JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
hey we were close!

49F2B1FC-054A-47E9-AEFD-52A83CED3253.png

Fox12 did a reasonably good job on the coverage, thousands attended, they said. They interviewed two women standing in front of me, so I got my 5 seconds of fame, as a background guy...

At least they didn't sandwich it between a couple of anti-gun stories, but did bury it at about 34 minutes into the newscast... Sigh...

Great event, IMO.
2A Highlights:
1. Thanks to Radian and Novrske esp for stepping up to lead and organize.
3. Best speaker, Rep. Bill Post. (wish we could clone him!) The takeaway was to write PERSONAL letters or call legislators and often. Form letters are mostly ignored.
3. Honorable mention; Lakeridge HS student. Brave young lady for speaking up.
4. Raspberries: The lady (nurse) speaker near the end. Praised the Malheur standoff and others. Too over the top for me. My opinion only.
5. 3000-4000 attendance sounds right to me.
dat

Ok article until they included quotes from that nutjob Penny Okamoto. What kind of crap is "A lot of people are speaking up and....." bla, bla, bla.

I wish more folks would see what a 2 face hypocrite Penny O truly is, would sure take the wind out of her sails if folks knew the truth about her, and yet the MSM continues to look to her for their "Truth":eek::mad::eek:

Let's keep away from the labels that divide us, no place for that.

If we can't do that, then maybe this thread has run its course.

• Epithets, labels, and generalizations against another person or group of people, whether they are members here or not. These serve absolutely no purpose other than to divide us, directly opposite to our goal of uniting gun owners. This is especially relevant in regard to political labels (such as 'the liberal media', 'those right-wingers', and even 'left/right'). Pro-gun and anti-gun are the only labels that should be applied here, as we are a single issue community. This rule also applies to but is not limited to epithets, labels, and generalizations pertaining to race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, ethnicity, nationality, occupation (such as law enforcement), and every other one you can think of. Disagreement over what constitutes a religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etcetra is not a legitimate excuse.

I think it's a shame that some members here took the time to set up a table by the fountain, made several announcements on this thread, and then staff here bemoan the fact that there wasn't anywhere for members to meet each other. They even had the banner on the front of the table, the same banner that they had posted photos of on an overpass. Maybe I'm just getting to be a grumpy old fart and have lost my tolerance for people that don't pay attention and then complain about something they missed.

Guess what folks - members DID set up a place for other members to meet.

Great turn out! It was great to meet many of you forum members there - arakboss, Taco_lean, Baseacegoku, nwslopoke to name a few.
Thanks to all who came. To those who didn't, you were missed and we look forward to seeing you next time.

I asked one of the state park employees what they estimated the turn out to be. He replied that at the event's peak, around 12:30-1pm, the number he heard was around 5,000. I was surprised by that high of a number, but those were the state employee's words, not mine. I wouldn't be surprised if the number was 3,000-4,000, but 5,000 is even better.
Definitely more than the goal of 2,000!

There were a few Proud Boys there. Towards the end of the event I went over and asked them if they'd seen any Antifa at the event. They said one...maybe, they weren't 100% sure. There was absolutely no trouble at the event.

It was good to see women, children, families, even boy scouts and a lot of all-around, good people at today's event.
Thanks to all those who worked to organize and set up the event and again to all who attended!
It was definitely in the thousands, heck there was darn near 100 in line for porta pots when I was waiting in the line.

I wish I could have gone...heck I wouldn't even mind having a speech...but fair warning , I do have a face made for radio...:eek::D

I did enjoy reading this thread and the seeing photos of those who attended.
It sounds like it was a great event that may have put a better light / press / understanding on who gun owners are and what we are about.
Thank you to all who made this rally possible and to those who went.
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show