JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Then I guess David & Goliath as well as "beat your plowshares into swords" got skipped...

It takes a really liberal interpretation to even come close to comparing it to the 2A.

Anyway, as our dear moderator said, perhaps we should steer the conversation away from religion and other such non-gun-related fiction.

Then I guess David & Goliath as well as "best your plowshares into swords" got skipped... ;)
It takes a really liberal interpretation to even come close to comparing it to the 2A.

Read around that snippet you quoted. Like "... nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Kinda pointless to have a right to bear arms and a god-given rule to never use them! lol

Anyway, as our dear moderator said, perhaps we should steer the conversation away from religion and other such non-gun-related fiction.

I agree the issue is that I keep hearing the same thing repeated at gun rally's but when people question it they are told to not talk about religion. If we would avoid it from the start their would be no issues

Woody, your display of a lack of discerning conversational figures of speech and feigning otherwise is the fiction... you quote something you don't believe in anyway to make your counter-point... but yes, let's move on, shall we?

;)

If we would avoid it from the start their would be no issues

Maybe it's expecting too much, but what would be better is if we can have a civil, and perhaps fun, discussion about such otherwise taboo subjects.

In my experience, no matter how heated a single topic is, we often see eye-to-eye on 999 other things.

Not like it really matters in the end.

I must admit, I'm curious. I googled it, but the first couple of pages gave no decent hit. What the heck is, in your mind, a "Woody"?

Is that some sort of slang? Like "dude" or "retard"?
(I assume closer to the latter, as you wouldn't be so endearing to offer anything nice to me.)

Oh, one more thing... Thought something didn't seem right about that.... so thanks to Google, I see you have it backwards.

It's "... beat your swords into plowshares..."
Swords to ploughshares - Wikipedia

'nuff said.

Yeah, my bad... I'm tired. I single handedly removed my entire kitchen today..... but you KNOW what I meant!

:s0020:

ABD1B159-45B7-4812-B5A1-25588A2417D9.jpeg BECDD004-1476-4B34-A60D-B9BC080A1F36.jpeg A388E97F-CF61-4702-9D8F-FC88389C88A8.jpeg 186629F5-FFBD-41B0-8980-579F39199621.jpeg

Lets clear this up shall a we!
Our founding Doccuments expressly left out any mention of God, instead stating our rights are granted by "Our Creator" speciffically to include any and all beliefs, instead of singling out any one!

@No_Regerts has it right, even animals will do what ever they can to protect thm selves, same as us humans!

... and trust me, Woody... you're no Dude.

You don't know me well enough to have a valid opinion.

I have however learned that you tend to favor an ad hominem conversation. If you can't resist slinging mud at me, do so in a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing I notice about the rally yesterday...no garbage on the ground anywhere.
Even after 3 or 4 hours, the parade grounds looked great.
All in all a very respectable bunch yesterday!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads