in the building, let alone the hearing rooms...

Many members did find us. It was great to meet you and all the others who stopped by and especially those who kept me company and watched over the table so I could get out and mingle with the crowds. It was my first rally and it's hard to imagine that the next one will be any better. Thanks to everbody who came by the table.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads