JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just checked out Alabama's website for the first time. Which one do you have? First time I've seen phone "holsters" too. lol
I have just standard Kydex one. Worth every penny. Here is an example of fast draw with it fwiw: (watch first 15 seconds to see draw).

Skip to 5:40 to see lack of printing in jeans front pocket (this is same holster I have):

Last Edited:
a three second reload seems crazy impressive for a revolver... if I'm not mistaken thats like borderline competition level fast.

I sometimes carry a revolver too, mostly when im hiking in the wilderness or doing stuff on my buddies ranch in eastern OR... altho I have been thinking about swapping the revolver for something like a 10mm semi auto, or maybe a revolver in .44mag or .454. From what I have read, .357mag is a surprisingly weak round for stopping wildlife
Maybe add a second to it, and go back 30 years. :(. But, in contrast to what is taught, the gun never left my (right) shooting hand. Except for right thumb pushing the cylinder release, Left hand (two-hand grip) does everything: swing the cylinder out, pop the empties, retrieve speedloader from pouch - (Safariland - quicker than others) chamber fresh rounds and close the cylinder. At the end, the left hand is then in position to resume the two-hand hold. No chance to fumble the gun, and the gun remained downrange through it all.

Being left-handed made all the difference. I shoot right as my right eye is dominant. None of the switch hands, invert the gun, fingers through the cylinder aperture, left thumb on the extractor rod, load with right hand then switch the gun back to the right hand again stuff.

It's still no comparison. Maybe not a big difference with IWB, but it's a huge difference with pocket carry. I can even tell the difference between the P938 and P238. I own both and have pocket carried both. In dress clothes or gym clothes, the p238 is the better option.

View attachment 1232986
Hey if you dont like the P365 thats fine by me, you seem like a dude who knows what he is talking about... I hope that carrying a 7 shot .380 never lets you down

I have a Alabama holster for my Springfield XDS40 mod 2, my XDS45 Mod 1 will fit, and another Alabama for my Taurus G2C in ,40 also. Need to buy one for my Springfield 911 380 (Same size and action as Sig P238 and Colt Mustang} Alabama for the serious pocket carrier.

Believe me I'm aware of how this is partially beating a dead horse, but I just made my own little quick reference/comparison chart of foot pounds of force. In short:

Caliber - Grain - Speed - ft⋅lbf (all averages)

9mm - 124gr - 1150fps - 364 ft⋅lbf

45ACP - 230gr - 830fps - 351 ft⋅lbf

40mm Sponge LTL - 398gr - 325fps - 93 ft⋅lbf

MLB / Fastball - 2187gr - 134fps - 87 ft⋅lbf

This isn't to spark debate of 9 vs 45 yaddy yadda, just to reference that (with full energy delivery) getting hit by a 9 or 45 is the equivalent of more than four MLB pitches. Theoretically.
Yq_TIUXc97DM9x1KiTc0TTIrv9qjIbGa-zMmUbZbNWg.jpg

Stopping power, schmopping power. You can likely stop the aggressor with a .22 LR or two to the face. Any caliber above that is all gravy. With the increasing use of armor by thugs, headshots or conversely, groin shots are becoming more of an option. Groin shots promise better results, especially if the perp lives.

FYI those two guns are not even close to the same size. Re 9mm vs .380, p938 is 9mm and same size as p238 (other than barrel/slide length is 1/4" longer on p938).

P365xl dimensions compared to p238:
View attachment 1232925
View attachment 1232926
p365 is my EDC which replaced a p938 which replaced a P238. the p365 is a much more controllable shape IMO. Though, I make no bones about it, I have small hands however, the 238 and the 938 are harder to control without the extended magazine pinky extension. The 238 feeling the most difficult for me to use effectively strangely With an extended mag, it is all similar, though the ergonomics on the p365 win for me.

Stopping power, schmopping power. You can likely stop the aggressor with a .22 LR or two to the face. Any caliber above that is all gravy. With the increasing use of armor by thugs, headshots or conversely, groin shots are becoming more of an option. Groin shots promise better results, especially if the perp lives.
I'm told that my face can stop a train. Sometimes it's tough being so devilishly handsome. :s0033:

12 gauge #00 Buck is the equivalent of getting hit with 9 rounds of .380 simultaneously.
In class this weekend, the instructor suggested that if you had a plate that stopped all that, it would be about 40 ft-lbs of energy.
Equivalent to how hard the gun kicks - assuming straight single shot design, that would be about the same at the receiving end.
* there is some loss for wad, or fill, range etc. etc.

Also, a 380 can be designed to expand or tumble which buck shot can not do.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top