JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How many different firearms had to be frankenstein-ed to make this:

"MkIII* Lee-Enfield rifle
...modifying the receiver,
...altering the bolt/bolthead, replacing the barrel with a modified
Thompson submachine gun barrel,
and using modified magazines from the M1911 pistol."

very cool but I can't help but notice the amount of work that went into it, when there are off the shelf products that would nearly duplicate the results with much less work.

Even this replication costs almost $4000 here in UK, so you have to be pretty serious about wanting one - it sure as hell isn't your average plinker, even for the millionaire guy who owns this one.

However, as I must have mentioned before, sound moderators are HUGE business here in UK and Yoorup. Small countries have a lot of noise abatement laws, and there are places where cattle are pretty much part of the local scene and the last thing you need is a herd of spooked Herefords thundering in your direction. Surprisingly, there are also a large number of woodland estates in the part of England that we live in, with deer management problems forced on us by the bambi-huggers. The UK as an entity currently has an over-population of deer of around 350,000, so deer culling is high on the priority of game management hereabouts. In the 'three counties' police authority in which we live about in the middle, you can't go large game shooting of ANY species of deer - muntjac up - without a moderator on your rifle. That's roughly 2000 shooters.....yup UK sure is packed in. We don't use any kind of a tag system here, but rely on the management skills and experience of the estate wardens/managers to advise us of the numbers to take. I'm sure that at least some of you will be familair with the UK on-line countryside site - Fieldsport Channel - that will give you a good idea of what goes on here, where shooting sports of one kind or another put almost $5 Billion into the annual budget.

tac

Sadly, Mr Morgan is as welcome as a fart in an elevator here, too. The only people who want to talk to him are those nice investigators of the Crown Prosection Service - a kind of Inquisition, but British.

tac

Sadly, Mr Morgan is as welcome as a fart in an elevator here, too. The only people who want to talk to him are those nice investigators of the Crown Prosection Service - a kind of Inquisition, but British.

tac

Your referring to his role in the phone hacking?
BTW
the Delisle copies were far cheaper in NZ

His alleged role in the phone-hacking scandal, yes. He has yet to be found guilty, but we look forward to seeing it happen - anything to take that smirk off his loathsome pie-hole.

Sadly we don't live in NZ, so we have to pay the price they cost here in yUK. There is much to commend NZ in my book - the liberal gun laws are only one of the reasons we would like to live there. We have friends in Christchurch and Aukland....

tac

This is my new favorite gun....looks old, shoots my favorite caliber and is quiet. ...and is bolt action so it becomes reasonable to shoot....not like my quiet mac ten carbine that ill unload 30rds of .45 in 2seconds just about.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews